IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
tassiehammer

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by tassiehammer »

I'm a dinosaur when it comes to all the streaming channels. Caught the hammers a couple of times with russian type commentary and players moving like robots so gave up.
But did manage to get my my mums funeral service live streamed on youtube and only this morning , after being told to by a board member, watched Hornchurch V Maidstone. Won't bother again, skill level was sunday morning mems stuff. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:28 am I'm a dinosaur when it comes to all the streaming channels. Caught the hammers a couple of times with russian type commentary and players moving like robots so gave up.
But did manage to get my my mums funeral service live streamed on youtube and only this morning , after being told to by a board member, watched Hornchurch V Maidstone. Won't bother again, skill level was sunday morning mems stuff. :D
If your a light user ie: basically stream West Ham matches and don't much bother with any other content then you can downlaod an android app for your phone. Something like PTV sports which normally has two streams per game, one of them English. It's either a Sky,BT or something else.
Even gets the Amazon feed via a third party. It's not 100% reliable but it's free and works 9/10 times.

If you want to cherry pick everything digital off a menu then your into the paid services arena and firesticks and Kodi domains. All good stuff, just depends on your interests and level of useage.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:28 am I'm a dinosaur when it comes to all the streaming channels. Caught the hammers a couple of times with russian type commentary and players moving like robots so gave up.
... followed by a pint or 8 in the Alex afterwards :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:25 pm

I acquired Vola earlier today . It had a live cricket match on there ( not very good quality stream) and highlights of 2 la liga matches and that was all.

Tonight I got home from work and get nothing but a blank screen with a blue strip at the top .

Any ideas ?
Clearly it's not up and running as previously at the moment. Maybe it will over the coming days. One that has been running, ok although I don't use it as I use Potatostreams all the time, is "La Deportes". It's also in the above filelinked. Even without potatostreams I've always been able to get to really good reliable streams from various apps. I think from memory "Football TV" is good and also "Navixsport" from the same filelinked number.
I still subscribe (yeah, I know, silly cunt) to Sky/BT so watch all our games on that at the moment. But I also like to take in the Barcelona La Liga games and my grandkids have also got various apps, including Vola, for other games. I haven't watched a live game on Vola yet but they had highlights of the Granada v Barca Copa del Rey tie which was perfect.

I usually use the BeIn Sports (USA) connection on Live Net for live coverage of the Barca games. It's free and has English commentary. Live Net has improved dramatically in the past 3/4 months and for those who don't have subscriptions to Sky/BT our games are normally covered by several channels worldwide which you can access on Live Net. And the added bonus is that Live Net is totally free.

This is a useful link.

https://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:27 am
Shortshanks wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 am

Clearly it's not up and running as previously at the moment. Maybe it will over the coming days. One that has been running, ok although I don't use it as I use Potatostreams all the time, is "La Deportes". It's also in the above filelinked. Even without potatostreams I've always been able to get to really good reliable streams from various apps. I think from memory "Football TV" is good and also "Navixsport" from the same filelinked number.
I still subscribe (yeah, I know, silly cunt) to Sky/BT so watch all our games on that at the moment. But I also like to take in the Barcelona La Liga games and my grandkids have also got various apps, including Vola, for other games. I haven't watched a live game on Vola yet but they had highlights of the Granada v Barca Copa del Rey tie which was perfect.

I usually use the BeIn Sports (USA) connection on Live Net for live coverage of the Barca games. It's free and has English commentary. Live Net has improved dramatically in the past 3/4 months and for those who don't have subscriptions to Sky/BT our games are normally covered by several channels worldwide which you can access on Live Net. And the added bonus is that Live Net is totally free.

This is a useful link.

I would say the best 2 free apps currently for football are La Deportes and Arena4Viewer. Both have worked great for quite a time now but as you already know they can suddenly disappear like Vola Sports did. Both worth being on your setup anyway. Got rid of Sky about 4 years ago and the streams have got better and better. Spoilt for choice now really.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:11 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:27 am

This is a useful link.

I would say the best 2 free apps currently for football are La Deportes and Arena4Viewer. Both have worked great for quite a time now but as you already know they can suddenly disappear like Vola Sports did. Both worth being on your setup anyway. Got rid of Sky about 4 years ago and the streams have got better and better. Spoilt for choice now really.
Always worth having more than one option. But I do agree with you that the quality of streams has improved dramatically since the bad old days of Sports Devil. :lol:

I like the Live Net set up because of the sheer number of worldwide tv channels it gives access to. My eldest grandson is studying Spanish at school and he sometimes watches stuff like The Simpsons on one of the Spanish mainstream t v channels. Which I guess is much more fun that relying on books all the time.

I would probably knock my Virgin package on the head if it was down to me but Mrs W won't hear of it, law abiding little soul that she is. ;)

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Incidently the last time I looked Vola Sports had the La Liga games as well as the Bundesliga.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Changing the subject a bit , does anybody else have problems streaming Amazon prime video through their VPN ?
I have the split tunnelling option applied to the app but sometimes I get a geo-location block type error message when the wife tries to watch it ...
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 am Incidently the last time I looked Vola Sports had the La Liga games as well as the Bundesliga.
Vola seems to have pretty much every major league covered.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:54 am Changing the subject a bit , does anybody else have problems streaming Amazon prime video through their VPN ?
I have the split tunnelling option applied to the app but sometimes I get a geo-location block type error message when the wife tries to watch it ...
I'm not a teccie but what is the advantage of split-tunnelling.? You say it is an option so, at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs, can't you change the option when Mrs N wants to watch ? Probably a stupid question but, fuck it, I've asked it now. ;) I'm assuming it might be something that allows you to watch two different streams simultaneously on different tv's. But I'm probably wrong there as well.

I don't bother with a VPN these days tbh . Used to use IP vanish but no idea if that was split tunnelled or not.