England v Slovakia

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: England v Slovakia

Post by ToneLoc »

You can even see what's coming next as well can't you?......

Another night of frustration for Ronaldo will see Portugal finish second and so drawn against England..........

To which then Ronaldo suddenly finds his shooting boots.............. now picture that against our back four !!!!

You read it here first :)
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

redhammer wrote:As funny as it is for myself....I wouldn't worry about that if was supporting England. Slovakia had fuck all intention of having a shot. In the knock outs it'll be rare to come up against a so defensive side plus you rested a handful of players.

Well played to Wales though. Unbelievable.
You're right Red........ in the knock outs our shite attack won't be exposed because our shite defence will be too busy being exposed !!!!
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Henderson is fucking shit.....poor excuse for a footballer who is lucky to be a PL player let alone an international.

BoleynBadges

Post by BoleynBadges »

glad i went to bed now

palerider

Post by palerider »

So the path is now a bit clearer then.

We play the runners-up of Portugal's group. No great shakes you may say but maybe Ronaldo will decide not to play like a cunt. And maybe we shouldn't take Iceland or Hungary for granted either. But should a scuffed 89th minute winner put us through on a night of nationalistic fervour, we then almost certainly play France in Paris in the quarter finals. The day after that we go home.

The owl gambled and lost. And proper managers don't leave things to chance. Even though there are now 5 days rest, he rested Rooney even though Shrek had been playing well. We lost the energy of Danny Rose too. Bertrand isn't international standard and showed it. Wilshire showed why a season out injured proved it was ridiculous having him in the squad anyway and as for Henderson ? Don't go there. But Woy sticks with his favourites, Even when they're out of their depth on the big stage. And when a man as respected as Glenn Hoddle says that Andy Carroll coming on to change things would have been more than useful, the remark about the West Ham contingent being best out of it is damning. From a Hammers point of view at least we may see Dimitri tear England a new one quite soon.

Still, I've grown in to the Euros and I didn't think I would. I was so disillusioned about Hodgson still being in charge after the debacle in Brazil, (largely because he's an FA yes man) that I actually forgot that we were playing in one of the friendlies. And I didn't bother watching one of the other warm-up games because Penny Dreadful was on. But once the tournament started I realised that I'm English. I'd still want us to do well even if Allardyce was in charge,

So I went to bed last night and filled in the scores in my Panini album. I didn't get all the stickers though. I was missing the England manager. I didn't want to leave a blank space so I found an Age Concern flyer with a picture of a very confused old chap with a blanket over his legs being pushed around a nice garden in his wheelchair.

Looking closely, the resemblance is striking.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whilst pottering around looking for something better to do, out of idle curiosity rather than a genuine give a damn
, I decided to see how we were fairing.

I turned on around the 64 munute mark, Slovakia looked like they were giving us a hard time,, passing the ball around and generally keeping our boys penned in and grasping for loose balls. This all changed after a few stray passes that found the side lines rather than it's intended recipient.

From then on , up to the 79th minute and possibly longer as that was the time I found a decent film to watch, it appeared we were content to play football by numbers, no not him!, you know! like the painting you do step by step. pass 1 2 3 pass, try and get your boot to that my son. For some reason Payet sprung to mind. And if you too were watching you might grasp my reasoning.

Well by the 80th minute i was watching the opening credits of a die hard movie without a give a damn in the world.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

Shocking to hear so many pundits praising England during the group stages. They've played against 3 teams wanting to defend and nearly got knocked out of the tournament.

I still can't believe that Roy did not pick Andy Carroll. He would've been top goal scorer of the tournament against these teams. Even big sam would've done a better job picking a squad.

So England will most likely play against Portugal and then possibly France. I think that Portugal will once again raise their game to send England packing.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

rajahirons wrote:Shocking to hear so many pundits praising England during the group stages. They've played against 3 teams wanting to defend and nearly got knocked out of the tournament.

I still can't believe that Roy did not pick Andy Carroll. He would've been top goal scorer of the tournament against these teams. Even big sam would've done a better job picking a squad.

So England will most likely play against Portugal and then possibly France. I think that Portugal will once again raise their game to send England packing.
TBH I don't know why you complain about England wanting to just defend all three games and then say Samantha could do a better job. He's the master of it.

of the England games I have watched, 1 game and 10 mins I wouldn't say it was defensive at all. Can't comment on the remaining parts I never saw.

What I saw was more of a cautious build up with little sting in the tail. Ok 5 mins of the 10 min game I watched was defensive but it hardly means we have been defensive in all 3 games.

We know the mistakes the first and part of the second game. The third seemed more like, of what I saw of it, more a kick about between buddies. No real desire to win, but just make sure not to lose.

Knew by Roonys comments not to expect anything else.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Where do you start with this shambles and the pundits saying we have done well dominating possession....

None of that matters....FFS, Leicester hardly did it last season and that was over 38 games..

When will England realise that

1) If you pick players out of form they will not play well and not regain the form
2) If you pick players who were injured all season they wont have time to get match fit
3) If you pick players at big clubs because they were decent a few years ago rather than form players full of confidence now, you will end up being knocked out
4) Having accidentally stumbled across a decent combination, dont fucking change it
5) That winning is everything and momentum is key
6) That players can play 7 games in a month
7) That Jordan Henderson is not a footballer

That game was crying out for Drinkwater and Defoe last night. Drinkwater knows Vardy's runs and Defoe could have spared our blushes.

The worst Russian side I have ever seen, Slovakia and Wales and we need a last minute goal to get 5 points and finish second..pah !

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Roy is an utter cunt, from cuntsville

Henderson, Bertrand, fucking nicking a living as a footballers
Wiltshire - Feel sorry for him, looks like he is not game fit ......... hold on, you cunt Roy

Walker - best player in the tournament. lets rest him, he has played 2 games in 9 days, you cunt Roy

"We had great ball retention". Slovakia did not want the ball, you cunt Roy

Kane & Ali - must have taken a backhander

So here we are, a penalty defeat awaits us Monday evening.

I fly out Saturday
Covid in the Boardroom