Anthony Joshua, what a berk

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
1985whu

Anthony Joshua, what a berk

Post by 1985whu »

I'm no boxing officianado, I'm just a sports fan who likes to watch the odd fight but Joshua has gone right down in my estimations after his comments on Lennox Lewis. The bloke is talking shite - it seems like he's still punch-drunk from his last defeat.

Joshua seems to have a rather ill-founded high opinion of himself. He's not fit to tie Lewis' gloves!

Brookbonds73

Re: Anthony Joshua, what a berk

Post by Brookbonds73 »

1985whu wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:27 pm I'm no boxing officianado, I'm just a sports fan who likes to watch the odd fight but Joshua has gone right down in my estimations after his comments on Lennox Lewis. The bloke is talking shite - it seems like he's still punch-drunk from his last defeat.

Joshua seems to have a rather ill-founded high opinion of himself. He's not fit to tie Lewis' gloves!
Lewis would have battered him.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

grandad

Post by grandad »

1985whu wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:27 pm I'm no boxing officianado, I'm just a sports fan who likes to watch the odd fight but Joshua has gone right down in my estimations after his comments on Lennox Lewis. The bloke is talking shite - it seems like he's still punch-drunk from his last defeat.

Another reason while sport at the top level is fucked

AJ is mr manufactured and wouldn’t of stand a chance with Lennox. . Love to see fury fight AJ and in my opinion it will be a mortgage job on fury.
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

AJ is rattled and being a bit of a nob but at least he's showing some of his character now rather the polished PR image.

As Grandad said he's always had this in him. He used to be a drug runner in a gang so he's clearly not Mother Theresa.

So many of his fights have been cherry picked but now he has a genuine rival albeit due to a mismatching error by Hearn.

Ruiz ain't playing ball and I like him puffing his chest out and declaring that he'll make the decisions.

It all makes for a bit of genuine drama and angst and a proper fight in the rematch which anyone could win . . . . that's how heavyweight prizefighting should be.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

To be fair to Joshua, Lewis has been suggesting that the reason the Wilder fight didn't get made was down to Joshua, in spite of the evidence to the contrary. Maybe Joshua had just had enough?
As for picking and choosing fights. The only HW not doing that was Whyte, and we all know what happened there.
The Ruiz fight wasn't a mistake, Joshua was complacent, took a solid fighter way too lightly, and paid the price. This is why Fury is fighting utter garbage. He knows his opponents are so bad he can cut corners and still win at a canter.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

grandad

Post by grandad »

Neville Bartos wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:34 am To be fair to Joshua, Lewis has been suggesting that the reason the Wilder fight didn't get made was down to Joshua, in spite of the evidence to the contrary. Maybe Joshua had just had enough?
As for picking and choosing fights. The only HW not doing that was Whyte, and we all know what happened there.
The Ruiz fight wasn't a mistake, Joshua was complacent, took a solid fighter way too lightly, and paid the price. This is why Fury is fighting utter garbage. He knows his opponents are so bad he can cut corners and still win at a canter.
AJ is shot mate. He will lose the re match and retire
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Noni

Post by Noni »

Despite his misfortunes, I quite like the bloke!.... Sad that his temperament has changed. Wish him well in his next fight. :)