Oxford ffs

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Oxford ffs

Post by deanox »

Reece oxford posting pictures of himself in PSG kit ffs.
Even though it may be harmless as I don’t see PSG wanting him, what a fucking plonker.
Not sure he gives a fuck about the hammers it all reminds a bit of Ince.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Shortshanks

Re: Oxford ffs

Post by Shortshanks »

Not knowing all the "ins and outs" but we have hardly encouraged and nurtured him.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Shortshanks wrote:Not knowing all the "ins and outs" but we have hardly encouraged and nurtured him.
The club's attitude to our young players is mystifying. Oxford, Cullen and Burke could all have been handled much, much better.
And why the club is playing hardball with Rice over a new contract, when they seem happy to piss money away with the likes of Reid and Snodgrass, is something I don't understand at all.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

He played at least a couple of games for Borussia Mönchengladbach where he was on the pitch for a large part of the game which suggests he has at the very least a certain amount of talent which we should have worked on. Bearing in mind he's not 20 yet you have to wonder just what the club is expecting from a young player.

deanox

Post by deanox »

I would love it if Oxford fulfilled his potential with us, but after making his debut a couple of years ago he seems to have gone backwards, especially in attitude.
On the other hand rice seems to have stepped up. I believe he has been offered 15k a week with a 15k playing bonus which would take him to 30 grand a week when he plays..... not bad for a 19 year old.
I honestly believe he should sign the dotted line and progress under pelle. If he does I’m sure next season he will be offered a more lucrative contract.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

It's difficult to say he's gone backwards. If he has how was he picked to play in the Bundesliga with a decent team. What chance have we given him apart from Moyes giving him a game in a disjointed team in a cup game. Total waste of time in my opinion. Young players need time and to play with senior players so they can be assessed.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Shortshanks wrote:It's difficult to say he's gone backwards. If he has how was he picked to play in the Bundesliga with a decent team. What chance have we given him apart from Moyes giving him a game in a disjointed team in a cup game. Total waste of time in my opinion. Young players need time and to play with senior players so they can be assessed.
Believe me no one would be happier if he stepped with the new French kid in central defense with rice in front of them, but let’s put into perspective he only started a couple of games in Germany where Christenson of Chelsea played pretty much the whole season....

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

deanox wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:It's difficult to say he's gone backwards. If he has how was he picked to play in the Bundesliga with a decent team. What chance have we given him apart from Moyes giving him a game in a disjointed team in a cup game. Total waste of time in my opinion. Young players need time and to play with senior players so they can be assessed.
Believe me no one would be happier if he stepped with the new French kid in central defense with rice in front of them, but let’s put into perspective he only started a couple of games in Germany where Christenson of Chelsea played pretty much the whole season....
It took him a while to get a start, he then got his break and played 2 near complete games, then Moyes called him back so he lost his place and momentum, went back to Germany, broke back into the team after a couple of weeks, played another 3 games and got injured for 4 or 5 games. But apparently he did really well there, playing at right back and DM. I dont think Bilic and Moyes gave the lad a lot of confidence, hence his performances. Maybe Mr P could restore that for him. I for one would also like to see him wearing a Hammers shirt again.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I think Christenson was actually a year older which can be huge in a young player's career. He wouldn't necessarily have to be as good as him anyway to be still a very good player and I would imagine it would be more difficult for an English player to adapt over there. I think the club should give the player a proper chance and find out, but unfortunately it smacks of the scenario that Germany came up against in staying too loyal to the old brigade.

Broga81

Post by Broga81 »

FFS calm down lads. It really doesn't bother me at all.

Why are we getting wound up about it?

If it was Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea or any Prem team then yes id be annoyed. Its nothing don't worry about it.