David Moyes . . . .

Chat about anything football related here!
Gonzo

David Moyes . . . .

Post by Gonzo »

. . . . is in line to get a long-term contract so the latest rumour goes.

Not impressed at all.

I really hope that the owners are not so easily swayed by a victory over a shite Southampton. We need to get a new young manager to go in a new direction because Moyes staying and buying a load of journeymen from Fulham does not inspire confidence.

Pennywise

Re: David Moyes . . . .

Post by Pennywise »

My renewal is looking less and less likely

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well its hardly a surprise is it? Not as if we didnt suspect it a while ago, with the comments comming out of Sullivans flapper it all points that way.

Who would he appoint if we went down? he would get crucified if he approached Lard Arse. Moyes is the safe bet with the excuse he had too much to do in too little time sso see what he does up until christmas.

The wanker said he learnt his lesson when Grant was in charge, but we all know that was bull, he dug his grimy claws in when all but he knew it was time to get rid of Bilic. He is a wait, see and hope man , the big hope is he dont have to payout compo. Dont apply to Moyes granted, but even in that the worm left himself some leg space, not that he needs it, the guys got no balls.

The smoke screen was till the end of the season.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Gonzo wrote:. . . . is in line to get a long-term contract so the latest rumour goes.

Not impressed at all.

I really hope that the owners are not so easily swayed by a victory over a shite Southampton. We need to get a new young manager to go in a new direction because Moyes staying and buying a load of journeymen from Fulham does not inspire confidence.
I would be so disappointed with this. The summer is a perfect time to bring in a new up and coming manager with a new director of football.
Moyes is a nice enough guy but fuck me his defensive tactics, lack of subs etc.. will soon cost him. Like I've said before he is the nicer guy version of Allardyce.
His only appeal to the owners is that he's cheap.
You get what you pay for.

Geo and Gonzo mentioned it on COT the other day, i think the question was 'would you rather spend big on a manager or a player this summer?' - A manager all day long. I think the owners will think differently because they are so out of touch with the modern game.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

jhammers wrote:
Gonzo wrote:. . . . is in line to get a long-term contract so the latest rumour goes.

Not impressed at all.

I would be so disappointed with this. The summer is a perfect time to bring in a new up and coming manager with a new director of football.
Moyes is a nice enough guy but fuck me his defensive tactics, lack of subs etc.. will soon cost him. Like I've said before he is the nicer guy version of Allardyce.

Geo and Gonzo mentioned it on COT the other day, i think the question was 'would you rather spend big on a manager or a player this summer?' - A manager all day long. I think the owners will think differently because they are so out of touch with the modern game.
Isn't that a contradiction in terms mate ? You want to spend big on a manager (something I agree with btw) but you want an up and coming manager, by which I assume you mean someone who has done a decent job lower down the scale, but untried at the top level. Apologies if I've got that wrong.

I don't think we'll get a proven, successful, manager with the dwarf in charge but unless you get the top appointment right the end result isn't going to be clever imo. My personal choice would be Manuel Pellegrini. Did a very good job at Man City under difficult circumstances, knowing Guardiola was on his way, but he's now in China so I imagine he is earning shedloads of money and way outside our price range.

So we'll end up either with Moyes staying or some plank like Garry Monk or, as someone has suggested, I hope tongue in cheek, the bloody Crowley Brothers.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Moyes is not the answer never was , we have all seen it on the pitch , hes not taking us forward , hes taking us backwards as far as football goes . This summer is the ideal time for our owners to get it right by bringing in a younger exciting manager and a DoF . For me it would have to be Slavisa Jokanovic of Fulham , with his relentless free-flowing style of attacking football , his teams dominate play with their possession . His Fulham have the highest Possession and Pass percentage in the championship and the most goals scored from open play .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

We'll be linked with every cunt up until season ticket renewal time. After that it's Moyes all the way.
In other words, the usual bollocks.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

watched a few championship games this sea on via the telly and if you think you can compare it with the prem your so wrong

IF Fulham come up they will go straight down, watched last night and they nearly let Leeds in on loads of occasions

think Slavisa Jokanovic is a good manager but at Prem level will be a very big risk IMHO

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

You lot make me hat & scarf .

At Xmas he was the fucking Messiah and you were all creaming your jeans after that win at Stoke .

Sullivan’s doing what he’s always doing . Cheapskate cunt .

Thing is he’ll get away with it cos there’s too much infighting amongst the fans to do anything about it .

They always used to say a club is nothing without its fans and the club IS the fans etc.

And as far as West Ham is concerned that bang on .
Bring back Jonathon !

jhammers

Post by jhammers »

Whiskyman wrote:
jhammers wrote:

Isn't that a contradiction in terms mate ? You want to spend big on a manager (something I agree with btw) but you want an up and coming manager, by which I assume you mean someone who has done a decent job lower down the scale, but untried at the top level. Apologies if I've got that wrong.

I don't think we'll get a proven, successful, manager with the dwarf in charge but unless you get the top appointment right the end result isn't going to be clever imo. My personal choice would be Manuel Pellegrini. Did a very good job at Man City under difficult circumstances, knowing Guardiola was on his way, but he's now in China so I imagine he is earning shedloads of money and way outside our price range.

So we'll end up either with Moyes staying or some plank like Garry Monk or, as someone has suggested, I hope tongue in cheek, the bloody Crowley Brothers.
Suppose it was a bit contradicting mate :lol: but i think you still have to pay the big bucks for an up and coming manager these days.
Re. Pellegrini, a good shout but he'd require big funds, both his wages and transfer budget, something we don't have/won't spend.
As much as i hate to say it we should be looking at the way Spurs run their club. They have a quality manager in Pochettino who is backed in the transfer window with players that who suit HIS system. Not like us who buy players and say to the manager 'this is who we have, deal with it'.
Mind you saying all that who would want to work for the clowns that own the club.