West Ham Utd vs Stoke City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham Utd vs Stoke City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

After our surprised draw at Chelsea which 90% we were very poor side and lucky not to concede big defeat thanks to Hart & Co. I was in Southampton on a long weekend break with my family and saw the result at the hotel.

We need to do better against Stoke which is the most annoyance team as we failed to beat them at home since 2011 the year we got relegated.

Cresswell is out so Evra probably replace him if Collins not fit. Lanzini will be fit and ready, Chico will be ready as well and probably replace Mario.

Squad

Hart or Adrian

Rice
Ogbonna
Evra

Zabaleta
Masuaku
Noble
Kouyate

Lanzini
Arnie
Chico (in the middle of the 3 man attack)

I do hope we will not slip up like we did so many times against Stoke, especially at home. We got 34 points on the board and needed 3 points at the minimum as we got hard games after Stoke with away to Arsenal, home against Man City, away to Leicester City, home against Man Utd and Everton.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Preview & links will appear here
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham Utd vs Stoke City Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Top,top intro Ibbs...and nothing surprising about our draw with Chelsea to my mind.

And I would be fibbing if I said I'm worried about the mighty Stoke City rocking up at the LS on Monday night. They might rock up but we are rolling these days - all the way to mid table decency.

David Moyes might be thinking of contract extensions but I'm led to believe something else is in the pipleline...all very hush,hush and on the QT...

JayK

Post by JayK »

After gaining 4 points from the last 2 games we could be forgiven for expecting a positive result. Especially with the fact Stoke are dogshit. We’re good at doing the unexpected though and kicking us in the bollox. Anything’s possible. Hoping Marcus Browne makes the bench.
COYI!!!

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

We are so inconsistent we can easily loose, theres no rhyme or reason which West Ham will show up - or not as the case may be. We have to go at them like Southampton with the handbrake removed.

The big plus in our favour is Arnie will be really up for this and he will be on a personal mission to demolish them.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

BCHammer wrote:We are so inconsistent we can easily loose, theres no rhyme or reason which West Ham will show up - or not as the case may be. We have to go at them like Southampton with the handbrake removed.

The big plus in our favour is Arnie will be really up for this and he will be on a personal mission to demolish them.
I suspect Arnie made his point against SOTON but still needs to hammer it home against the second lot of red stripes.

I hate Stoke, a real bogey team, just hope we got some good handkerchiefs. Its all hands tothe grinding stone and lets hope we take the opportunity to extend our lead over those below us.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote:After gaining 4 points from the last 2 games we could be forgiven for expecting a positive result. Especially with the fact Stoke are dogshit. We’re good at doing the unexpected though and kicking us in the bollox. Anything’s possible. Hoping Marcus Browne makes the bench.
Personally , I worry more about which opposition team turns up , not which one of ours . I think we have more of a chance getting beaten then us actually beating someone .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote:Top,top intro Ibbs...and nothing surprising about our draw with Chelsea to my mind.

And I would be fibbing if I said I'm worried about the mighty Stoke City rocking up at the LS on Monday night. They might rock up but we are rolling these days - all the way to mid table decency.

David Moyes might be thinking of contract extensions but I'm led to believe something else is in the pipleline...all very hush,hush and on the QT...
No mate, I think you're wrong. Barry Fry would have been smuggled into the ground if it had been on the QT. Fat bastard was far too visible in the directors box.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

BlackDiamond wrote:Top,top intro Ibbs...and nothing surprising about our draw with Chelsea to my mind.

Oh go on then give us a clue.... :lol: :lol:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Play like we did at their place and put them to bed.
Meanwhile, it's us of course so we'll probably collapse.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

Got my tickets as a claret member got a txt on 7th March for priority but missed the deadline as there were bundled of seats left and went on the site this Monday gone to book and was pleased as I'd stumbled on a flash sale 2 adults for £40 apparently Stoke sent tickets back result!. COYI