Fernandes

Chat about anything football related here!
hammer420

Fernandes

Post by hammer420 »

I didn't know anything about the lad before we signed him but I was impressed with his performance yesterday. Early days obviously but he looks like a good prospect.

Thoughts?

JustLikeMyDreams

Re: Fernandes

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

hammer420 wrote:I didn't know anything about the lad before we signed him but I was impressed with his performance yesterday. Early days obviously but he looks like a good prospect.

Thoughts?
He came on and done well at palace under difficult circumstances and played well yesterday.
Fingers crossed he keeps progressing and becomes a regular in our team.Like you I had never heard of him till we signed the fellow in the summer.

Irvine-Hammer

Post by Irvine-Hammer »

The first impression I got when I heard about us signing this guy is that he is Payet's replacement for next season. Watched the game yesterday and although he's got a good engine and very skillfull, he's very one footed.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Looks enthusiastic.

Which will stand you out amongst our current players unfortunately!!!

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

He looked good against Accrington and played well yesterday.

I dont think he deserves yet to start when we have a full complement...see him as a back up to Noble and Obiang

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I disagree . I'm of the opinion that he is more of a back up for LanZini and/or Payet.

Only he tracks back too.
Bring back Jonathon !

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Newmarket wrote:I disagree . I'm of the opinion that he is more of a back up for LanZini and/or Payet.

Only he tracks back too.
I agree. Would deffo play him as an attacking midfielder. At 20 he can only improve and learn and , fingers crossed, claim a spot in the team. I would even start him against Chelsea and rest Lanzini to the bench because of his defensive attributes also which we will need in that middle against them. Same team at Palace , just replace Lanzini ( bring him on if needed) with Fernan. That would deffo bolster that middle and he would link up well with Cress having played down the left side Saturday.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

IronsForever wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I disagree . I'm of the opinion that he is more of a back up for LanZini and/or Payet.

Only he tracks back too.
I agree. Would deffo play him as an attacking midfielder. At 20 he can only improve and learn and , fingers crossed, claim a spot in the team. I would even start him against Chelsea and rest Lanzini to the bench because of his defensive attributes also which we will need in that middle against them. Same team at Palace , just replace Lanzini ( bring him on if needed) with Fernan. That would deffo bolster that middle and he would link up well with Cress having played down the left side Saturday.
Mate, how about Fernandes replace Lanzini & Lanzini replace Zaza?

We KNOW Lanzini as an eye for goal.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Taansend wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Mate, how about Fernandes replace Lanzini & Lanzini replace Zaza?

We KNOW Lanzini as an eye for goal.
I share you concern for Zaza . I should have said i would leave him out also because if he can't score against the teams we have been playing , what chance has he got making an impact against Chelsea. Lanzini does have an eye for goal and can producer a scorcher of a shot from no where but he needs space to play into and pushing him up would make him a target for defenders to mark tight. He would tend to come out looking for space leaving less room for on coming players to run into.I would deffo play him at some point but starting with Fernan means we have more chance or keeping it tight for that opening period. Chelsea put 4 past Man U today so i think its going to be tough to stop them scoring so we need to play a very strong midfield and restrict them flowing as much as poss. No idea about the striker . Maybe put Reid up there :D or send in Carrol with a limp just for corners :D
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Did'nt he want to buy us a few years ago? Now he's after a game every week.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............