Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: Coronavirus

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:19 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Help with what ?
Do I file this under flippant ? ;)

I try to make rational points to provoke a bit of debate or banter. Don't like my posts ? Don't read them would be my suggestion.
Thanks.

I'll do that.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:58 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 am I've never really bought into the Covid project fear process tbh but I'm more confused now than ever. Apparently the test match has now been called off because some of the Indian coaches have got it.

We're being told that the vaccination process, which if I'm reading it right, has now been offered to everyone considered to need it, is a big success. Now I interpret that as meaning it's massively reducing the chance of anyone who has been vaccinated getting seriously ill, or worse, from it. It doesn't of course stop them carrying the virus and spreading it but if the vaccine is working where's the big deal ? I'm not a cricket fan so I couldn't give one about the test match but thousands of people do like the game and have bought tickets and probably, in many cases, booked time off work, accommodation and travel to and from the game and, at the last minute are being told "Sorry, the game's off".

Seems we are still pandering to the silly fuckers still wandering around wearing those silly masks who are obviously the sort of people whop aren't happy unless they have something to worry their tiny little brains about. I thought once that simpering little tart Hancock resigned we might have expected stronger leadership but, sadly, it appears not.

And Mrs W and I have got to get tested before we're allowed to set foot in Croatia next week FFS. Which also seems a bit daft because if we don't have a test we'd apparently be refused entry into the country. But we'd already be there because the bloody plane would have landed. :lol:
Do you take the test in situ, when you arrive or before departure in the comfortable surroundings of wetherspoons at Heathrow - lovely carpet btw.

And concering the test...is it multiple choice or final answer kind of stuff.

The good new,as I'm sure your've realised, is at least you get to see the wetherspoons carpet, regardless of a pass/fail outcome...
Apparently you can take the test at the airport. But Mrs W has a friend who is a GP and she's going to do ours on the Tuesday before we go. There's 2 tests (you only need one of them done thank fuck) one has to be no older than 48 hours when you arrive in Croatio, the other one has to be less than 72 hours old. That's 2 and 3 days in old money so getting it done on Tuesday (Christ knows which one we're going to have done) will be OK.

Which means I'll miss seeing the famous Wetherspoon's carpet. Shame that.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:31 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:58 pm
Do you take the test in situ, when you arrive or before departure in the comfortable surroundings of wetherspoons at Heathrow - lovely carpet btw.

And concering the test...is it multiple choice or final answer kind of stuff.

The good new,as I'm sure your've realised, is at least you get to see the wetherspoons carpet, regardless of a pass/fail outcome...
Apparently you can take the test at the airport. But Mrs W has a friend who is a GP and she's going to do ours on the Tuesday before we go. There's 2 tests (you only need one of them done thank fuck) one has to be no older than 48 hours when you arrive in Croatio, the other one has to be less than 72 hours old. That's 2 and 3 days in old money so getting it done on Tuesday (Christ knows which one we're going to have done) will be OK.

As long as you do it privately you are fine (they won't accept NHS tests) and if you are there less than 72 hours you can use the outbound test result as the inbound one as well.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

If it’s anything like the tests we had to do before we holidayed in Ibiza (which was amber) you test 48hrs before departure and again 48hrs after your flight lands .

PCR tests though .
Lateral flow not accepted by uk authorities.
Bring back Jonathon !

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Test test test

Test some if you're jabbed

Test more of you're not

Thought you were free to do what you want if you followed the rules

Nope, still jumping through hoops
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:52 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:31 pm

As long as you do it privately you are fine (they won't accept NHS tests) and if you are there less than 72 hours you can use the outbound test result as the inbound one as well.
Thanks for the heads up. As I said Mrs W has a friend who is a GP and she knows all about the rules and regulations and, yes, we are doing it privately.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Government sanctioned treatment for government sanctioned freedom

See where it's going yet?

Majority of the nation less than 1% risk of dieing from the black death and still believing and following the bollocks they spew out.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:56 pm Government sanctioned treatment for government sanctioned freedom

Majority of the nation less than 1% risk of dieing from the black death and still believing and following the bollocks they spew out.
Currently trials ongoing for a new plague vaccine

That’s handy.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:56 pm Government sanctioned treatment for government sanctioned freedom

Currently trials ongoing for a new plague vaccine

That’s handy.
The timing couldn't be better

Now we have a resurgence of an illness that hasn't been seen since the middle ages, fuck right off!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Being brought over from France apparently!