England v Slovakia

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: England v Slovakia

Post by 1234 »

Hodgson is like a giddy schoolgirl when dealing with players from top clubs.
Rooney will get slaughtered in midfield role when he plays a team that pressures him. he has been afforded the space of a friendly match in the first 2 matches and will not get that against a half decent team. His legs are shot.
Bertrand is a decent enough left back.
Drinkwater should be in the team.
Kane and Ali were the best English forward and midfielder last season. The issue with them is the way they are being deployed and maybe Kane has started reading his own headlines.
Vardy is not international quality.

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

ToneLoc wrote:
Porterman wrote:Now hes got REAL SELECTION PROBLEMS....hes just realised they are all completely shit!!!!!!!
He's spoilt for choice mate........ didn't you hear ITV??
Of course he is spoilt for choice. He has Noble, Antonio, Carroll, Drinkwater, Defoe and Dann all on form and full of confidence.....oh wait, no he doesn't.....he has Milner, Wilshere, Henderson, Sterling and Bertrand

They must have meant he has spoilt the choice ! :evil:

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Gonzo wrote:
BillyDWhizz wrote:It's just been 85 mins of square ball after square ball, eventually ending up with Henderson, who then gives it away.

He's certainly not an international standard footballer
He's not a PL quality footballer either

rajahirons

Post by rajahirons »

eskimo joe wrote:
rajahirons wrote:Shocking to hear so many pundits praising England during the group stages. They've played against 3 teams wanting to defend and nearly got knocked out of the tournament.

I still can't believe that Roy did not pick Andy Carroll. He would've been top goal scorer of the tournament against these teams. Even big sam would've done a better job picking a squad.

So England will most likely play against Portugal and then possibly France. I think that Portugal will once again raise their game to send England packing.
TBH I don't know why you complain about England wanting to just defend all three games and then say Samantha could do a better job. He's the master of it.

of the England games I have watched, 1 game and 10 mins I wouldn't say it was defensive at all. Can't comment on the remaining parts I never saw.

What I saw was more of a cautious build up with little sting in the tail. Ok 5 mins of the 10 min game I watched was defensive but it hardly means we have been defensive in all 3 games.

We know the mistakes the first and part of the second game. The third seemed more like, of what I saw of it, more a kick about between buddies. No real desire to win, but just make sure not to lose.

Knew by Roonys comments not to expect anything else.
I did not say England were defensive but rather that they played against defensive teams. They must've known the group stages would be all about breaking down teams sitting back.

I agree with what Slav said in the studio. You need to build momentum if you want to progress in this tournament, you can't just give people a go and hope to be ready for the next round with a different team.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

rajahirons wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
TBH I don't know why you complain about England wanting to just defend all three games and then say Samantha could do a better job. He's the master of it.

of the England games I have watched, 1 game and 10 mins I wouldn't say it was defensive at all. Can't comment on the remaining parts I never saw.

What I saw was more of a cautious build up with little sting in the tail. Ok 5 mins of the 10 min game I watched was defensive but it hardly means we have been defensive in all 3 games.

We know the mistakes the first and part of the second game. The third seemed more like, of what I saw of it, more a kick about between buddies. No real desire to win, but just make sure not to lose.

Knew by Roonys comments not to expect anything else.
I did not say England were defensive but rather that they played against defensive teams. They must've known the group stages would be all about breaking down teams sitting back.

I agree with what Slav said in the studio. You need to build momentum if you want to progress in this tournament, you can't just give people a go and hope to be ready for the next round with a different team.
My apologies, I misinterpreted what you wrote.

I will say this for England, the only thing they have improved upon since the last tournament is their passing. They have actually managed to pas it without the receiver having to back track to get it.

And yes, like you, I agree with Bilic, this last game was the one to take by the scruff of the neck and run with not experiment or try to justify inclusion of certain players to the squad.

I
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Post by 1234 »

eskimo joe wrote:
rajahirons wrote:

I will say this for England, the only thing they have improved upon since the last tournament is their passing. They have actually managed to pas it without the receiver having to back track to get it.

And yes, like you, I agree with Bilic, this last game was the one to take by the scruff of the neck and run with not experiment or try to justify inclusion of certain players to the squad.

I

You make a lot of statements regarding England considering you have watched 1 game and 20 minutes of another!!

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

1234 wrote:Hodgson is like a giddy schoolgirl when dealing with players from top clubs.
Rooney will get slaughtered in midfield role when he plays a team that pressures him. he has been afforded the space of a friendly match in the first 2 matches and will not get that against a half decent team. His legs are shot.
Kane and Ali were the best English forward and midfielder last season. The issue with them is the way they are being deployed and maybe Kane has started reading his own headlines.

Yes to all of that. Absolutely.

It is only the very last sentence I beg to differ with. I think he is international quality as far as this England team goes in my opinion.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

1234 wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

I

You make a lot of statements regarding England considering you have watched 1 game and 20 minutes of another!!

So what, don't take a genius to see the difference in last years play and this.

Haven't you noticed it? If not I guess I'm wrong and I am a genius and it does take one
3 comments based on what I have seen is hardly a lot, and considering you claim to state facts, at least try and get them right
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

frogiron wrote:
1234 wrote:Hodgson is like a giddy schoolgirl when dealing with players from top clubs.

Yes to all of that. Absolutely.

It is only the very last sentence I beg to differ with. I think he is international quality as far as this England team goes in my opinion.
Agreed

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

ToneLoc wrote:You can even see what's coming next as well can't you?......

Another night of frustration for Ronaldo will see Portugal finish second and so drawn against England..........

To which then Ronaldo suddenly finds his shooting boots.............. now picture that against our back four !!!!

You read it here first :)
There you go.
England v Portugal and Ronaldo has his shooting boots back.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"