Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:10 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:56 pm
They made the error of believing they had reached peak herd immunity. Because 50% of their population are under 26 it was assummed that a lot of infections were simply asymptomatic. This led to the wrong conclusion that the Indian people possessed a genetic strength that offered unique protection.

Once this was widely accepted and people relaxed around each other then things went very bad and very fast.
What people don't get mate is, It's not people that show the symptoms or test positive or even have it full on...they're
not the problem...it's the asymptomatic carriers,who tend to be under 50 or so,that pass it on the their Parents/Grandparents...
It wont come out or be said...but there's shit loads of us that have been out and about,not been affected by it, that have it,and
have passed it on to our vulnerable loved ones...
Part of the problem in India at Moment is a prime example of that.
It was the exact opposite. They assummed because infections appeared low, they had achieved herd immunity. They reasoned over half the population had been asymptomatic which was why the effects were mild.

Simply put, they thought they had gone through it and got over it. When it was still circulating and getting worse.

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:56 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:12 pm

If it was a new thing I’d understand the lack of understanding, but it’s been around prob 18 months now. If those intelligent people at the top of the spectrum in India don’t understand it by now considering you and I do, I wonder how they ever got there in the 1st place.

I’m all for giving benefit of the doubt towards some things but I see this more a black and white situation (not a racial thing :lol: ) where like Pale said, it’s the economy they’re more bothered about.
I'm not denying the economy thing taking precedent mate...but working class wise it operates a bit different to ours....
huge part of it is Market trading,and all that entails,close proximity etc,but it's vital to them,we go online and have Asdas clean
sterile shops,huge swathes of india have nothing like that.
The Benefits system is practically non existent,you have to work.....each country has it's separate issues and problems..
But What the Idiots in Charge there said is, we've beaten it...have your festivals,political gathering etc,people believed
it...thought it was over.....this is what happens when you don't understand the science behind it.
Like said they were potentially always gonna get it hard....but Masks ,washing and other precautions should have been pushed..
Big Time,like it has here...
Thanks to our lock downs and how we've handled it on the whole,we're the only country in the world that had a huge initial
infection rate to start of with..to be getting near to beating it and getting it under...but it still isn't 100% under,we still
need to get thru next winter....then hopefully we treat it like flu.with just elderly and vulnerable getting yearly jabs...
Cos the World Is Stuck with this thing for the forseeable future,by the looks.
Yep, pretty much what BD is saying about over there mate 👍🏽
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:13 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:10 pm

What people don't get mate is, It's not people that show the symptoms or test positive or even have it full on...they're
not the problem...it's the asymptomatic carriers,who tend to be under 50 or so,that pass it on the their Parents/Grandparents...
It wont come out or be said...but there's shit loads of us that have been out and about,not been affected by it, that have it,and
have passed it on to our vulnerable loved ones...
Part of the problem in India at Moment is a prime example of that.
It was the exact opposite. They assummed because infections appeared low, they had achieved herd immunity. They reasoned over half the population had been asymptomatic which was why the effects were mild.

Simply put, they thought they had gone through it and got over it. When it was still circulating and getting worse.
Actually agreed with your post mate.....just put another spin on it,Numerous reasons how this thing moves and gets passed around,
and why people think they are safe from it,and why we shouldn't take anything for granted..
Think we have reached the Herd Immunity thing here now...that's no reason not to still take things steady till we are
over the little upturn we'll get a month or so after the lockdown ends in June...

Plus all the hand washing, masking up,keeping a distance is stopping other viruses such as Flu,being spread around us so much...
Also Office/Indoor Ventilation-Air Conditioning is being explored..how to improve them .least we can do is learn from
this shit of a thing.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

https://www.sportbible.com/football/foo ... h-20200814

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... month.html

Where do I sign up, take my money please.

Got to be an utter prick to pay out for this shite.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:28 pm https://www.sportbible.com/football/foo ... h-20200814

August 2020 those articles
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

JayK wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:44 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:28 pm https://www.sportbible.com/football/foo ... h-20200814

Watch this space

Remember when those that said a vaccine passport were called conspiracy theorists.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:52 pm
JayK wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:44 pm

Watch this space

Remember when those that said a vaccine passport were called conspiracy theorists.
I don’t remember but I really don’t see the issue either. It is what it is and what will be will be 🤷🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

JayK wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:49 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 11:52 pm

Watch this space

I don’t remember but I really don’t see the issue either. It is what it is and what will be will be 🤷🏻‍♂️
:roll:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Read somewhere..someones done some sums,that if we all drunk 324 pints each over the summer period,it would
put the Pub Retail trade back on it's feet.....
So Crack on everyone,Just tell the Missus...National duty and all that...... :lol:

Prob gonna be a slight rise in cases in 2/3/4 weeks time....which will no doubt have our Media scaremongering,
but will be controllable and no worse than flu going around..Indian strain ,slight concern,outside chance of "local"
lockdowns,but doubt it..
End of June should know where we are with it...then another Month of controllable low cases,everyone should be jabbed up
by then...hopefully see no reason why we can fuck this thing off August time...and look on it like flu...
No Masks No Socially distancing etc ...Hug and Fuck who you want..within reason of course.... :lol:

Think we've all done brilliantly...but keep the masks and being careful shit going for a few more weeks...

Rest of the worlds another matter tho...shitloads to be done yet..

And Interesting to see whether we can completely get shot of this virus...is it poss,or do we have to live with it
like we do others..

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:02 am Read somewhere..someones done some sums,that if we all drunk 324 pints each over the summer period,it would
put the Pub Retail trade back on it's feet.....
So Crack on everyone,Just tell the Missus...National duty and all that...... :lol:

Prob gonna be a slight rise in cases in 2/3/4 weeks time....which will no doubt have our Media scaremongering,
but will be controllable and no worse than flu going around..Indian strain ,slight concern,outside chance of "local"
lockdowns,but doubt it..
End of June should know where we are with it...then another Month of controllable low cases,everyone should be jabbed up
by then...hopefully see no reason why we can fuck this thing off August time...and look on it like flu...
No Masks No Socially distancing etc ...Hug and Fuck who you want..within reason of course.... :lol:

Think we've all done brilliantly...but keep the masks and being careful shit going for a few more weeks...

Rest of the worlds another matter tho...shitloads to be done yet..

And Interesting to see whether we can completely get shot of this virus...is it poss,or do we have to live with it
like we do others..
“Within reason” :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’m all for National service like this MK!!

Prob have to live with the thing like flu I would imagine
COYI!!!