Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Brookbonds73

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:13 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:28 am
If you feel like I feel then trust me , you wouldn’t feel like going to the pub .

However I get your point and don’t disagree .
Tim,some people feel fine on it..When I had it,I didn't feel 100%,but I had no problems doing every day things.
I wasn't sure if I had it or it was the after affects of drinking a keg of turpentine I had lying around.
Tricky business lighting up a cigar afterwards I can tell you!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:06 am
Prof Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, told BBC Breakfast that in time people with Covid should be allowed to "go about their normal lives" as they would with a common cold.

That suggests people could ignore test results and carry on regardless. Which is funny because why take a test - which is most unpleasant anyway - if you feel OK and are going to ignore the outcome. And most people would ignore the outcome, if the choice was pub or stay in doors.
If you feel like I feel then trust me , you wouldn’t feel like going to the pub .

If you feel bad I can only say two things:
First one--I hope you feel better soon
Second one--You obviously didn't heed my advice about necking a few large scotches, so you've only got yourself to blame. ;)

And just out of curiosity did you find out you had it via a compulsory test at work or did you just feel shit and wondered if you had it and took the test ? I don't know if I've had it or not. I had what I assumed was a bit of a cold about 2 months ago, just before I had my booster, but didn't take a test so I don't know if I've had it, and survived, or haven't and still risk a horrible death if I go into Tescos without a mask on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I didn’t feel to clever last Thursday.

I had a booster jab booked for Xmas eve so took a test that morning as a precaution and bingo !
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:40 am I didn’t feel to clever last Thursday.

I had a booster jab booked for Xmas eve so took a test that morning as a precaution and bingo !
Did you have any symptoms at the time NM?

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Yes, he was a cunt
Covid in the Boardroom

JayK

Post by JayK »

jameskel wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:25 am Yes, he was a cunt
That’s not covid symptoms, that’s standard
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:55 pm

If you feel bad I can only say two things:
First one--I hope you feel better soon
Second one--You obviously didn't heed my advice about necking a few large scotches, so you've only got yourself to blame. ;)

And just out of curiosity did you find out you had it via a compulsory test at work or did you just feel shit and wondered if you had it and took the test ? I don't know if I've had it or not. I had what I assumed was a bit of a cold about 2 months ago, just before I had my booster, but didn't take a test so I don't know if I've had it, and survived, or haven't and still risk a horrible death if I go into Tescos without a mask on.
The media are quoting large numbers of hospitalisations as they empathize how dangerous the situation is becoming. If we were to play devils-advocate here, we could suggest that having large numbers of customers/patients are a good thing. That means the facilities are being used for the intentions they were designed. Sounds reasonable.

So looking at the current hospitalisation numbers (8,246) and the available facilities in the NHS estate (1,229) we could aggregate 8 persons per hospital.
We could then ask the hard question, is that too many. Could we handle 50 customers per hospital say and if we could, is there still a fair bit of bend and flex within the system. In other words, are SAGE and the unofficial SAGE spinning porkies and if they are, what benefit is it to media outlets to pass it around.

The PM in the last 48 hours appeared to decide that 90% of all 8,246 were unvaccinated and the whole 100% had underlying health conditions which gave a measure of what everyone was currently dealing with. And made backs sit up straight too.

It's good to be informed and a bit of full disclosure keeps us all nicely in the loop. The moral of the story here, is when you think your really in the shit, your'e probably not...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:40 am I didn’t feel to clever last Thursday.

Well the clue is in the first line of the post really Oz but now you mention it , although I felt Ill last Thursday (23rd) there were no recognised symptoms, at least none that we’ve all been programmed to beware of ?
I’ve never lost my sense of smell or my sense of taste . I did have a cough. But , then , I’ve always got a cough :roll:

I had long intense seemingly endless headaches for the first couple of days followed by a perpetual feeling of nausea and a loss of appetite.
Virtually a week on I now have guts ache but that probably due to lack of food .
The thought of breakfast and lunch today makes me feel like I wanna throw up .
I was told by the quack yesterday that negative LFT’s 2 days running means I can come out of my hole .

Yesterday I tested positive.
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:24 am

Well the clue is in the first line of the post really Oz but now you mention it , although I felt Ill last Thursday (23rd) there were no recognised symptoms, at least none that we’ve all been programmed to beware of ?
I’ve never lost my sense of smell or my sense of taste . I did have a cough. But , then , I’ve always got a cough :roll:

I had long intense seemingly endless headaches for the first couple of days followed by a perpetual feeling of nausea and a loss of appetite.
Virtually a week on I now have guts ache but that probably due to lack of food .
I was told by the quack yesterday that negative LFT’s 2 days running means I can come out of my hole .

Sorry to hear that mate. Shit luck.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:24 am

Get well soon Tim