IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:20 am
mkhammer wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Didn't Sportz have Movies before...there was Links to it on the site...but just said something like
Nil Available when you tried to access it, shame cos Sport wise was excellent...but as you know I Fucked it up somehow,
when renewing...messed the password up,couldn't get back in.
But like said more than happy with this Apollo thing.....not that I ever use it..but works great on phone as well.
Like it cos works the same as Netflix with Live TV and Sports.. every thing is just one click to watch..no waiting or searching.

I think theres a free trial...I just renewed to day..do it on a month to month thing,so can cut out if it goes tits up.
I'll see what happens...think they are angling to get people on a 6 monthly or yearly thing...taking the piss a bit
nearly doubling the charges tho.
Yeah it used to have movies & tv catch up etc , they just decided what with the growing popularity of apk’s such as Cinema HD etc that it wasn’t worth it and scrapped to concentrate on iptv and keep costs down .

They just haven’t changed the app accordingly.
Oh Right wondered why...
First little prob with this Apollo thing last night...say little was panicking a bit... :lol: ...Boxing last night (AJ) all the channels
were there but kept getting the dreaded Circle thing,ran out of time to try and sort it,tried with and without VPN..no joy..
So went to Kodi/Xanax and Rising tides..Bam Straight in...
Good Fight,when they eventually got at it.... :lol: Had AJ rounds 7/9 as well...

Found about every 3/4 weeks some stuff is slow even stops on this Apollo...found by clearing the Cache not Data...
(Have it on the Firestick)...it all works fine again....don't know if that might be a problem with other stuff thats
slow or stops working...worth a quick check tho...don't clear Data,if do make sure you know and remember your
password.......you lot prob know all this anyway...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:53 am
Newmarket wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:20 am

Yeah it used to have movies & tv catch up etc , they just decided what with the growing popularity of apk’s such as Cinema HD etc that it wasn’t worth it and scrapped to concentrate on iptv and keep costs down .

They just haven’t changed the app accordingly.
Oh Right wondered why...
First little prob with this Apollo thing last night...say little was panicking a bit... :lol: ...Boxing last night (AJ) all the channels
were there but kept getting the dreaded Circle thing,ran out of time to try and sort it,tried with and without VPN..no joy..
Good Fight,when they eventually got at it.... :lol: Had AJ rounds 7/9 as well...

Found about every 3/4 weeks some stuff is slow even stops on this Apollo...found by clearing the Cache not Data...
(Have it on the Firestick)...it all works fine again....don't know if that might be a problem with other stuff thats
slow or stops working...worth a quick check tho...don't clear Data,if do make sure you know and remember your
The problem with a firestick is not only its lack of internal storage (about 4.8 gb) but it’s a bit on the weak side in processing power ( not sure of the correct terminology).

A device that runs the proper Android tv system such as the Nvidia Shield or the Formuler z8/Dreamlink T3 (both of which are designed specifically for iptv) have powerful processors which cut out all of that shit whereas stock android devices ( there IS a difference) or a firestick isn’t powerful enough to handle the data fast enough , especially on big fight/match nights when the world and his wife wants a freebie.

I’ve been working on trying to expand the fire tv’s internal storage and I found something that may interest you .

It works with my firestick upstairs but downstairs I have fire tv built into my tv and I’m still figuring out how to do it with that as I’m getting storage issue notifications all the time.

Take a look at this as it may help.

https://troypoint.com/expand-fire-tv-st ... l-storage/
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Tide soccer on Xanax is a goodun.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:19 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:53 am

Oh Right wondered why...

The problem with a firestick is not only its lack of internal storage (about 4.8 gb) but it’s a bit on the weak side in processing power ( not sure of the correct terminology).

A device that runs the proper Android tv system such as the Nvidia Shield or the Formuler z8/Dreamlink T3 (both of which are designed specifically for iptv) have powerful processors which cut out all of that shit whereas stock android devices ( there IS a difference) or a firestick isn’t powerful enough to handle the data fast enough , especially on big fight/match nights when the world and his wife wants a freebie.

I’ve been working on trying to expand the fire tv’s internal storage and I found something that may interest you .

It works with my firestick upstairs but downstairs I have fire tv built into my tv and I’m still figuring out how to do it with that as I’m getting storage issue notifications all the time.

Fuck me Mr N started losing me there..... :lol:

But thanks mate...never crossed my mind that might be a prob,do have a lot on fire stick don't use or need,must be on
90% capacity...
Not having to much of a Problem at Moment..like said pretty happy with everything.
The Xanax thing is a great back up,sportswise.

Will bear in mind what you've said...and check the Storage thing out later..gotta find some losers to back at moment... :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:31 am
Newmarket wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:19 pm

But thanks mate...never crossed my mind that might be a prob,do have a lot on fire stick don't use or need,must be on
90% capacity...
Not having to much of a Problem at Moment..like said pretty happy with everything.

Will bear in mind what you've said...and check the Storage thing out later..gotta find some losers to back at moment... :lol:
Sorry if I’m boring you MK , it’s not my intentions I assure you .
Since my football and drinking days seem to be behind me this subject has become quite a serious hobby of mine over the last couple of years .
There are quite a lot of things you can do to maximise the performance of your firestick .
Firstly you can “ debloat “ your FS , in English this basically means disabling (as you are unable to delete) most of the pointless crap pre-installed by Amazon .

https://www.techdoctoruk.com/firestick-debloat-tool/

This will free up plenty of space for you which will aid performance.

Also (obviously) getting rid of (sending to the cloud) all the apps who don’t use .
Clearing cache on ALL your apps on a regular basis and clearing data from the apps you need but rarely use (remembering of course , as you mentioned earlier to make a note of usernames passwords etc)

This is really useful for those kind of things .

https://troypoint.com/firestick-tricks/

As is

https://troypoint.com/how-to-stop-buffe ... firestick/

Tips for Firestick Users

Keep up with maintenance on a FS as the ram memory is very limited. Go to settings, manage installed apps and clear the cache on ALL apps, and delete any apps you dont use. Then reboot.

Keep at least 2.5gb of storage space on it. Force stop all the apps you are not using>go to setting to preference and click on privacy setting and make sure those are turned off> then go to data notification and make sure that is off. Power cycle your device and router.

To keep a good amount of storage on your Firestick do the following:

From the home screen scroll to settings>display and sounds>screensaver>scroll down to start time and change it to never.

You can also try the HW setting.

You may also want to consider an hdmi extender. Sticks are so close to the tv that the tv can often interfere with the wifi performance. Another option is to look at an ethernet connector for the stick.

More tips:

https://troypoint.com/how-to-speed-up-firestick/

All good stuff to keep you occupied during our next impending lockdown 😉
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:59 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:31 am

90% capacity...

Sorry if I’m boring you MK , it’s not my intentions I assure you .
Since my football and drinking days seem to be behind me this subject has become quite a serious hobby of mine over the last couple of years .
There are quite a lot of things you can do to maximise the performance of your firestick .
Firstly you can “ debloat “ your FS , in English this basically means disabling (as you are unable to delete) most of the pointless crap pre-installed by Amazon .

https://www.techdoctoruk.com/firestick-debloat-tool/

This will free up plenty of space for you which will aid performance.

Also (obviously) getting rid of (sending to the cloud) all the apps who don’t use .
Clearing cache on ALL your apps on a regular basis and clearing data from the apps you need but rarely use (remembering of course , as you mentioned earlier to make a note of usernames passwords etc)

This is really useful for those kind of things .

https://troypoint.com/firestick-tricks/

As is

Tips for Firestick Users

Keep up with maintenance on a FS as the ram memory is very limited. Go to settings, manage installed apps and clear the cache on ALL apps, and delete any apps you dont use. Then reboot.

Keep at least 2.5gb of storage space on it. Force stop all the apps you are not using>go to setting to preference and click on privacy setting and make sure those are turned off> then go to data notification and make sure that is off. Power cycle your device and router.

To keep a good amount of storage on your Firestick do the following:

From the home screen scroll to settings>display and sounds>screensaver>scroll down to start time and change it to never.

You can also try the HW setting.

You may also want to consider an hdmi extender. Sticks are so close to the tv that the tv can often interfere with the wifi performance. Another option is to look at an ethernet connector for the stick.

More tips:

https://troypoint.com/how-to-speed-up-firestick/

All good stuff to keep you occupied during our next impending lockdown 😉
Nah mate never boring.... :D

Brilliant info there mate,really helpful...Cheers..

Yeah is good to have something to do and have an interest in during this crap of a time.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Those people who, like me, used to use Vola Sports because of the excellent stream quality, and number of choices, may be interested to know it seems to have resurfaced as "LiveSports". Haven't checked it out yet because as of 30 minutes ago there was bugger all listed but might be worth trying later if anyone doesn't have access to tonight's matches.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

I'm on LTQ. £50 for the year plus one off payment price for a VPN provider, can't remember how much, but peanuts really.
Upgraded from Sky BB to BT.
Even if this was taken down, I wouldn't go back to Sky.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:02 pm I'm on LTQ. £50 for the year plus one off payment price for a VPN provider, can't remember how much, but peanuts really.
Upgraded from Sky BB to BT.
Even if this was taken down, I wouldn't go back to Sky.
I believe that is The Gonzo’s iptv provider of choice and I’ve never heard him complain so 🤞🏻For you .

I subscribe to too services that I can recommend if it ever goes bandy mate .

And some fellas that used to post here use another which is good by all accounts .
Bring back Jonathon !

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

The IPTV I use, is exeptional (available via twitter),message me and I will give you details

Buy one of these for the firestick

Covid in the Boardroom