bojo

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
h69

Re: bojo

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:24 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:10 pm "I'd rather be dead in a ditch than agree an extension" was the quote.

That is a funny thing for a serving PM to say and we might wonder how that idea formed itself.

Naturally it was meant as an exaggeration...nothing is worse than ones own death. But to link it with a ditch, is to do
some funny abstract connection which is not obvious;when the person making the remark, is unlikely to been anywhere near one or indeed stood in one.

So how would a serving PM end up dead in a ditch ? So presumably in his mind - because he must have contemplated it out of the other morbid available choices - he some how finds him self outdoors,sauntering out of control,meeting an accident and then mortally hurt, collapsing and expiring in a ditch...

unless of course it was a mispronunciation and he meant "B" rather than "D" and that alters the whole concept...
Bead in a Ditch ?????
Dead in a Bitch ?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

I think we all know....Labour/Libs/SNP.....quite simply want to remain...and scupper Brexit,all
this, oh it's not the "right deal"and we can't have a "No deal" Crap is just that CRAP...
The Whole thing from day one for them has been STOP Brexit and Remain as we are,fuck the
public and their stupid little vote.....and lets take the opportunity to fuck the Nasty Tories
while we're at it...

Mays deal was a good as it was ever gonna get,for the Remainers...it was a compromise...
I didn't like it.....but it was workable...and if not for the backstop,would have got thru,even tho
plenty of leavers in the Tory Ranks were against it, they realised,we have to try and work with it...
But they were No No No....indeed the Mantra from them now is we want to stop Brexit,nothing
about seeking a deal.
Parliament must never ever over rule the voting public....I'll say it again,that's knocking on
the door of dictatorship..

Again I 'll say it whether your a Tory Supporter or not, they ARE the only party that have tried to
get this thing thru....going against their own personal wishes to support the Mandate to leave the E.U.
It's so clear I honestly don't know how our press/media/public aren't seeing it....thing is most do...
Even now we have 20 Tory MPs who can't vote against the way they feel...as much as it pisses me
off....I admire their integrity ...something Labour the Libs and SNP...have know idea of the meaning
of the word..

The Fuckers sit in Parliament and go totally against the way their parliamentary seats voted,and
bang on about it being democratic...FFS sickens me.............

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:50 pm "Make no mistake. People in their millions voted leave because of uncontrolled immigration"

I haven't seen any evidence that uncontrolled immigration has impacted anywhere I work or anyone I know.I think it's an advertising myth.

We have seen a reduction in staff because of AI but that was forecast 20 years ago. Yes,that is increasing across the sectors,but again that was forecast and it's not specific.

You could argue that more customers equal more retail sales,not that I work in retail.So the balance would be harmless.

I'm not a racist because I don't think the idea has any structural benefit or helps with boundaries of ethics. I understand the choice,I just don't think it is a useful one.
You have to ask yourself BD why it was the less affluent working class areas that pushed
Brexit thru....wasn't the Middle Class suburbs or the Wealthy Bods in Surrey...
Was the Industrial Midlands/North East/North West....the Labour Strongholds that won Brexit..
They are Worried and Concerned about ...Firstly the effect to much uncontrolled immigration
will have on their communities...if you don't live in one or haven't seen and heard peoples
worries...a lot of us wont get it.....

Brexit is fundamentally a working class want....not the wealthy,they couldn't care one way or other
..believe me.....but the party that is "supposedly meant to represent them...has fucked them over...

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

If what you're suggesting is true MK then it should be Tory voters voting 60/40 in favour of remain and Labour 60/40 in favour of leave.
Fact is its the other way around. I live in a pretty well healed area and the ratio of Leave to Remain signs and posters in the fronts of big, leafy, expensive front gardens was about 50 to 1.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

I don't subscribe to a second referendum, because one it disrespects the result of the first one and two it could easily end in a 50/50 and satisfy nothing.

Leaving without a deal seems the worst possible outcome. So we are left with Mrs May's deal,Norway + or some other compromise.

They would probably like to scrap the whole fucking thing but they can't,so the best they can achieve is something which leaves us slightly worse off but not completely so.

And it's the slightly worse off bit - and by how much - that they can't agree to. That might seem a ridiculous state of affairs after three years of big thoughts,but that's where we are and how far we have travelled.

It's not however been wholly unproductive:plenty of people have made plenty of money during the whole standoff.Rest assured on that.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:45 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:50 pm "Make no mistake. People in their millions voted leave because of uncontrolled immigration"

I haven't seen any evidence that uncontrolled immigration has impacted anywhere I work or anyone I know.I think it's an advertising myth.

We have seen a reduction in staff because of AI but that was forecast 20 years ago. Yes,that is increasing across the sectors,but again that was forecast and it's not specific.

You could argue that more customers equal more retail sales,not that I work in retail.So the balance would be harmless.

I'm not a racist because I don't think the idea has any structural benefit or helps with boundaries of ethics. I understand the choice,I just don't think it is a useful one.
You have to ask yourself BD why it was the less affluent working class areas that pushed
Was the Industrial Midlands/North East/North West....the Labour Strongholds that won Brexit..
They are Worried and Concerned about ...Firstly the effect to much uncontrolled immigration
will have on their communities...if you don't live in one or haven't seen and heard peoples

Brexit is fundamentally a working class want....not the wealthy,they couldn't care one way or other
..believe me.....but the party that is "supposedly meant to represent them...has fucked them over...
I get those demographics and understand those uncertainties but it's automation that is their real issue.

It's not immigrants that are taking the jobs away it's the fact that technology is pushing our economy in a way that makes it harder to get by on the, I trade my time for money model.

And that penetration is shredding all the low level jobs in administration/clerical work,retail and sales,food service and food prep,truck driving and transportation and manufacturing. And probably by 2022 it will be decimating the mid level jobs in those sectors.

It's not end of days stuff but a recalibration needs to be understood. That might result in a national universal basic credit,for credit is what it would be. And that would lead to a citizen check and determine who has the right to live amongst us and who doesn't. A back door ID card,if you will...which will tidy up all those Brexit issues...

They will get there in the end you know

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:07 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:45 pm

I get those demographics and understand those uncertainties but it's automation that is their real issue.

It's not immigrants that are taking the jobs away it's the fact that technology is pushing our economy in a way that makes it harder to get by on the, I trade my time for money model.

And that penetration is shredding all the low level jobs in administration/clerical work,retail and sales,food service and food prep,truck driving and transportation and manufacturing. And probably by 2022 it will be decimating the mid level jobs in those sectors.

It's not end of days stuff but a recalibration needs to be understood. That might result in a national universal basic credit,for credit is what it would be. And that would lead to a citizen check and determine who has the right to live amongst us and who doesn't. A back door ID card,if you will...which will tidy up all those Brexit issues...

Good post BD agree totally with all that....the need for actual physical labour in a lot of areas
is being eroded...that hits the "Working Class" ,only options for school leavers in some areas is to go
and work in a coffee shop....but amazes me how we do manage to create the jobs we do,we have
the highest ever amount of people in work at the moment,so poss as much as the Labouring
physical side is less,jobs are being created in other areas.

But going back to the Bloody Brexit thing.. :lol:
People concerns are for their communities as much as jobs...as important as they are...it's not a
racial thing as such either,but when people see gangs...groups is a better word I spose,of Non
English speaking East European guys hanging around their city centres at 3'0 Clock on a Wednesday
afternoon,in and out the bookies and pubs,just loitering around,up to who knows what...
Maybe completely innocent,but it's disconcerting for locals,they don't try to mix,keep to
themselves...all the local single mother hears about them on the news is they run all the
drugs and prostitution rackets in the area.
So Naturally she avoids them,and wants them gone.

Like I said this is one of the Main reasons...Prob the main one why Brexit was voted for by the
public.....they feel that by having control of our own Borders/Immigration,that maybe this
problem for them wont exacerbate....But our politicians on a certain side of the house have
told them Basically to.. Fuck Off.....they don't/wont listen to their electorate,up to 65%
Leave votes in some Labour seats....with the nearly same percentage of actual seats wanting
to leave.....seriously how the Hell can you just ignore that,and chase down what is basically
a way to remain as we are.

palerider

Post by palerider »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:07 pm

Good post BD agree totally with all that....the need for actual physical labour in a lot of areas
is being eroded...that hits the "Working Class" ,only options for school leavers in some areas is to go
and work in a coffee shop....but amazes me how we do manage to create the jobs we do,we have
the highest ever amount of people in work at the moment,so poss as much as the Labouring

People concerns are for their communities as much as jobs...as important as they are...it's not a
racial thing as such either,but when people see gangs...groups is a better word I spose,of Non
English speaking East European guys hanging around their city centres at 3'0 Clock on a Wednesday
afternoon,in and out the bookies and pubs,just loitering around,up to who knows what...
Maybe completely innocent,but it's disconcerting for locals,they don't try to mix,keep to
themselves...all the local single mother hears about them on the news is they run all the

Like I said this is one of the Main reasons...Prob the main one why Brexit was voted for by the
public.....they feel that by having control of our own Borders/Immigration,that maybe this
problem for them wont exacerbate....But our politicians on a certain side of the house have
told them Basically to.. Fuck Off.....they don't/wont listen to their electorate,up to 65%
Leave votes in some Labour seats....with the nearly same percentage of actual seats wanting
to leave.....seriously how the Hell can you just ignore that,and chase down what is basically
Yes a good point about jobs disappearing.

But I can't reconcile myself with the fact that if we can't find work for lower-skilled people born here, why should we take in lower-skilled people that weren't ? Why should someone with no job in Africa or Asia be welcome to have no job in the UK ?

I don't consider myself a racist but I am a spongerist.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:13 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:58 am

But I can't reconcile myself with the fact that if we can't find work for lower-skilled people born here, why should we take in lower-skilled people that weren't ? Why should someone with no job in Africa or Asia be welcome to have no job in the UK ?

Stating the Obvious Mate....they don't come for work..they come for the Benefits...free Housing
etc..................

I'm all for taking people in in times of need....innocent people from war zones,natural disasters,
like the Bahamas at moment....give them safety, if know one else will, that's what this country
is great at, helping others....but it must must be with a view to repatriation,after say 12months
or so...
it's the fact were so bogged down with "Economic" Migrants who don't really need to be here,
hinders us in helping people that actual need our help..

palerider

Post by palerider »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:39 am
palerider wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:13 am

Stating the Obvious Mate....they don't come for work..they come for the Benefits...free Housing
etc..................

I'm all for taking people in in times of need....innocent people from war zones,natural disasters,
like the Bahamas at moment....give them safety, if know one else will, that's what this country
is great at, helping others....but it must must be with a view to repatriation,after say 12months
or so...
it's the fact were so bogged down with "Economic" Migrants who don't really need to be here,
hinders us in helping people that actual need our help..
Spot on.

We've got enough of our own lazy fuckers.