Arthur

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Arthur

Post by Newmarket »

Hammertime wrote:
redhammer wrote:Made a mistake, been punished, we move on.

We have missed his ability to take the ball from our third into the final third and allow our team to push up, I'd be tempted to put him and Antonio as the wing backs to really give us pace and attacking intent against the Saints.
I love the concept of attacking wingbacks, especially those two. Unfortunately because of our defensive frailties and a holding mid in Kouyate, who thinks he's at attacking wing back too, it leaves us very exposed at the back and I fear how many Southampton will put past us.
Wow what a good post . If you can see it and I can see it , do you think....
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Hammertime wrote:

We have missed his ability to take the ball from our third into the final third and allow our team to push up, I'd be tempted to put him and Antonio as the wing backs to really give us pace and attacking intent against the Saints.
I love the concept of attacking wingbacks, especially those two. Unfortunately because of our defensive frailties and a holding mid in Kouyate, who thinks he's at attacking wing back too, it leaves us very exposed at the back and I fear how many Southampton will put past us.
...and I share your fear. We might catalogue Mark Hughes as your typical rent-a-manager with a crap win percentage - but his boys,roared on by his will power,executed a tactical master class against an elite third tier opposition and have driven themselves into a FA cup semi final...somethings got to give on March 31st and I think I know what's coming down the pike...

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Hmmm - Masuaku/Antonio wingbacks - I like that idea , move Zabs into midfield as a holding player ( he can tackle and pass ) put Cullen alongside him . Back 3 of Kouyate/Rice/Ogbonna .

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Newmarket wrote:
Hammertime wrote:
Wow what a good post . If you can see it and I can see it , do you think....
Nope!
#fuckqatar2022

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

The stats show how much we have missed him. Also playing him might force Moyes into playing Antonio up top like the game against Man City at their place. With him down the left and Antonio in the center, we can switch Arnie out right like he was in the Stoke game and have pace across the board. He is also comfortable with the ball at his feet which takes him into the minority:)
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

..................................................Adrian/Hart...............................................
........................Oggy..........................Collins...........................Cress..............
..Zabby..............................................................................................Masuaku.
.............................Kouyate................Noble.......................Lanzini..............
..........................................Arnie.............................Antonio...............

Decent Subs bench with Mario and Chico.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

stating the bleeding obvious but they must not score and if they do we have to had scored first

squeaky bum time

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

IronsForever wrote:..................................................Adrian/Hart...............................................
........................Oggy..........................Collins...........................Cress..............
..Zabby..............................................................................................Masuaku.
.............................Kouyate................Noble.......................Lanzini..............
..........................................Arnie.............................Antonio...............

We might only concede three goals with both Adrian and Hart between the sticks.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

IronsForever wrote:..................................................Adrian/Hart...............................................

the idea of Kouyate/Noble in midfield is to me just FRIGHTENING , we all know what the outcome will be , the same as normal , unless Kouyate wakes up for a game ! Would much prefer Zabs/Cullen in there , with Antonio as a RWB . Rice has to play in the center of the back 3 , hes the only one with any creative/passing ability , with Oggy on his left and Collins on his right .

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever »

Clayton wrote:

the idea of Kouyate/Noble in midfield is to me just FRIGHTENING , we all know what the outcome will be , the same as normal , unless Kouyate wakes up for a game ! Would much prefer Zabs/Cullen in there , with Antonio as a RWB . Rice has to play in the center of the back 3 , hes the only one with any creative/passing ability , with Oggy on his left and Collins on his right .
I agree Clay about Noble and Kouyate but its all we have. Rice is too in-experienced in there and Cullen is not setting it alight in the Championship.Zab wont cope at his age with the demands of that role.