Diafra Sakho

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Time to sell Sakho

Post by BlackDiamond »

The key here is replacement. And what do we mean - well it's quality,the next level.

We should already have players of the substance and quality of Edin Džeko,Julian Draxler,Gylfi Sigurðsson - rather than Andrew Ayew - within the squad and obviously a very decent mid twenties RB.

That could have been achieved, had the club shown sensible ambition and selective targeting.

BillyDWhizz

Re: Re : Time to sell Sakho

Post by BillyDWhizz »

terrya1965 wrote:I wouldn't sell him..When his match fit his a bloody decent striker.Unless we can get 2 class strikers in the summer (though I doubt it ),I would keep Sakho.
Yeah but what's the point when he's only match fit 40% of the time? And define "class striker." A £30+ million man perhaps? Why? Sakho's current average is 5.3 goals a season so we don't really need a class striker - anyone who could score 5.4 goals a season would be an improvement!!
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

teddybard

Post by teddybard »

Another pointless Poll FFS

Time to sell shakeass
What out of the transfer season??

Are you trying to outdo Hugh in the Pointless polls stakes
whufc_crest
IF it's true that we are here to help others,
what are the others doing here??

shakeass “Congratulations.....You’ve been shafted by the Dildo brothers” kickimmuts

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

I think what Saks brings is unpredictability, if he doesn't know what he's going to do next then his markers don't. His running is non stop and adds a bit of annoyance to the opposition defence.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

teddybard wrote:Another pointless Poll FFS

Time to sell shakeass
What out of the transfer season??

Are you trying to outdo Hugh in the Pointless polls stakes
Not really pointless, given he is now away to return to first team training, my point is based around if we have a desire to sell, shouldn't we do our best to wrap him up in cotton wool so he is 'fit' in the summer.

Believe it or not, despite the season having 3 months to go, teams with no honours or relegation to play for May (and should) be looking at planning for next season, in that choosing Byram over Arbeloa, giving Feghouli, Ayew, Masuaku and Nordtveit chances to prove their worth.

Remember we signed Nordtveit and Lanzini in the 'out of transfer window'

JayK

Post by JayK »

I'd sell him. I like him as a player and think he works very well in our system but in my opinion, once you got a bad back, you've always got a bad back, no matter how much or good surgery you have. That's a risk I'm not willing to take. So yes, wrap him up in cotton wool and sell him on and thank him for his service
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote:once you got a bad back, you've always got a bad back, no matter how much or good surgery you have.
Well I can personally vouch for the first bit but I can't afford to spend hundreds of thousands on top notch surgery so I'm hoping your wrong on the second bit.

I don't think Mario and Luigi are prepared to fork out what it'll take to replace him frankly
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote:
JayK wrote:once you got a bad back, you've always got a bad back, no matter how much or good surgery you have.
Well I can personally vouch for the first bit but I can't afford to spend hundreds of thousands on top notch surgery so I'm hoping your wrong on the second bit.

I don't think Mario and Luigi are prepared to fork out what it'll take to replace him frankly
It would indeed cost a few quid to get a similar, injury free replacement probably mate. But no point keeping him on the books if he's only gonna play 2 games a season
COYI!!!

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark »

He's a bloody good player when fit and his mind is on the job... it seems all his injurys have been to do with his hay-stack so hopefully that is fixed now.... his mind might be a bit harder to fix babyfuckoff , but give him another chance to prove himself I say.... to get another player that is as good as him at his best would cost us a fortune... so he's got to be worth another go.

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

Timing is everything of course.
I say, wait and see how he does when he returns. Provided the surgery has been successful and he has his head on straight, he could go on to do great things for us. He has talent, works hard and can score goals so let's see if he can rise to the occasion and raise his game.
If there is not a marked improvement in his attitude then sell.
whufc_crest