Arthur

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Arthur

Post by Clayton »

IronsForever wrote:
Clayton wrote:
the idea of Kouyate/Noble in midfield is to me just FRIGHTENING , we all know what the outcome will be , the same as normal , unless Kouyate wakes up for a game ! Would much prefer Zabs/Cullen in there , with Antonio as a RWB . Rice has to play in the center of the back 3 , hes the only one with any creative/passing ability , with Oggy on his left and Collins on his right .
I agree Clay about Noble and Kouyate but its all we have. Rice is too in-experienced in there and Cullen is not setting it alight in the Championship.Zab wont cope at his age with the demands of that role.
Cant deny its a dilemma , but surely Zabs/Cullen cant be any worse and you never know it could be the answer , Cullen's not in the Championship , hes been keeping the subs bench warm this season . As for our back 3 , us huffing the ball out doesnt help our control of the game . We need a ball playing CB who has control and has the ability to make a pass , which I think Rice has .
Many are saying our defense is the problem , but for me our biggest problem is our midfield , because they are not capable of carrying out their positional duties , and has been for some time , and that is what needs changing , otherwise I fear the worst again .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
I agree Clay about Noble and Kouyate but its all we have. Rice is too in-experienced in there and Cullen is not setting it alight in the Championship.Zab wont cope at his age with the demands of that role.
Cant deny its a dilemma , but surely Zabs/Cullen cant be any worse and you never know it could be the answer , Cullen's not in the Championship , hes been keeping the subs bench warm this season . As for our back 3 , us huffing the ball out doesnt help our control of the game . We need a ball playing CB who has control and has the ability to make a pass , which I think Rice has .
Many are saying our defense is the problem , but for me our biggest problem is our midfield , because they are not capable of carrying out their positional duties , and has been for some time , and that is what needs changing , otherwise I fear the worst again .
Well there’s no way on gods earth that the Messiah will drop either of the useless cunts from DM .
We all know it .

Tadic will have a field day.

We should buy him by the way ... nearest thing to Alan Devonshire in the PL imo
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Glad to have Arthur back today, he has been sorely missed more than any other player in my opinion.
We dominated the left side, even without Lanzini, we looked a different team. One of the very few "bargain buys" :D

DiCanio

Post by DiCanio »

Spitting is a disgusting thing to do but so is a challenge that is done to hurt and maybe finish the career of a player. What would you rather have? Being spat at or a badly broken leg that ends your career? One carries a 3 game ban the other a 6 game ban. So obviously from a punishment point of view a finished career is less worthy of punishment than a dirty spitting incident. Seems pretty stupid to me when looked at in that way. He was wrong and got punished to severely in my opinion, Now we have to get on with it. I am in no way condoning spitting with this post but feel that at times everyone needs to be realistic. If you had the choice of being spat at or stabbed which would you pick? Honest answers please that are realistic and not abusive please.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

punkrockhammer wrote:I’d rather we sacked the filthy cunt than play him again
Why?!

1985whu

Post by 1985whu »

Porterman wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:I’d rather we sacked the filthy cunt than play him again
Why?!

He made a mistake, he's learned from it. Move on. Let his football do the talking now. We're a better side with him in it.

Good thing we didn't sack Billy Bonds for spitting at an opponent in 1970 eh? He got a 2 week ban and a £100 fine.