bojo

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: bojo

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:13 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 am

Good post BD agree totally with all that....the need for actual physical labour in a lot of areas
is being eroded...that hits the "Working Class" ,only options for school leavers in some areas is to go
and work in a coffee shop....but amazes me how we do manage to create the jobs we do,we have
the highest ever amount of people in work at the moment,so poss as much as the Labouring
physical side is less,jobs are being created in other areas.

But going back to the Bloody Brexit thing.. :lol:
People concerns are for their communities as much as jobs...as important as they are...it's not a
racial thing as such either,but when people see gangs...groups is a better word I spose,of Non
English speaking East European guys hanging around their city centres at 3'0 Clock on a Wednesday
afternoon,in and out the bookies and pubs,just loitering around,up to who knows what...
Maybe completely innocent,but it's disconcerting for locals,they don't try to mix,keep to
themselves...all the local single mother hears about them on the news is they run all the
drugs and prostitution rackets in the area.
So Naturally she avoids them,and wants them gone.

Like I said this is one of the Main reasons...Prob the main one why Brexit was voted for by the
public.....they feel that by having control of our own Borders/Immigration,that maybe this
problem for them wont exacerbate....But our politicians on a certain side of the house have
told them Basically to.. Fuck Off.....they don't/wont listen to their electorate,up to 65%
Leave votes in some Labour seats....with the nearly same percentage of actual seats wanting
to leave.....seriously how the Hell can you just ignore that,and chase down what is basically
a way to remain as we are.
Yes a good point about jobs disappearing.

But I can't reconcile myself with the fact that if we can't find work for lower-skilled people born here, why should we take in lower-skilled people that weren't ? Why should someone with no job in Africa or Asia be welcome to have no job in the UK ?

I don't consider myself a racist but I am a spongerist.
That’s me fucked then
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:34 am
palerider wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:13 am

Yes a good point about jobs disappearing.

But I can't reconcile myself with the fact that if we can't find work for lower-skilled people born here, why should we take in lower-skilled people that weren't ? Why should someone with no job in Africa or Asia be welcome to have no job in the UK ?

I don't consider myself a racist but I am a spongerist.
That’s me fucked then
Learn Urdu mate.

You'll be fine.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Talking of low skilled but hard work. When I worked at the recycling yard many moons ago we could never fill the sorting and shovelling vacancies with any consistency until the Poles starting showing up. The turnover for one of those jobs was as many as 4 or 5 people a year at one point. Once the Poles came over they'd stay for 2 even 3 years sometimes and take all the overtime you could throw at them. And fuck me but they worked.
I think right through our society we're a bit soft. Most British low skilled workers gravitate towards the service industries these days. Long hours, factory work, manual labour all seems to be left to immigrant workers.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:31 pm Talking of low skilled but hard work. When I worked at the recycling yard many moons ago we could never fill the sorting and shovelling vacancies with any consistency until the Poles starting showing up. The turnover for one of those jobs was as many as 4 or 5 people a year at one point. Once the Poles came over they'd stay for 2 even 3 years sometimes and take all the overtime you could throw at them. And fuck me but they worked.
I think right through our society we're a bit soft. Most British low skilled workers gravitate towards the service industries these days. Long hours, factory work, manual labour all seems to be left to immigrant workers.
Never had issue with the Poles Nev. They work hard. Fucking brave in WW2 as well and that counts a lot imo.

The term 'economic migrants' though is a problem for me. As stated, those who really need protection, okay. But those 'looking for a better life' ? Aren't we all ?

The continent can't take every Tom Dick or Harry. 13 Tunisians are currently 'suicidal' on a rescue boat that hasn't been given permission to dock anywhere. Yet Tunisia isn't at war and is, along with Morocco, the most stable in North Africa. So why the fuck let them in ? Eventually someone will and the game continues. I'd imagine some of those 13 will eventually find their way here somehow as the benefits are better.

The low-skilled jobs available here are taken almost exclusively by those from Eastern Europe who are here legally, except the thousands in the NHS, and we need them too. And that's fine.

The rest ?

Sorry mate. We're full.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:31 pm Talking of low skilled but hard work. When I worked at the recycling yard many moons ago we could never fill the sorting and shovelling vacancies with any consistency until the Poles starting showing up. The turnover for one of those jobs was as many as 4 or 5 people a year at one point. Once the Poles came over they'd stay for 2 even 3 years sometimes and take all the overtime you could throw at them. And fuck me but they worked.
Never had issue with the Poles Nev. They work hard. Fucking brave in WW2 as well and that counts a lot imo.

The term 'economic migrants' though is a problem for me. As stated, those who really need protection, okay. But those 'looking for a better life' ? Aren't we all ?

The continent can't take every Tom Dick or Harry. 13 Tunisians are currently 'suicidal' on a rescue boat that hasn't been given permission to dock anywhere. Yet Tunisia isn't at war and is, along with Morocco, the most stable in North Africa. So why the fuck let them in ? Eventually someone will and the game continues. I'd imagine some of those 13 will eventually find their way here somehow as the benefits are better.

The low-skilled jobs available here are taken almost exclusively by those from Eastern Europe who are here legally, except the thousands in the NHS, and we need them too. And that's fine.

The rest ?

Sorry mate. We're full.
Respect Hard work and graft,working your way up...no matter where your from,indeed this
country owes huge amounts to hard working immigrants from all over the world,we wouldn't
have such reasonably comfortable lives without immigration...but what tends to happen is..
Once they are established and have worked their way up to a position of employers,
they tend to employ their own...
Live in MK as you know,but spend a fair bit of time in Brighton...know it well...
Loads of Building work in both places...especially Brighton at moment,noticed over time
the change,from poles being employed cos they're hard working reliable builders, to now
where they've actually become the Employers.....you now seem to hear and see a majority of polish
guys on Brightons building sites..
Similar in London as well....
Consequently seems there's less and less UK born builders knocking around,less going into the trade..

It's just a case of mates helping mates out from the poles point of view...but stuff like that
causes resentment and problems..

Think it's one of those things there's no real answer to.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Let's have some likely predictions on Bojo's tenure should he somehow last longer than 5 mins shall we?

Recession - Yep, definitely.
War - Probably.
Rioting and social unrest - Nailed on.
Collapse of the NHS - Far more likely than ANYONE would care to admit.
Break up of the Union - Very possible.
Climate catastrophe - More than likely.

Meh, I'm almost past caring to be honest - just like the current crop of politicians (all parties) we have now.

Fuck it, let's have a nice big war, thin out the population a bit (a lot) and get the industrial war complex running at full steam so we can continue to make the 1% even wealthier. :D
Thought I'd revisit this thread, especially after the cunting off I got at the time by the rabid Maga , I mean Daily Mail crowd.

Recession - Check
War - Check
Rioting and social unrest - Ok, I can't put a check there, but let's put a pin in it for a while...
Collapse of the NHS - God bless it, it's hanging on in there despite the best efforts of some.
Break up of the Union - Time for another pin.
Climate catastrophe - Does Covid count? All the proper science points to it being caused by natural evolution rather than a bunch of Chinese scientists, so I'm counting it as a natural disaster which is close enough and the Government handling of it was just as disastrous as the virus... so Check.

So, those of you who called bullshit on my OP can bleat all you want - the facts are the facts. Now, take your jizz covered copy of the Daily Mail, roll it up in to a nice even tube, cover it with honey, dip it in a bucket of freshly ground glass and then ram it vigorously up your fucking arsehole.

;)
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:59 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:14 pm

Let's have some likely predictions on Bojo's tenure should he somehow last longer than 5 mins shall we?

Recession - Yep, definitely.
War - Probably.
Rioting and social unrest - Nailed on.
Collapse of the NHS - Far more likely than ANYONE would care to admit.
Break up of the Union - Very possible.
Climate catastrophe - More than likely.

Meh, I'm almost past caring to be honest - just like the current crop of politicians (all parties) we have now.

Fuck it, let's have a nice big war, thin out the population a bit (a lot) and get the industrial war complex running at full steam so we can continue to make the 1% even wealthier. :D
Thought I'd revisit this thread, especially after the cunting off I got at the time by the rabid Maga , I mean Daily Mail crowd.

Recession - Check
War - Check
Rioting and social unrest - Ok, I can't put a check there, but let's put a pin in it for a while...
Collapse of the NHS - God bless it, it's hanging on in there despite the best efforts of some.
Break up of the Union - Time for another pin.
Climate catastrophe - Does Covid count? All the proper science points to it being caused by natural evolution rather than a bunch of Chinese scientists, so I'm counting it as a natural disaster which is close enough and the Government handling of it was just as disastrous as the virus... so Check.

So, those of you who called bullshit on my OP can bleat all you want - the facts are the facts. Now, take your jizz covered copy of the Daily Mail, roll it up in to a nice even tube, cover it with honey, dip it in a bucket of freshly ground glass and then ram it vigorously up your fucking arsehole.

;)
The weather's nice though Bill.