bojo

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: bojo

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:10 pm "I'd rather be dead in a ditch than agree an extension" was the quote.

That is a funny thing for a serving PM to say and we might wonder how that idea formed itself.

Naturally it was meant as an exaggeration...nothing is worse than ones own death. But to link it with a ditch, is to do
some funny abstract connection which is not obvious;when the person making the remark, is unlikely to been anywhere near one or indeed stood in one.

So how would a serving PM end up dead in a ditch ? So presumably in his mind - because he must have contemplated it out of the other morbid available choices - he some how finds him self outdoors,sauntering out of control,meeting an accident and then mortally hurt, collapsing and expiring in a ditch...

unless of course it was a mispronunciation and he meant "B" rather than "D" and that alters the whole concept...
Bead in a Ditch ?????
Bring back Jonathon !

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:24 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:10 pm "I'd rather be dead in a ditch than agree an extension" was the quote.

That is a funny thing for a serving PM to say and we might wonder how that idea formed itself.

Naturally it was meant as an exaggeration...nothing is worse than ones own death. But to link it with a ditch, is to do
some funny abstract connection which is not obvious;when the person making the remark, is unlikely to been anywhere near one or indeed stood in one.

So how would a serving PM end up dead in a ditch ? So presumably in his mind - because he must have contemplated it out of the other morbid available choices - he some how finds him self outdoors,sauntering out of control,meeting an accident and then mortally hurt, collapsing and expiring in a ditch...

unless of course it was a mispronunciation and he meant "B" rather than "D" and that alters the whole concept...
Bead in a Ditch ?????
Probably some weird Bullingdon club ritual, like oral sex with a dead pig.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Watching question time now, there is a lot of anger from the audience towards the politicians and rightly so.

Btw Iain Dale is the only one showing any credibility, and off course he is a Hammer. whufc_crest
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Neville Bartos wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:15 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:24 pm

Bead in a Ditch ?????
Probably some weird Bullingdon club ritual, like oral sex with a dead pig.
Done that.

Never been near the Bullingdon Club.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 pm Watching question time now, there is a lot of anger from the audience towards the politicians and rightly so.

Btw Iain Dale is the only one showing any credibility, and off course he is a Hammer. whufc_crest
yes I felt sorry for him. The only sane person there despite that Jock trying to bully him

h69

Post by h69 »

whu wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:32 pm I'm quite opinionated but it's a total fucking mess and I cannot be arsed really.

Always was going to be a mess. With the countries people wanting to leave and the MP's that are meant to represent the people, wanting to remain. Cunts.

Election door-steeping sometime soon? An MP will be seriously hurt this time round. As clear as bollocks on a bulldog.

Someone on here said about career politicians, great shout. They are. Shame on them. Hollywood, treacherous cunts.

BREXIT NOW btw
Spot on. Thornberry actually said if she were in power she would go to Brussels, negotiate a good deal (whatever that means) and then come back and vote against it to remain in parliament.

You could not make it up.

palerider

Post by palerider »

It's all a complete dog's breakfast and fuck knows what will happen.

I wanted to leave with a deal but IF it came to a straight choice between No Deal or Corbyn I'd vote No Deal. There are no certainties No Deal would do long-term damage but for me it's certain that Corbyn would. So when the election comes, whether Boris is in charge or not, a liberal vote is a vote for Corbyn. The Lib Dems won't seriously win an election.

You can talk all you want about trade deals and backstops. But in June 2016, the shit hit Cameron's fan firstly up north where the votes were counted first. The smug cunts on the BBC said Newcastle was an 'anomaly'. But then Sunderland's came in and jaws dropped.

Make no mistake. People in their millions voted leave because of uncontrolled immigration. The vast majority up north. Eastern European sure but primarily from outside the EU. Which isn't the fault of Brussels anyway, although Merkel opened it's doors without asking first. It's the fault of a weak and underfunded immigration system hamstrung firstly by Blair and continued by Cameron with May as home secretary.

Even now the hundreds crossing the channel are claimed to be a drop in the ocean in real terms. But like a bath that's full, every drop makes it worse. And only about 10% are deported. The Human Rights industry paid for by our taxes that keeps thousands of the buggers who have no right to be here stuck on our green and sceptered isle is a fucking outrage and someone needs to get tough about it.

Get a grip on that and you get a grip on the country. Corbyn will dodge that question in any manifesto. If he declared he'd let hundreds of thousands in, which he would, he'd lose in a landslide. Even if the election is after October 31st the government have to reach an agreement with Farage to make this a prime manifesto pledge. And show Labour up for what they are.

Of course we need immigrants from both outside and inside the EU. To work and pay taxes.

But scroungers just here because we pay better benefits than Italy or France ?

Fuck right off.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

"Make no mistake. People in their millions voted leave because of uncontrolled immigration"

I haven't seen any evidence that uncontrolled immigration has impacted anywhere I work or anyone I know.I think it's an advertising myth.

We have seen a reduction in staff because of AI but that was forecast 20 years ago. Yes,that is increasing across the sectors,but again that was forecast and it's not specific.

You could argue that more customers equal more retail sales,not that I work in retail.So the balance would be harmless.

I'm not a racist because I don't think the idea has any structural benefit or helps with boundaries of ethics. I understand the choice,I just don't think it is a useful one.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:56 am
whu wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:32 pm I'm quite opinionated but it's a total fucking mess and I cannot be arsed really.

Always was going to be a mess. With the countries people wanting to leave and the MP's that are meant to represent the people, wanting to remain. Cunts.

Election door-steeping sometime soon? An MP will be seriously hurt this time round. As clear as bollocks on a bulldog.

Someone on here said about career politicians, great shout. They are. Shame on them. Hollywood, treacherous cunts.

BREXIT NOW btw
Spot on. Thornberry actually said if she were in power she would go to Brussels, negotiate a good deal (whatever that means) and then come back and vote against it to remain in parliament.

You could not make it up.
I think that's called having your cake and eating it.
I don't necessarily disagree with putting the final deal to the vote, but surely it would be tempting to make a bad deal so remain looks the more attractive option.
I've said all along just give the public a choice of Norway+ or no deal. That honours the referendum and gives everyone a choice between soft and hard Brexit.
I just don't think a General election settles the issue. I know Labour voters who want no deal, but wouldn't vote Tory in a million years, so a GE wouldn't give them a genuine say. Fucking politicians...
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:50 pm "Make no mistake. People in their millions voted leave because of uncontrolled immigration"

I haven't seen any evidence that uncontrolled immigration has impacted anywhere I work or anyone I know.I think it's an advertising myth.

We have seen a reduction in staff because of AI but that was forecast 20 years ago. Yes,that is increasing across the sectors,but again that was forecast and it's not specific.

You could argue that more customers equal more retail sales,not that I work in retail.So the balance would be harmless.

I'm not a racist because I don't think the idea has any structural benefit or helps with boundaries of ethics. I understand the choice,I just don't think it is a useful one.
I voted leave and my reasons have nothing whatsoever to do with immigration.

The trouble is, I get called a racist or a Nazi by Remainers because it is just lazy to pigeon hole us all and which given my multi-European background, is complete bollocks.

I know many people that voted Remain, I dont agree with their reasons but most can have a decent debate about it so I don't assume they are all the same either.