IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Newmarket »

whu wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:11 pm Due to knee taking and BLM support by Sky .... as well as a generally anti white ethos these days, I chopped £50 off my Sky.
Invested an extra £13 per month on IPTV (£10 subs, £3 VPNs).

Best thing I ever did. I also now get BT and pay per view via this.
Saved £37 PM and got the best and most ever Sports availability.
£25 saved on a perfect viewing of the Fury fight last week --- 2 months subs alone.

About to bring out a mini set top box, happy to forward details if needed T.

The occasional glitch yes but the best thing I ever did.

No brainer it you like your football, UFC and so on ...
Absolutely mate .

In the end I found 2 decent services , both underground both very hush hush with extensive libraries of Movies & series and one is uk based as well .

Always good to have a back up as these services can fold at a moments notice .

I also have Kodi as a back up back up ( so to speak ) .
Including my long standing VPN account and Real-Debrid which I use for Kodi I think it costs me less than £16 a month all in .
The uk based service was such a good deal I took a chance and took their yearly deal , which works out at less than a pound a week .
As you say , the perfect stream of the Fury fight and I watched the new Halloween movie yesterday which was only released in the states last Thursday so that’s pretty much paid for the year already so if it goes tits up tomorrow so fucking what ? :D
Next …

Best thing I ever did and best of all I don’t have to listen to those Cunts on Sky .

Hope you’re well mate ;)

Dagenham Dave , if you see this , how is your TV service performing ?
I know you’ve been doing similar for Donkeys …
Bring back Jonathon !

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Afternoon NM, who are you now using? Morsecode or smoke signals, to keep in hush hush
Covid in the Boardroom

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

jameskel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:14 pm Afternoon NM, who are you now using? Morsecode or smoke signals, to keep in hush hush
Sent you a Pm Jimbo
Bring back Jonathon !

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Thanks, will take a look at both. Although my provider has been good, they have just had a massive influx of users and their servers seem to be struggling
Covid in the Boardroom

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

jameskel wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 pm Thanks, will take a look at both. Although my provider has been good, they have just had a massive influx of users and their servers seem to be struggling
Yep that’s what put me off Hyper . All JCM customers (ex Sportz tv).
Let me know if I can help 👍🏻
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:19 pm
jameskel wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:09 pm Thanks, will take a look at both. Although my provider has been good, they have just had a massive influx of users and their servers seem to be struggling
As I think I've said before I use LA Deportes which is a Kodi add on. The quality of picture is perfect and there are very rarely any glitches in service, particularly if it's a Bein Sports stream and you don't mind listening to an Arabic commentary. ;)

I've never had to use IPTV but I know a lot of people have signed up for them. I'm not a teccie so would appreciate, preferably in idiot proof language, a bit of advice as to why you would recommend IPTV. It's a option I will certainly consider if LA Deportes should ever, as it probably will one day, disappear from the face of the earth.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:14 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:19 pm

As I think I've said before I use LA Deportes which is a Kodi add on. The quality of picture is perfect and there are very rarely any glitches in service, particularly if it's a Bein Sports stream and you don't mind listening to an Arabic commentary. ;)

I've never had to use IPTV but I know a lot of people have signed up for them. I'm not a teccie so would appreciate, preferably in idiot proof language, a bit of advice as to why you would recommend IPTV. It's a option I will certainly consider if LA Deportes should ever, as it probably will one day, disappear from the face of the earth.
I just spent best part of an hour replying to this , fat fingered the wrong button and lost the fucking lot 😡
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:39 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:14 pm

I just spent best part of an hour replying to this , fat fingered the wrong button and lost the fucking lot 😡
Well, thanks for trying to explain. But, pray tell. Would having an IPTV service or VPN have helped you avoid such a catastrophe ? ;)

I have neither, but I do sometimes suffer from fat finger fuckuppery.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:39 pm

Well, thanks for trying to explain. But, pray tell. Would having an IPTV service or VPN have helped you avoid such a catastrophe ? ;)

:D I’m not a tecchie either tbh but it’s a rather keen hobby of mine now that I very rarely get to footy , get to go fishing and drinking doesn’t happen anymore .

Anyway, IPTV.
I’m sure you know it stands for Internet Protocol Television.

Thousands upon thousands of live tv channels from around the world but the services “ we” use normally come out of the UK , USA and Canada and the rest of the English speaking world + many from elsewhere.
You’ll be familiar with most of the sports channels from your live soccer tv app/website .

There are many availabile . The more “ known” they are , and by that I mean the services that are openly discussed on the internet on forums and chat rooms such as Reddit and the like , the more likely they are to get shut down by the authorities for copyright infringements etc .

There is a US based concern known as ACE ( dunno what it stands for) that trolls the internet worldwide in search of these mostly illegal services .

So when somebody wants to go down the iptv route it’s in there best interest to keep it under wraps , which is why I pm’d Jimbo above rather than plastering it on here.

The QUALITY of the service , support/help as well as reliability quite often goes hand in hand with how many paying customers they have and how overloaded their servers and sources are .

Basically the smaller less busy less well known services usually provide the better service .

The service I was with till recently got shut down at a moments notice and thousands of subscribers were left high & dry with no Tv service , they jumped on the internet searching for a good service and/or reviews .

The service Jimmy uses is one of the better known ones and , as he admits , In their greed they took on many new customers at once and their servers can’t cope with the influx.
So long standing customers like Jim are currently suffering a not-so-reliable service , buffering etc .

Those in the know can usually counter a lot of that by altering the IP address server of their chosen VPN which is fine but having to fuck about with it every time your Mrs wants to watch the telly can be frustrating followed by pissed offness :lol:

So basically, despite your little joke above , the less people know about your service the more reliable and better quality it usually is.

Oh and each service either supplies their own APK for download or provide you with a code to use a 3rd party app such as Tivi(tv)mate or IPTV Smarters.

They usually have an EPG (electronic programme guide) just like you would get from a cable/satellite service.

As I say , I currently have 2 services , one as a back up in case something goes bandy .

One is US based and one is UK based .

Both have thousands of channels available. As far as Sports channels go they both have the aforementioned channels you are familiar with and many many more .
Every Pay per view event you can think of .
Thousands of series and movies on demand and one of them even has a different dedicated app for a small extra charge with many many more options .
It may not be everybody’s cup of tea , actually it was pretty shit , but the new Halloween movie was released in the states last Thursday and my service had a 4K quality offering available on Sunday evening.
The new Bond movie is expected any day now.

The cost all-in ? I’ll break down what I shell out per month.

Two IPTV subscriptions inc VOD £15.02
Extra optional VOD service £5
VPN £5.03

Total £25.05p

Plus of course your Broadband service , you’ll need a download speed of about 25mgts to be able to watch 4K quality streams , all of this speed stuff easily googled.

You would have to do maintenance on your device once a week , clearing cache , rebooting router etc once a week to keep it running efficiently, again the exact details are usually provided by the service.
Lists posted on the support chat groups every day letting you know which channels are screening which games/matches etc and they also usually have dedicated sections for PL games , La Liga , Bundesliga etc though I tend to use the specific channels in case the main feed has a Sky commentary/coverage.

Because of your VPN your IP cannot tell what your watching so you can tell the Beeb where to stick their tv licence too even if it was legal for them to charge it.

All you have to do is sign up , wait till your old woman has got to grips with it and then tell Virgin and Sky where to stick THEIR services as well .

But quite frankly who doesn’t want to save money every month and still get a lot more for a lot less ?

Their are quite a few users on here that will almost certainly agree with me and could quite possibly add to this thread with advantages that I’ve forgotten .

Of course if somebody is happy with what they currently have that’s great , it’s not for everybody but from what I’ve seen and heard IPTV tends to be a natural progression from KODI .

Hope this has helped explain a bit more ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:03 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm

:D I’m not a tecchie either tbh but it’s a rather keen hobby of mine now that I very rarely get to footy , get to go fishing and drinking doesn’t happen

There is a US based concern known as ACE ( dunno what it stands for) that trolls the internet worldwide in search of these mostly illegal services .
Thanks for taking the trouble to type that all out. In summary it seems that an IPTV service is as likely to get shut down as the various links. And you also mention buffering issues. They used to be an issue with links but seem less of a problem today. I had always assumed, wrongly it appears, that this wouldn’t happen with IPTV.

You’re paying £60 a month less than I give Virgin , although mine includes a high speed broadband service, so it’s a decent saving for you.

I can see a time in the near future, partly because of the way alternative viewing platforms are getting better prices will come down to USA type charges which are much more competitive.

The one thing I didn’t understand was why changing you IP would affect your wife’s streaming. I thought the IP was simply the address thru which your service came. But as I said i’m not a techie.

Thanks again.