Netflix , Tv , Movies , Box sets , whatever...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: Netflix

Post by Neville Bartos »

Watching The Innocent Man at the moment on Netflix. Better than Making a Murderer. It's pretty terrifying and very sad what can happen to poor people in the American justice system.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Marco Boogers Boots

Post by Marco Boogers Boots »

Mikeveep wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:08 pm Finished 4 seasons of Better Call Saul. Gripping throughout. 8/10.

Also 2 seasons of Ozark, in the Breaking Bad genre. Badly drawn, cliched characters didnt care about them in the end 3/10

Going to start Godless.anyone seen it?
You've probably watched it bu now Mike, but Godless is very good imo. Jeff Daniels is brilliant playing a bastard! Those keen on MMA might recognise former UFC LHW title challenger Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine in a few episodes.

Marco Boogers Boots

Post by Marco Boogers Boots »

Pennywise wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:23 pm The Vietnam War by Ken Burns. The best non-fiction TV I've ever seen, staggering.
I said much the same in another thread on here somewhere. Some truly frightening stats and insights.

Try to keep up, you fucking helmet.

h69

Post by h69 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:25 am Watching The Innocent Man at the moment on Netflix. Better than Making a Murderer. It's pretty terrifying and very sad what can happen to poor people in the American justice system.
I read that book. It was horrific to be honest.

I heard that Matthew McConaughey is in a new movie that is about an informant who ended up in jail for 24 years when he was abandoned by the system.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

Heard good things about the sunderland till I die series, watched the first one last night but not much happened

The Juventus one was shit anyway, very polished at nearly pointless.

Not seen the city one as don't have amazon prime

mitford

Post by mitford »

redhammer wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:50 pm Heard good things about the sunderland till I die series, watched the first one last night but not much happened

The Juventus one was shit anyway, very polished at nearly pointless.

Not seen the city one as don't have amazon prime
I’ve just watched this it was good but think the premier passions series on Sunderland was better, which can be watched on YouTube

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Neville Bartos wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:25 am Watching The Innocent Man at the moment on Netflix. Better than Making a Murderer. It's pretty terrifying and very sad what can happen to poor people in the American justice system.

I saw that when I was looking for something last night, I'll give it a go now.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

It's on Prime...but really enjoyed American Gods...crossover Fantasy thriller thing...
Read the book first (Neil Gaiman)great at that sorta stuff....Neverwheres a great read,bout
a Secret London Underworld....Don't usually do Fantasy,but he does it brilliantly..

American Gods... like a road trip across the States,Murders,twists and turns,bit like a,
Fantasy...No Country for old men...Brilliant film if you aint seen it..
Think season 2 out next year..

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise »

Marco Boogers Boots wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:04 am
Pennywise wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:23 pm The Vietnam War by Ken Burns. The best non-fiction TV I've ever seen, staggering.
I said much the same in another thread on here somewhere. Some truly frightening stats and insights.

Try to keep up, you fucking helmet.
:o :o I'm telling mum.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Just seen Michael Moores' new Trump documentary - Fahrenheit 11/9. Gotta admit it's pretty unnerving even if it does meander and digress quite a bit sometimes. I've always thought Moore a bit too self opinionated but this film does raise some pretty ugly truths...and untruths. Worth a watch even if political docs aren't your usual thing.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?