Free Signings, Record Signing & Antonio

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Antonio

Post by Newmarket »

1234 wrote:Serious question, does anyone feel that Antonios play for the penalty was disgusting and not worthy of a professional footballer?

If Valencia had done it, forward or not, he would be absolutely slaughtered.
Yes you right . Basic Sunday league mistake that a 12 year old wouldn't make .

But .

Rightly or wrongly Antonio has the sympathy of everybody but you , myself included , because of the way he was treated immediately following his fuck up last night .

And that I'm afraid is human nature .
Bring back Jonathon !

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Honeymoons dont last long in football and Slav got a year. New signings are average and everyone has moved upwards.
We have Payet and Lanzini when fit to put us in top class but other than that we are average. Even in our""great " season we got tanked by Swansea and a few. Best stadium in Europe but not even best team in London However the nucleus of a good side I would like to see Oxford et al used this season a lot more and cant understand the Burke situ given the likelihood of Europa games??

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

belfasthammer wrote:Honeymoons dont last long in football and Slav got a year. New signings are average and everyone has moved upwards.
We have Payet and Lanzini when fit to put us in top class but other than that we are average. Even in our""great " season we got tanked by Swansea and a few. Best stadium in Europe but not even best team in London However the nucleus of a good side I would like to see Oxford et al used this season a lot more and cant understand the Burke situ given the likelihood of Europa games??
What he said. :|

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Bilic will very quickly feel the wrath of angry west hams if he carries on this approach. It's getting to be like Sam with Nolan towards the end, everyone could see that Nolan had lost it yet Sam insisted on him, this time everyone can see MA isn't a RB yet Bilic is being so stubborn in deploying him there week in week out.

I can't see his way of thinking because the answer is clearly fucking simple Slav, you put Byram at RB where he's supposed to be, you remove the useless waste of space that is Valencia and you replace him with Antonio. You've now removed the weak link at the back that gets exposed every fucking week and you also lose the weak link in attack that can't run with a ball, can't cross a ball, can't hold off defenders and is always caught in possession and replaced him with someone who can attack players and put a half decent ball into the box.

Everyone can see the problem and everyone can see a solution, you've had a great season, don't fuck it all up by persisting with this bullshit. It stops now.

djwilko82

Post by djwilko82 »

But do you not think the reasons that you don't like him at RB also apply to him playing further upfield, he still gives it away all the time? I personally think we have a lot better players in his position so if he wants to get in the team his only opportunity is at RB so if he wants to be involved he needs to work a lot harder at nailing down that position?

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

djwilko82 wrote:But do you not think the reasons that you don't like him at RB also apply to him playing further upfield, he still gives it away all the time? I personally think we have a lot better players in his position so if he wants to get in the team his only opportunity is at RB so if he wants to be involved he needs to work a lot harder at nailing down that position?
Sorry mate, you are entitled to your opinion but no fucking way is that correct in mine.

Many players will lose the ball once in a while and we are not in the position yet of having world class players in every position.

You accept that most attacking players can 'attack' and will occasionally lose the ball trying to beat their man. That is Antonio's game. You accept it because he carries a serious goal threat, pulls some of the defenders away from Carroll and is a threat also in the air.

Put a mobile young full back behind Antonio that can get up and down and cover him and you are fine but still utilise the considerable skillset that Antonio possesses.

No way though should Antonio have to play RB to get in the team.....where do we have better players at the club than him in this position ?

Put Antonio and Byram in the team, dump Valencia and move Ayew to the other side and a bit closer to Carroll (since Chelsea made the game narrow last night to cut off AC's supply) and the team is a lot stronger.

I also thought that Bilic was a bit naive and when Chelsea sqeezed the game into the middle, he should have changed the formation anyway and had two up top and flooded the midfield.

LeeWHU88

Post by LeeWHU88 »

Not at all. When he got upfield last season he scored 8 goals and got 3 assists so he can play further forward. if he gives the ball away near the top of the pitch, it isn't going to cause us immediate concern, we'll still have the midfield and defence in position, unlike when he's at right back, he's losing it right on our 18 yard box.

There may be better options in his position but he has a right to compete for a place in his rightful position, why should he have to settle for RB? With Byram, you could argue that there's better options at right back, which begs the question of why are we going to make him play there when he clearly struggles and we have Byram who can play there.

Do you agree with Bilic that Valencia is a better option than Antonio? Because for me Enner offers absolutely nothing. He gives the ball away all the time yet it goes unpunished because he's loses it in non threatening positions of the park. The same would be for Antonio but at least he has a bit of strength to compete and also has an end product more than Valencia does.

JustLikeMyDreams

Re: Free Signings, Record Signing & Antonio

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

Sorry lads get a grip,it's the first game of the season away at chelski!we were fucking shit but it's one game.slag them off after the first 5/10 games surely?They have just started. Playing for there new set up!If I am being too optimistic then I opologise but I will
Not give up on them after 1 game!Get a fucking grip!

Hildreth_1101

Re: Free Signings, Record Signing & Antonio

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:Sorry lads get a grip,it's the first game of the season away at chelski!we were fucking shit but it's one game.slag them off after the first 5/10 games surely?They have just started. Playing for there new set up!If I am being too optimistic then I opologise but I will
Not give up on them after 1 game!Get a fucking grip!
I am never against being positive, but we were poor last night and understandably many fans are disappointed. If we repeat these performances 2 or 3 times in the next couple of months then I think the backlash is justified, but one game shows we need to massively improve. Many players, not just our signings, playing below par.

The same goes for our new LB, who had a decent debut but he has to show that consistency through the season.

irishhammer

Re: Re : Free Signings, Record Signing

Post by irishhammer »

kingmidas wrote:Finally a true account of Ayew he didn't want to be out there simple
why did he not want to play?