Stoke City vs West Ham Utd Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Stoke City vs West Ham Utd Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Not an easy place to go to and Stoke are similar like us so it will be tough.

Squad:

Adrian

Fernandez
Masuaku
Collins
Reid
Fonte

Noble
Kouyate
Lanzini

Ayew

Calleri

Predictions - Stoke 2 - 1 West Ham....(hope I am wrong)

Hope Bilic will make sure the teams are sharply focus and continue with fine defending.

COYI
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: Stoke City vs West Ham Utd Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Surely Nordveit deserves another go after his very good performance?
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote:Surely Nordveit deserves another go after his very good performance?
If I was Bilic, I probably would in front of Noble but Noble is a club captain and back to the squad so 1 player probably dropped and either Nordvelt or Fernandez to the sub bench.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote:
If I was Bilic, I probably would in front of Noble but Noble is a club captain and back to the squad so 1 player probably dropped and either Nordvelt or Fernandez to the sub bench.
Stick Nordveit in for Kouyate perhaps?
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote:
I have been a fan of Mark Nobles for years still think he should have got senior caps after captaining the under 21s , but anyway he has not had the best season and thats putting it politely , having him as captain this season hasnt made a blind bit of difference on the pitch . The notable difference this season where we didnt concede a goal , didnt look like conceding a goal , didnt run out of steam , looked like we actually played as a team was against Everton , so all I can say is Mark Noble has to step back , he is a club man and do what is right for the team now .That doesnt mean he has to play , what more could the players who did so well against everton ask for is to have him saying get out there and do it again .

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

shall be attending this game with my brother in law, a huge stokey, unfortunately with him & the very scarey stokeys. last time i went someone (diamante?) scored a brilliant free kick winner in what was (and generally is) a very dull game (although we won). i think we are 2 very similar teams aiming for the same heights and i dont expect a classic. I would however have slav or hughes any day of the week.
looks like carroll will play some part, but please please please play fletcher not calleri who from what i have seen just isnt cut out for the premiership. that would be my only change from last week.
i hope to be sat on my hands celebrating something, last time i was a 'tad' excitable when we scored which resulted in some feisty banter with those around me.....which was nice.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote:
Ibbyham wrote: If I was Bilic, I probably would in front of Noble but Noble is a club captain and back to the squad so 1 player probably dropped and either Nordvelt or Fernandez to the sub bench.
or dropped Ayew for Noble.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote:
JayK wrote:
Possible. Drop Lanzini in Ayews spot and Noble in the void left by Lanzini.

End of the day, I think Newmarket is right and we're wasting our breath on all this squad predicting coz Bilic will revert back to flat back 4 with Byram, Noble and Carroll coming back in
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote:
JayK wrote:
I would swap Lanzini and Ayews positions ? , Calleri shouldnt play , Fletcher gets the nod ( not because he isnt good enough but because hes a loan deal and Fletcher is one of ours and is good enough ( At Man Ure Fletcher was better thought of then Rashford ) look how that has worked out for one of them when you have a manager who is willing to give youth a chance , but the rest should stay the same as the Everton match .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote:
JayK wrote:
:shock: