Captain Moore now £28 million donations to NHS

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Captain Moore now £28 million donations to NHS

Post by Noni »

Wow!!... :shock:

Shock and disbelief when you think that this man as a joke with family wanted to raise just a £1,000 for the NHS to celebrate his 100th birthday!.. By doing this, he needed to walk a 100 laps of his driveway with his walker.

The social media took advantage of his achievements and now he's become a global hero. With well over 144 countries involved in donating to the NHS. As I right this, it has now reached £28 - £29 million .....What a hero!!.. :)

Celebrities throughout, have recognized his achievements with praise and honour ! .

On a similar note, a 6 year old girl who cannot walk, unless with the aid of a walker, has also raised £170,000 in Bristol to help the NHS, inspired by Captain Moore.

Britain needs their workers to stay alive in the NHS crises to help us and stay alive. ;)

JayK

Re: Captain Moore now £28 million donations to NHS

Post by JayK »

As much as I admire the achievements and don’t wanna take that away from them but, I’d love to know exactly where the money is going and how it’s helping.
COYI!!!

Noni

Post by Noni »

JayK wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:07 pm As much as I admire the achievements and don’t wanna take that away from them but, I’d love to know exactly where the money is going and how it’s helping.
I'm not to judge!..... The fact is, this guy is making millions, so I don't know?... I assume to the NHS :?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Noni wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:22 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:07 pm As much as I admire the achievements and don’t wanna take that away from them but, I’d love to know exactly where the money is going and how it’s helping.
I'm not to judge!..... The fact is, this guy is making millions, so I don't know?... I assume to the NHS :?
Yeah they say to the NHS like a lot of charity things lately. But they’re funded by the government. So, I know I’m a bit of a cynic but I genuinely don’t know. Are we bailing out the government with this charity work?
COYI!!!

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

JayK wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:31 pm
Noni wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:22 pm

Yeah they say to the NHS like a lot of charity things lately. But they’re funded by the government. So, I know I’m a bit of a cynic but I genuinely don’t know. Are we bailing out the government with this charity work?
Classic political deflection. Not having a pop as this brilliant old chap - we should celebrate HIS day instead of St George - but if this is helping take peoples minds off the cutting of funding of the NHS then those in charge will be happy.

I was also thinking, is the money raised paid or pledged? Saying 28 million has been raised is great but are they going to get it all? What is some drunk couple at home pledge 5 grand but then sober up & think "Fuck that"?

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

Just saw that's he's Number One in the charts with "You'll Never Walk Alone".

That's fucking brilliant. Love it :D

JayK

Post by JayK »

Taansend wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:54 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Classic political deflection. Not having a pop as this brilliant old chap - we should celebrate HIS day instead of St George - but if this is helping take peoples minds off the cutting of funding of the NHS then those in charge will be happy.

I was also thinking, is the money raised paid or pledged? Saying 28 million has been raised is great but are they going to get it all? What is some drunk couple at home pledge 5 grand but then sober up & think "Fuck that"?
Surely charities shouldn’t be bailing out the government. I’m probs missing something here
COYI!!!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Well done to Captain Moore. We got the news and updates down here.
As for charities, well they're taking a bashing down here. Treating themselves as big business and keeping the lions share off donations. There was a story a few years ago of a major international , aussie branch, charity collecting for bushfire donations and then made themselves look ever so gallant by giving the money to Africa.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Prob works out at under half of 1% of NHS budget...maybe less,so Government Funding wise neither
here or there....its staggering the amount goes into the NHS...plus quite often,Government will
double any fund raising as did with the recent...Comic Relief/Children in need thing.

Would like to see money raised like this to be used on a more personal level,rather than getting
lost in general funding....the more money we pump into the NHS the More the Drug Companies..
(Elephant in the room when we talk about the NHS Funding....they drain Billions out of it)
Put their prices up...along with Service providers..Wont go into rant mode...but does piss me off
as it's never spoken about...all we say is, just keep pumping more money in....money that doesn't
get where it's sposed to.

So this money is like a gift to the actual staff...a thank you..so try and use that way somehow
I'd say actually stick it in their wage packets...but as there's nigh on 2,000,000 of them,wouldn't
work out to much....

NHS are the 5th Biggest employers in.....not the UK.....the World.....we have to fund that,it's
incredible that we can.

We're so lucky to have it...staffed by such amazing guys and girls.....things are gonna be tight
when it's all over.....but an extra weeks money...especially for Nurses,Porters,Paramedics..etc
at the end would be doable...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Mentioned this old chap a while back on the coronavirus thread fucking good luck to him ,fuck the doomers and naysayers and the political agendas he done it for this particular cause,as I said before I salute you sir .

How much goes in no one knows but don’t make assumptions.

Well done Capt Moore.