Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

I've never really bought into the Covid project fear process tbh but I'm more confused now than ever. Apparently the test match has now been called off because some of the Indian coaches have got it.

We're being told that the vaccination process, which if I'm reading it right, has now been offered to everyone considered to need it, is a big success. Now I interpret that as meaning it's massively reducing the chance of anyone who has been vaccinated getting seriously ill, or worse, from it. It doesn't of course stop them carrying the virus and spreading it but if the vaccine is working where's the big deal ? I'm not a cricket fan so I couldn't give one about the test match but thousands of people do like the game and have bought tickets and probably, in many cases, booked time off work, accommodation and travel to and from the game and, at the last minute are being told "Sorry, the game's off".

Seems we are still pandering to the silly fuckers still wandering around wearing those silly masks who are obviously the sort of people whop aren't happy unless they have something to worry their tiny little brains about. I thought once that simpering little tart Hancock resigned we might have expected stronger leadership but, sadly, it appears not.

And Mrs W and I have got to get tested before we're allowed to set foot in Croatia next week FFS. Which also seems a bit daft because if we don't have a test we'd apparently be refused entry into the country. But we'd already be there because the bloody plane would have landed. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 am I've never really bought into the Covid project fear process tbh but I'm more confused now than ever. Apparently the test match has now been called off because some of the Indian coaches have got it.

We're being told that the vaccination process, which if I'm reading it right, has now been offered to everyone considered to need it, is a big success. Now I interpret that as meaning it's massively reducing the chance of anyone who has been vaccinated getting seriously ill, or worse, from it. It doesn't of course stop them carrying the virus and spreading it but if the vaccine is working where's the big deal ? I'm not a cricket fan so I couldn't give one about the test match but thousands of people do like the game and have bought tickets and probably, in many cases, booked time off work, accommodation and travel to and from the game and, at the last minute are being told "Sorry, the game's off".

Seems we are still pandering to the silly fuckers still wandering around wearing those silly masks who are obviously the sort of people whop aren't happy unless they have something to worry their tiny little brains about. I thought once that simpering little tart Hancock resigned we might have expected stronger leadership but, sadly, it appears not.

And Mrs W and I have got to get tested before we're allowed to set foot in Croatia next week FFS. Which also seems a bit daft because if we don't have a test we'd apparently be refused entry into the country. But we'd already be there because the bloody plane would have landed. :lol:
The reason the test match has been called off is that the IPL (Indian Premier League T20) worth 300m starts in 10 days time and all of the Indian players are in it. They don't want a positive test getting in the way of their participation.

The test match is only worth 20m in comparison, and although the ECB will now have to refund all ticket sales they won't want to harm their relationship with India who basically control world cricket.

As with everything else it's all about money.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:15 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 am I've never really bought into the Covid project fear process tbh but I'm more confused now than ever. Apparently the test match has now been called off because some of the Indian coaches have got it.

The reason the test match has been called off is that the IPL (Indian Premier League T20) worth 300m starts in 10 days time and all of the Indian players are in it. They don't want a positive test getting in the way of their participation.

The test match is only worth 20m in comparison, and although the ECB will now have to refund all ticket sales they won't want to harm their relationship with India who basically control world cricket.

Can't buy that tbh. If the virus is loose among their squad then surely irrespective of whether they are playing cricket or sitting around scratching their arses makes not one bit of difference. In fact I would have assumed they are less at risk of catching the death plague if they are frolicking around in Manchester's fine fresh air rather than sitting in a stuffy hotel room.

I suspect the Department of Mask Wearing Enforcement is behind this. I actually saw some cunt today driving alone in his car wearing one of the bloody things. Unsurprisingly he was driving like a little tart. :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:20 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:15 am

Can't buy that tbh. If the virus is loose among their squad then surely irrespective of whether they are playing cricket or sitting around scratching their arses makes not one bit of difference. In fact I would have assumed they are less at risk of catching the death plague if they are frolicking around in Manchester's fine fresh air rather than sitting in a stuffy hotel room.

I suspect the Department of Mask Wearing Enforcement is behind this. I actually saw some cunt today driving alone in his car wearing one of the bloody things. Unsurprisingly he was driving like a little tart. :lol:
Of course it's about money. Respected cricket journalists across the sport have said as much.

One of the Indian squad said they'd love to play but one of their physios has tested positive and they don't want to 'risk it'. You can make of that what you will, but it's without a doubt about the IPL.

Indian coach Ravi Shastri was positive before the LAST test but they played because of the time frame involved.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:23 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Of course it's about money. Respected cricket journalists across the sport have said as much.

One of the Indian squad said they'd love to play but one of their physios has tested positive and they don't want to 'risk it'. You can make of that what you will, but it's without a doubt about the IPL.

Indian coach Ravi Shastri was positive before the LAST test but they played because of the time frame involved.
Maybe so. But the fact Jonathan Agnew of the BBC (one of the main drivers of project fear of course the BBC) has said it';s to do with the biff bash festival doesn't alter the fact that the danger of dropping dead from the plague is surely not increased by playing cricket when the alternative is sitting around doing nothing. Those in imminent danger of death can self isolate, until they decide they're not going to die after all, whatever the rest of the party are doing can they not ?

palerider

Post by palerider »

I make flippant remarks about things I know nothing about but never anything serious. Because I know nothing about the subject.

It might make you more popular Whisky if you did the same.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Do you take the test in situ, when you arrive or before departure in the comfortable surroundings of wetherspoons at Heathrow - lovely carpet btw.

And concering the test...is it multiple choice or final answer kind of stuff.

The good new,as I'm sure your've realised, is at least you get to see the wetherspoons carpet, regardless of a pass/fail outcome...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:36 pm I make flippant remarks about things I know nothing about but never anything serious. Because I know nothing about the subject.

Popularity in the real world means a lot to me. Popularity on an internet forum doesn't. Hope that helps. ;)
Last edited by Whiskyman on Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:10 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:36 pm I make flippant remarks about things I know nothing about but never anything serious. Because I know nothing about the subject.

Popularity in the real world means a lot to me. Popularity on an internet forum doesn't. Hope that helps. ;)
Help with what ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:17 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:10 pm

Help with what ?
Do I file this under flippant ? ;)

I try to make rational points to provoke a bit of debate or banter. Don't like my posts ? Don't read them would be my suggestion.