Moyes. In retrospect

Chat about anything football related here!
Mikeveep

Moyes. In retrospect

Post by Mikeveep »

Was he so bad?

A lot of people were happy with him.

By some,he was the dog given a bad name before he'd even gone through the gate.

I was "careful what I wished for".

Romford

Re: Moyes. In retrospect

Post by Romford »

Got the best out of Arnie...but cannot think of much else he bought to the party.

We were still very lazy without the ball IMHO

whu

Post by whu »

get out of that wardrobe mikey boy, too much observing and not enough input ... :lol: :lol:

hope all is well sir

nope. aim low get low and the trouble with moyes was the ball was never low, mainly in the air

we want a land based game, pass and move, like all proper clubs play

who knows if manuel can stop being faulty but i hope the optimism we all had, shows some green shoots of promise sometime soon - i can see us snaring a drawer at goodison, it's what we do, lose to rubbish then grind stuff out against the so called better teams

fingers crossed
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Wasn't for me long term. Did the job asked of him but so did Allardyce.

Had a purpose, served that purpose and it was the right call to say 'thanks, goodbye'.

Many were happy with him but I'd suggest majority weren't. I don't think we would have sold all STs if Moyes stayed.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

There will be some pish on the topic.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Did a job, but doubt he would have taken us where many dream of.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I wouldn’t pish on the Moyes brand if it was on fire.
Bring back Jonathon !

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

He kept us up.

He improved things defensively, not that we were good. Turned Oggy around.

Made us fitter.

Arnie.

But it was boring and unambitious and smacks of a club happy to finish 15th and make up the numbers.

Would we take losing 4-3 every week and finish bottom, but the football is really exciting be hugely entertained?

No. We are hoping for somewhere in between, but right now we are still boring, look unfit, defensively worse, Oggy shit again and we are facing relegation.

So lets see at xmas.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

He's clearly enjoying life :lol:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ ... 36b88f0b1d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hammerwell75

Post by hammerwell75 »

David Moyes recorded nine wins and 10 draws from 31 games .

As others have said, he kept us up but I wouldn't of thought he would take us to the next level , (and there was also plenty of criticism at his style of football ) . He come in and done what he was paid to do . I probably wouldn't of been too bothered if he was given another 12 months contract just to carry on stabilising the club , but I couldn't see the board giving him a big transfer kitty TBH .

I think we need to give a Manager a bit of chance to build & work with a team , as long as we survive and carry on building by adding a few signings where needed, then we will start to see progression within the club . Look at the top 6 , most of them only add 2-3 players and slot them in nicely . We have bought in a new manager, 9 new signings & tried to change our style of play all at once while expecting them all to hit the ground running .

I'm sure if we give Pellergrini time and support him and the team, then things will turn around and we will be thankful to Moyes, but we will see the next level and the type of football we all want to see . it may not feel like it at the moment but I feel good times are ahead of us whufc_crest