Do you class yourself as a cockney ?

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Re: Do you class yourself as a cockney?

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Moved from up north to Romford when I was two so no not a cockney but always been a hammer
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Stevo1272

Post by Stevo1272 »

I was born in Stepney, my old mum is now 84 and she says I'm a cockney cause the bells were ringing when I was born,I also started looking at my family tree and discovered both my mum and dads families originated and lived in Old Ford and neither of em knew, so there we are , I'm a cockney apparently

grandad

Post by grandad »

Born Plaistow so no

Like Garnet been called a cockney cunt many times over the years
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Born in Stepney, definitely class myself as a cockney.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Peddler

Post by Peddler »

Born in Plaistow and brought up in Canning Town so not quite a Cockney. My Nan was from Bow though.

Exiled to Northamptonshire nowadays. My daughter can't understand why we didn't zip back down to London when she was due so she could be a Londoner.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Peddler wrote:Born in Plaistow and brought up in Canning Town so not quite a Cockney. My Nan was from Bow though.

Exiled to Northamptonshire nowadays. My daughter can't understand why we didn't zip back down to London when she was due so she could be a Londoner.

Welcome to the forum Peddler . . . . . . . . you dirty Northerner you ;)

ariana

Post by ariana »

born in the Royal London hospital Whitechapel spent about what seems half my childhood in that place so yeah definitely a cockney dad was in the army so I'm also a squaddies daughter and pads rat (army brat)

Raven

Post by Raven »

Born Whitechapel hospital, lived in Hackney and went to Daneford Boys School in Bethnal Green. My past and then present alumni are ...

The Krays !!!!!!!!
John Stacey - boxer
Michael Watson - my friend - boxer
Michael McMillan - my friend - author

There are many more than the above ( good or bad) that passed through those gates at that awful school, but I am very proud of my roots. I tried my hand (fist) at Repton but realised my passion was Judo and I became a first Dan at 17.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

I'm as Cockney as they come.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I was born in the same hospital as Baroness Brady... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Both my paternal great grandads were cockneys and grandpa, but not my dad, he was born in Crouch End, but I was brought up with all the slang. My mums side come from Monday Mikes neck of the woods, so coupled with my Enfield education that makes me slightly more upper class...

Nowadays, after 12 years in Vancouver, I dont hear it, but all the Brits say I have a bit of a Canadian twang...