Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
ToneLoc

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ToneLoc »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:27 am
ToneLoc wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:07 pm What do our resident Aussies make of this?
Near the mark or inaccurate?

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/08/1 ... x-of-fear/
Nick Cater - “The public are genuinely fearful of the virus.”

I disagree with this comment. Generally speaking, it appears to me that the Australian public have become so accustomed to the virus, and are showing less and less concern re the transmission of the virus, and the public health orders in place to prevent the transmission.

I went for a walk yesterday along the coastal walkway/cycleway in North Wollongong - mask on, within 5km radius of my home (as is the current PHO), and was back home within the hour. There were shitloads of people in the adjacent parks and beaches, no masks, plenty of close contact, and many probably not from the local area.

Can’t speak for the whole country, but I would imagine the general ignorance and contempt for the virus is more widespread than just North Wollongong.
So mate, what's your take on the proportion of infections/deaths vs COVID rules in Oz at the moment?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:28 am

I disagree with this comment. Generally speaking, it appears to me that the Australian public have become so accustomed to the virus, and are showing less and less concern re the transmission of the virus, and the public health orders in place to prevent the transmission.

I went for a walk yesterday along the coastal walkway/cycleway in North Wollongong - mask on, within 5km radius of my home (as is the current PHO), and was back home within the hour. There were shitloads of people in the adjacent parks and beaches, no masks, plenty of close contact, and many probably not from the local area.

Can’t speak for the whole country, but I would imagine the general ignorance and contempt for the virus is more widespread than just North Wollongong.
So mate, what's your take on the proportion of infections/deaths vs COVID rules in Oz at the moment?
In Sydney we have been in lockdown for about 8 weeks the numbers keep on going up the state of new south wales also locked down the big push now is on for 70 to 80 percent vaccination they're hoping to achieve by October or November I'm already double jabbed I guess they want to do what you blokes are doing just living with it

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Down under mick wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:18 am
In Sydney we have been in lockdown for about 8 weeks the numbers keep on going up the state of new south wales also locked down the big push now is on for 70 to 80 percent vaccination they're hoping to achieve by October or November I'm already double jabbed I guess they want to do what you blokes are doing just living with it
But the numbers per person compared to the U.K. are pretty tiny aren’t they Mick?
From what I can see at least the lockdown appears disproportionately aggressive.

But then I’m reading that in Oz and NZ there’s the idea of maintaining zero cases?
If so then it seems an unrealistic pipe dream to me. Whole countries can’t remain in perpetual lockdown, totally isolated from the rest of the world.
Vaccinated people are still testing positive with new strains etc.
There has to come a time where people realise it’s here and has become part of our ecosystem as has other diseases and viruses throughout history.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Down under mick

Mate numbers compared to yours your right but this one for Sydney at least is getting out control at one stage they were saying get back to zero now putting faith in 70 to80 percent vaccination which as I'm vaccinated hope is the go to follow you blokes just a side light did you see New Zealand closed the whole country down with 1 case I think it got to 5 next day certainly crazy times mate

Down under mick

Mate numbers compared to yours your right but this one for Sydney at least is getting out control at one stage they were saying get back to zero now putting faith in 70 to80 percent vaccination which as I'm vaccinated hope is the go to follow you blokes just a side light did you see New Zealand closed the whole country down with 1 case I think it got to 5 next day certainly crazy times mate

Down under mick

Trouble is to some people just don't get it and just ignore restrictions to now we have in my area police and army patrolling something in my 63 years I've never seen in saying that not confronting but just making a presence and in this situation good plus fines have gone from 1k to 5k

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Hey Tone.

Not trying to fob you off, but looks like Mick is answering your questions. I bury my head in the sand with all of the data and conspiracy theories. Government tells me to get jabbed - I get jabbed. Government tells me to stay inside - I stay inside.

At some point they must’ve banned shagging...

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:22 pm
Hey Tone.

Not trying to fob you off, but looks like Mick is answering your questions. I bury my head in the sand with all of the data and conspiracy theories. Government tells me to get jabbed - I get jabbed. Government tells me to stay inside - I stay inside.

At some point they must’ve banned shagging...
:lol:
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Down under mick wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:48 am Mate numbers compared to yours your right but this one for Sydney at least is getting out control at one stage they were saying get back to zero now putting faith in 70 to80 percent vaccination which as I'm vaccinated hope is the go to follow you blokes just a side light did you see New Zealand closed the whole country down with 1 case I think it got to 5 next day certainly crazy times mate
It's down to societal tolerance levels and I admire the NZ stance on zero tolerance. They must look at the UK (England) protocols with astonishment.

We have got used to 100 deaths per day now, sometimes 160 othertimes 87 and that familiarity has a normalising effect. No one's botherd anymore or in Aussie vernacular 'gives a stuff'. I doubt we would return to full lockdown unless the numbers increased to a 1,000 and stayed there.

Except that won't happen because of the vaccination program. The mood music is very much of, the majority of deaths occur in the unvaccinated population and that's their own bloody fault and the small proportion of vaccinated people (double jabbers) who die, don't have the right stuff anyway;
so that can't be helped.

It's all down to perception and the way opinion is shaped. Manufacturing consent written large.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:57 pm
Down under mick wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:48 am Mate numbers compared to yours your right but this one for Sydney at least is getting out control at one stage they were saying get back to zero now putting faith in 70 to80 percent vaccination which as I'm vaccinated hope is the go to follow you blokes just a side light did you see New Zealand closed the whole country down with 1 case I think it got to 5 next day certainly crazy times mate

Except that won't happen because of the vaccination program. The mood music is very much of, the majority of deaths occur in the unvaccinated population and that's their own bloody fault and the small proportion of vaccinated people (double jabbers) who die, don't have the right stuff anyway;
so that can't be helped.

Shows how well the sheeple have no understanding of what's going on then.

Higher percentage of those in hospital are now the double jabbed.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic