The over indulgence of Numbers

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: The over indulgence of Numbers

Post by BlackDiamond »

Gonzo wrote:
palerider wrote:Over-indulged ? Absolutely.

I've told the management. They've done nothing about it. The last straw was the appearance of his new alter-ego.

That's a bit unfair. I spoke with you and him directly about it.

Only 4 days ago I deleted a bunch of his nonsense and told him to not drag the match thread (Watford) down to his normal level.

What am I supposed to do? His chief critic started a poll on whether he should remain on the forum and 65% or so wanted him to stay.

Let's just say I did ban him (as I have done on at least 5 occasions), he would pop up under a new username and as happened before new posters who join and are remotely critical of the team get called numbers and cunted off?

As for Cabron or whatever his name is, he may well be numbers but it's not 100%. Am I just supposed to ban somebody who some suspect of being him even though the email address and ip are different? We'd then be into the realms of banning somebody for sounding like somebody.

As for it spoiling your enjoyment, sorry to hear that but I'm not sure either incarnation has posted on the last 20 or 30 threads have they?

Not bloody easy this whole forum malarkey and I can't please everyone but to say I've done nothing about it is a touch inaccurate.
It's not my turn to give a fuck and speaking out of turn - it would seem the best policy for everyone, is the one you have embarked on. No need to ban anyone. One warning is suffice and then use editorial privilege to delete or remove the post.

Newspapers rarely ban posters however comments are removed that fall foul of the newspapers acceptable limits.
These limits are tested on a daily basis and are perhaps shaped by the editorial preferences developed within their community.

Generally swearing is considered very risque. You might get away with using the odd fuck in a sentence but I've never seen a comment in the Guardian with the word cunt used,unless the article under discussion is about Chaucer or Shakespeare or within the subjects lexicon.

As for the trolls that litter any social media, the Guardian commenters who choose to take a view, normally isolate and eviscerate the miscreant at their leisure. That's Guardian readers for you.

As for anyone spoiling somebody's enjoyment, you would have to get to the stage of actually enjoying something, before any spoiling could be done. And I don't see anyone enjoying anything at the moment...

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

Gonzo wrote:

I've told the management. They've done nothing about it. The last straw was the appearance of his new alter-ego.

Only 4 days ago I deleted a bunch of his nonsense and told him to not drag the match thread (Watford) down to his normal level.

What am I supposed to do? His chief critic started a poll on whether he should remain on the forum and 65% or so wanted him to stay.

Let's just say I did ban him (as I have done on at least 5 occasions), he would pop up under a new username and as happened before new posters who join and are remotely critical of the team get called numbers and cunted off?

As for Cabron or whatever his name is, he may well be numbers but it's not 100%. Am I just supposed to ban somebody who some suspect of being him even though the email address and ip are different? We'd then be into the realms of banning somebody for sounding like somebody.

As for it spoiling your enjoyment, sorry to hear that but I'm not sure either incarnation has posted on the last 20 or 30 threads have they?

Not bloody easy this whole forum malarkey and I can't please everyone but to say I've done nothing about it is a touch inaccurate.
Don't worry Gonzo I've got my banning finger 'primed' and ready for action........ kickimmuts kickimmuts kickimmuts

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Gonzo wrote:

I think claiming that 65% wanted him to stay is stretching it. I can't stand him and his idiotic posts, but I believe in free speech; thats the only reason I voted for him not to be banned. I'm sure many were in the same camp as me. Of course if he breaks any of the few rules of this forum, he should be banned in double quick time!

whu

Post by whu »

dorsetdano wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

I think claiming that 65% wanted him to stay is stretching it. I can't stand him and his idiotic posts, but I believe in free speech; thats the only reason I voted for him not to be banned. I'm sure many were in the same camp as me. Of course if he breaks any of the few rules of this forum, he should be banned in double quick time!
ditto

however, I think he creeps ever closing to spoiling the forum for quite a few so I'd be split decision these days rather than 'leave the boring prick on here'

good to meet you Saturday mate
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

He is like a Chelsea player. You endure him to see what he can produce, but he just ends up fouling himself and expects a response from the opposition. Just ban the knob and reduce the negativity. We dont need it here.
Matamata

palerider

Post by palerider »

I've said my bit.

The commitment and time, not to mention personal cost that Gonzo, Geo et al contribute is nothing short of marvellous. But this situation is what it is.

The idea of 2 posters who are in fact the same person....you can tell by the modus operandi, the opinion of Mikhail Antonio for example is exactly the same, flitting between laptops to have a 2-way conversation with himself is so pathetic it's laughable.

But enough is enough for me. And I suspect a quickly growing number of others.

Of course you can criticise. Especially after Saturday. My estimation of the club, Bilic and the owners dropped several notches that evening. But you can tell who's a real supporter and who's a cunt on a wind-up.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Gonzo wrote:

Well said The Gonzo.

People, just put Numbers on block if you don't like him. I have two people on my ignore list. It's easy to do and you'll never see their posts.

He's not one of them, in case you're wondering :lol:

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

Taansend wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Well said The Gonzo.

People, just put Numbers on block if you don't like him. I have two people on my ignore list. It's easy to do and you'll never see their posts.

Testing testing.......Taans is a cunt.......testing testing 123.......

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Oziron wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Well said The Gonzo.

It's not you, mate.

I read your posts when I'm having trouble sleeping :D

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

Taansend wrote:
Oziron wrote:
It's not you, mate.

I read your posts when I'm having trouble sleeping :D
Ha ha....just checking.... shakeass