Antonio is not a Right Back.......

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Antonio is not a Right Back.......

Post by dagenhamdave »

and never will be. :oops:

BillyDWhizz

Re: Antonio is not a Right Back.......

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Averaging 2 goals conceded per game in pre-season so far. At least that's consistent.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Don't be surprised if he asks for a move keep being played there, I would.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote:Averaging 2 goals conceded per game in pre-season so far. At least that's consistent.
To be fair, this consistency isn't just Antonios fault. He hasn't played all the pre season games. I 100% agree and have said this since before the end of last season.....he's not a defender!!
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I feel sorry for him, he's obviously been told to do a job and isn't up to it. Hopelessly out of position time and time again and yet is kept there in the blind hope that he'll come good. He won't, and is never in a million years a full back. They've got feghouli who has jumped in to his position and he's being used as a scapegoat to patch things up. Very very unfair on the bloke and if I were him I'd be putting in for a transfer and telling them to go fuck themselves. I love Antonio but he's being made to look a cunt.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Might as well kept Tonka and played him at right back. Too many players out of position tonight. I do not understand playing Sam at LB, might just as well as played him in his proper position and played Antonio at LB, even that might have been better than two players out of position. :idea: :? :?

JayK

Post by JayK »

dagenhamdave wrote:Might as well kept Tonka and played him at right back. Too many players out of position tonight. I do not understand playing Sam at LB, might just as well as played him in his proper position and played Antonio at LB, even that might have been better than two players out of position. :idea: :? :?
Agreed
COYI!!!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

dagenhamdave wrote:Don't be surprised if he asks for a move keep being played there, I would.

Someone mentioned this last week and I wasn't so sure but I can see his agent pushing for it to be honest.

Last season he was one of the best wingers in the league and I'd imagine most premier lg teams would have him.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

Honestly, if I was Antonio I would be seriously thinking about saying that I don't want to be picked because I can't play there and it's affecting my reputation as well as the teams goals against tally

Same thing with Nolan and Fatty. I think Nolan got to the point he realised he was ineffective but he was captain so played. He seemed professional enough to me to realise that and he would've not played if he had the opiton and it helped the team

Billic is killing Antonio

palerider

Post by palerider »

Gonzo wrote:
dagenhamdave wrote:Don't be surprised if he asks for a move keep being played there, I would.

Someone mentioned this last week and I wasn't so sure but I can see his agent pushing for it to be honest.

Last season he was one of the best wingers in the league and I'd imagine most premier lg teams would have him.
We have Feghouli now. Faded tonight due to fitness, but quality.

But it's true, Antonio is not a defender. He lacks the awareness that's coached at an early age. His instinct is to attack. I love Slaven but if he continues with this ridicuous idea, he's a cunt, and were it Allardyce there'd be many calling for his head.