Prof. John Lennox

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
MitchFY66

Re: Prof. John Lennox

Post by MitchFY66 »

frogiron wrote:I also don't want to upset people.

Unless you are religious.

Then, to be frank, I think you need a bit of upset.

If you are not an Atheist, you are an idiot.

All religion is based on one concept – that it is impossible to prove a negative. You cannot prove God does NOT exist. That is basic logic.

The problem is that the religious mongs assume that if you can't prove He does not exist, then by definition He does.

All religions are arse. Grow up a bit, take some responsibility for your own actions, and accept that belief in an all powerful being is Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy for adults. It is Raki, Homeopathy, Hot Stone Therapy and sitting under crystal fucking pyramids. It is all bollocks.

I've never met a god botherer who wasn't using their religion to suppress or mask other issues they have.
Believe me, I have no issue "upsetting" people in debates, but I believe in putting forward the best put and professional arguments. I just didn't want to cause a big meltdown on a forum where everyone is mates and is about football.
He's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

MitchFY66 wrote:

All religion is based on one concept – that it is impossible to prove a negative. You cannot prove God does NOT exist. That is basic logic.

The problem is that the religious mongs assume that if you can't prove He does not exist, then by definition He does.

All religions are arse. Grow up a bit, take some responsibility for your own actions, and accept that belief in an all powerful being is Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy for adults. It is Raki, Homeopathy, Hot Stone Therapy and sitting under crystal fucking pyramids. It is all bollocks.

I've never met a god botherer who wasn't using their religion to suppress or mask other issues they have.
Believe me, I have no issue "upsetting" people in debates, but I believe in putting forward the best put and professional arguments. I just didn't want to cause a big meltdown on a forum where everyone is mates and is about football.
As a Christian this thread has me really upset.

I'm going to pray double hard to Jesus today to fix you lot.

And I've asked my cats to prey too.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Taansend wrote:
MitchFY66 wrote:

I feel blessed now.

But your cats can't pray. Only Humans have souls. Unless you're muslim, buddhist, Hindu, Confuscian, Atheist - or indeed if you believe a different version of the Christian religion to mine. Then you have no soul and you will burn in hell for eternity. Thanks to my loving God.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

MitchFY66 wrote:

Are you trying to upset me by implying my arguments are not "best put and professional"?

Fucking Atheist.

:x
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

frogiron wrote:
Taansend wrote:

I feel blessed now.

But your cats can't pray. Only Humans have souls. Unless you're muslim, buddhist, Hindu, Confuscian, Atheist - or indeed if you believe a different version of the Christian religion to mine. Then you have no soul and you will burn in hell for eternity. Thanks to my loving God.
My cats are going to prey, not pray.

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Taansend wrote:
frogiron wrote:
I feel blessed now.

Well then I stand corrected. I will try not to strey from the subject again.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

Taansend wrote:
frogiron wrote:
I feel blessed now.

Cats are to cool to be religious. They don't give a flying fuck about deities. If you show them a sacred spirit, they would choose one of only three options that exist in cat world - "Shall I eat it, fight it or fuck it"
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

frogiron wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Cats are to cool to be religious. They don't give a flying fuck about deities. If you show them a sacred spirit, they would choose one of only three options that exist in cat world - "Shall I eat it, fight it or fuck it"
Mine try all three

MitchFY66

Post by MitchFY66 »

Taansend wrote:
frogiron wrote:
Mine try all three
Here was me thinking we were going to have a serious discussion about the professor of mathematics at Oxford University, but instead we are talking about cats.
He's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

MitchFY66 wrote:
Taansend wrote:
Mine try all three
Here was me thinking we were going to have a serious discussion about the professor of mathematics at Oxford University, but instead we are talking about cats.
My thread about the Presidential debate (the winner gets to be in charge of enough weapons to destroy the planet 1,423 times over) turned into thread about wanking in shops etiquette.