Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
FlatCapDave

Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Post by FlatCapDave »

Okay, we've discussed the previous four games to death, along with Pelle's "jolly" back in Chile, as well as Sakho's choice of parking spot for his motor, so let's look to the Everton game.

So, how would you line us up if you had the choice? I know that there's next to no way Pelle would go with this, but I wouldn't mind seeing this kind of formation and line up being given a chance...
Attachments
lineup.png
lineup.png (124.79 KiB) Viewed 3963 times

Re: Everton - How would you line us up?

Post by 12121 »

FlatCapDave wrote:Okay, we've discussed the previous four games to death, along with Pelle's "jolly" back in Chile, as well as Sakho's choice of parking spot for his motor, so let's look to the Everton game.

So, how would you line us up if you had the choice? I know that there's next to no way Pelle would go with this, but I wouldn't mind seeing this kind of formation and line up being given a chance...
To be fair, that line up addresses none of our issues and any person with a refined knowledge of football would not go near that line up.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

12121 wrote:
FlatCapDave wrote:Okay, we've discussed the previous four games to death, along with Pelle's "jolly" back in Chile, as well as Sakho's choice of parking spot for his motor, so let's look to the Everton game.

To be fair, that line up addresses none of our issues and any person with a refined knowledge of football would not go near that line up.
Tell us why then?

Post by 12121 »

[marq=][/marq]
Castiron wrote:
12121 wrote:
Tell us why then?
No fullback or wing backs.
Two plodders in midfield.
Finding a place for Anderson just because he is the record signing.
Playing an inexperienced centre half who cost us goals every game he plays.

The team selection should be solid and unambitious to try and grind a result.

Thanks.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

12121 wrote:[marq=][/marq]
Castiron wrote: Tell us why then?
No fullback or wing backs.
Two plodders in midfield.
Finding a place for Anderson just because he is the record signing.
Playing an inexperienced centre half who cost us goals every game he plays.

The team selection should be solid and unambitious to try and grind a result.

Thanks.
Is that it? :lol: I think we've already been unambitious :lol:

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

I expected a response like that, which is why I didn't bother replying to him.

To explain my choices a bit more, I'd opt to try three at the back, and I think putting Rice there with both Balbuena and Diop will do his progress no harm at all.

I like Masuaku as an attacking force, but don't think he brings enough defensively, so I'd fire him out to the wing in place of Antonio and let him show us what he can do if he has less defensive responsibilities.

Snoddy has done quite well up until now, and his omission isn't down to anything he's done badly, I just think it's time for Yarmo to step it up and get some games under his belt now. Snoddy is there in reserve if required.

The centre of the park is what it is, and no combination at present is going to look great considering how we've been playing, but if we can get Wilshere doing what he does best in a creative sense we can have both Noble and Sanchez covering any gaps he may leave.

Anderson is a funny one, because I'm fairly certain that Pellegrini bought him as a winger, and he has played there for two of the last three seasons with Lazio.

But, the other season of those three he played as a second striker/number ten, and he looked good when he played there for us, so why not?

That will pose issues when Lanzini comes back, but those are the kind of issues any manager doesn't mind having.

Arnie up top is a no-brainer, although I think we may have to dip into the market for a second striker in January, as we don't seem to have decent cover who can come in and do a job in his place if required.

Anyway, I've never claimed to have a "refined knowledge of football," but it's Thursday afternoon, I'm on a tea break and had fuck all else to do :D

Post by 12121 »

---------------------------------Fabianski-------------------------------------

------------ Diop ---------------Balbuena-----------------Ogbonna----------

Zabaletta------------------------------------------------------------Cresswell

----------------------------Sanchez---Noble----Obiang----------------------------

---------------------------------Snodgrass----------------------------------------

-------------------------------Arnautovic------------------------------------------

It's a unambitious, champion-esque team with players not up to the PL, but, this is the team to play at this moment in time with the players at our disposal.

It won't show the correct positions when posted but it t is obviously 3 centre halves and 2 wing backs.
Last edited by 12121 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

12121 wrote:---------------------------------Fabianski-------------------------------------

------------ Diop ---------------Balbuena-----------------Ogbonna----------

Zabaletta------------------------------------------------------------Cresswell

----------------------------Sanchez---Noble----Obiang----------------------------

---------------------------------Snodgrass----------------------------------------

-------------------------------Arnautovic------------------------------------------

It's a unambitious, champion-esque team with players not up to the PL, but, this is the team to play at this moment in time with the players at our disposal.
:lol: do fuck off.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Afternoon, only a fool would try to second guess the Old Bloke,
but will Sanchez survive his wrath, Balbuena`s tackle v Bournemouth ( term used very loosely) aside, those whom have not performed have mostly been scapegoated and banished, Rice, Fredericks, Zabaleta, Noble, Ogbonna, Antonio.

You cannot tell me this cutthroat attitude is good for confidence or moral, he clearly doesn't know his best starting 11 because no one has got to grips with the system he is trying to play, and neither do I.

I certainly am not confident going into our next 3 fixtures, perhaps I should go on a break for a few days to properly assess our situation

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave »

garnett wrote: perhaps I should go on a break for a few days to properly assess our situation
The fella only has to see his wife during holidays, his whole fucking life is one big break! :lol: