England vs Colombia

Chat about anything football related here!
Noni

England vs Colombia

Post by Noni »

Despite some negativity here, I thought Southgate played the strategic manoeuvre here and think England will leave with a good chance. At least reach the next stage!!... :)

We will win this match, I'm sure!...

IronsForever

Re: England vs Colombia

Post by IronsForever »

I agree and watching Uruguay yesterday and France i like the deal more and more.
France can cut through you at any moment and Uruguay are a physically , strong outfit.
Now they meet in the quarters.
At the end of the day we have a huge game against Columbia, then play the winners of Switzerland and Sweden for a place in the Semi Finals of the world cup!!!
ENGLAND V BRAZIL in the final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can it happen??
I think we have an unbelievable draw. We only play a top team in the semi's.Columbia are no mugs lol but here is the betting and you can see what a great chance of reaching the semis we have.

Switzlerland........................40/1
Sweden..............................66/1
Columbia...........................25/1.

Thats our path to the Semi Finals.

The Top SEVEN in the betting with the exception of England and Spain are in the other group -)

For me, Croatia look best value at 12/1
Last edited by IronsForever on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer »

I think Southgate has been a bit presumptuous,if he did plan this route.Columbia are one of those sides that play without fear and will be roared on by most in the crowd,England will have to be at their best to beat them,if we lose the press will be after him,looking forward to this one.COYI

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I have to agree with BH, Colombia will be now walk in the park. We will no doubt have to score at least twice, because thus far we have shown no indication that we are capable of keeping a clean sheet. Still, in Kane we trust.......... (Did I really just say that)? :lol: kickimmuts
Flairon

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

Wins over Tunisia and Panama and now people are plotting a route to the final? :lol:

Noni

Post by Noni »

My farty pants agree with me, we will win and go on to the next stage. :shock:

:D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

FlatCapDave wrote:Wins over Tunisia and Panama and now people are plotting a route to the final? :i am genuinely amused:
But isn't that the English way ? The national team is either laden with world class players and will march on to glory, or it is filled with overpaid and overrated tossers who have no pride in playing for their country.

As usual the truth is somewhere in between.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

FlatCapDave wrote:Wins over Tunisia and Panama and now people are plotting a route to the final? :i am genuinely amused:
What other route could you plot Dave :?: :roll:

garnett

Post by garnett »

Southgate MUST have assumed our 2nd 11 would be better than Belguims, we have a long long way to go before we can compete with the favourites, 15 mins of exciting attacking football v Tunisia is not enough.

Columbia will play without fear, that makes them dangerous, they will be flamboyant and unpredictable, the total opposite to us, but on paper we have better fitter players and we should grind them down, eventually.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Got to honest, we bring too many foreign players into the PL... What are the chances we can deliver? ... :roll: