Randolph v Adrian

Chat about anything football related here!
IrishIron

Randolph v Adrian

Post by IrishIron »

Have to say i am delighted with a fact Randy has signed a new 4 year deal. Its been floating around a few media places that Randy signed his new contract on the basis that the no.1 shirt is up for grabs and with Adrian starting the Europa League game will that mean Randy is our No.1 for the start of the prem league season?

Personally i taught that he would go this summer as he is way to good to continue to be a back up keeper and being Ireland's no.1 he would need to be playing regularly to keep his spot for Ireland.

Randy had a great euros with the mighty Irish, played very well when he came in for Adrian last season and would definitely inspire me with confidence that he wont have a Joe Hart Esq blunder. As much as I love Adrian he is way too prone to having a suicidal moment on the pitch and think Randy is a better keeper.

thomasdown480

Re: Randolph v Adrian

Post by thomasdown480 »

I love both keepers but if I had to pick one personally it would be Adrian. I think he is the better keeper if you take away his fluffing around with the ball it's a no brainer.

I love the fact Randolph has decided to stay & fight as this means Adrian no longer knows he is guaranteed first team so will try harder.

Win win for everyone.

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Honestly, I prefer Randolph over Adrian. Adrian has never filled me with confidence, his relationship with the fans goes a long way to cover his shortfalls as people are more inclined to ignore flaws if they love a player. He's still a good keeper don't get me wrong but for me Randolph is the better of the two.

Great to have competition between the sticks though, keeos them both on their toes.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Rudolphs delivery is better, but i can't see much else to choose between them TBH. I think i would only choose Adrian because of familiarity.
Last edited by eskimo joe on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Gonna have to say Adrian, capable of doing speactacular reactionary saves and is great at penalties too.. and tbh his screwups aren't happening at all that often.

Totally confident when Randolph is in goal as well though.

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

Adrian for me but love Randolph resigning shows loyalty and great heart he shows confidence in the way the club is going .competition should bring out the best in both of them

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Although Adrian has the height advantage I still think Randy would stop him in around the 8th round.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Randolph for me all day long. :D

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

LeeWHU88 wrote:Honestly, I prefer Randolph over Adrian. Adrian has never filled me with confidence, his relationship with the fans goes a long way to cover his shortfalls as people are more inclined to ignore flaws if they love a player. He's still a good keeper don't get me wrong but for me Randolph is the better of the two.

Great to have competition between the sticks though, keeos them both on their toes.

Randolph for me too, just more composed, better distribution and I often think Adrian shows off, does tv saves too much and rarely catches crosses, he makes me really nervous with pass backs and when he comes to punch, a keeper shouldn't make you nervous.

However am not sure we have a no 1 anymore. Is the league more important than cups this season? We won't get top 4 or relegated.

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

Love them both, hard to say which is better, overall I think Randolph might have the all round game but Adrian is slightly more agile, better at shot stopping and slightly better in the air. But it's really marginal, Adrian should keep the number 1, run Randolph in Europe and the cups. If one loses form, the other can stamp themselves in as the certified number 1.