Facebook....

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
ToneLoc

Re: Facebook....

Post by ToneLoc »

Taansend wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:39 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:42 pm
What was it called before it was called "Christmas" then?
It had loads of names. It was celebrated all across Europe. The Romans called it Saturnalia. That's where the wreath on the door came from. Germanic people called it Yule. It was about getting through the shortest days of winter.

The evergreen tree is a centrepoint because it doesn't shed its leaves during this time.

Kissing under the mistletoe is the same. It kept its berries throughout winter so kissing under it was symbolic for life. Mistletoe actually means "shit twig" in old English or Celtic as the white berry looks like bird poo.

Early christianity tried to stamp out this winterfest but people carried on so they just said "OK, we'll celebrate the birth of Jesus then" even though he wasn't born then & there's no record of it anywhere.

Everything about Christianity is stolen from other religions/traditions except the name Jesus. But his life is mainly taken from a Greek Demigod, Attis.
You pagan heathen you :lol:

Actually, I've been reading a lot of Tolkien biographical stuff recently and it's really interesting to read how so much of his Middle Earth people, stories, culture, lore etc comes from pre-Christian times....particularly Norse and Celtic legends.
The irony in that he was a devout Roman-Catholic.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Taansend wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:20 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:47 pm

You have a point there Oz,but the majority of Yanks are proud of that flag and they all celebrate on July 4th,where the English do nothing.
You've hit the nail on the head Terry.

July 4th is the birth of their nation. Everyone can relate. If they want to.

St Georges Day is nothing. You can't say it celebrates England as it was others first. It has fuck all to do with England.

We need a day off in the summer (like July 4th) so everyone can bbq & get drunk together :D

Find a date in July or August that is inclusive of everyone rather than some random bloke with no connection to England. Then let's paaaaaaaarrrrrrtttttyyyyy :lol:
We've got St Paddys day for that...... :lol:

We aint got something..we just steal someone elses...simple...... :lol:

Doombar

Post by Doombar »

Brushed under the carpet our first Saint
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/H ... f-England/

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:19 am
Taansend wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:39 pm

It had loads of names. It was celebrated all across Europe. The Romans called it Saturnalia. That's where the wreath on the door came from. Germanic people called it Yule. It was about getting through the shortest days of winter.

The evergreen tree is a centrepoint because it doesn't shed its leaves during this time.

Kissing under the mistletoe is the same. It kept its berries throughout winter so kissing under it was symbolic for life. Mistletoe actually means "shit twig" in old English or Celtic as the white berry looks like bird poo.

Early christianity tried to stamp out this winterfest but people carried on so they just said "OK, we'll celebrate the birth of Jesus then" even though he wasn't born then & there's no record of it anywhere.

Everything about Christianity is stolen from other religions/traditions except the name Jesus. But his life is mainly taken from a Greek Demigod, Attis.
You pagan heathen you :lol:

Actually, I've been reading a lot of Tolkien biographical stuff recently and it's really interesting to read how so much of his Middle Earth people, stories, culture, lore etc comes from pre-Christian times....particularly Norse and Celtic legends.
The irony in that he was a devout Roman-Catholic.
That bloke was a genius.

My mum is from Irish Catholic stock but believes in everything. Aliens, pixies, fairies, tree people, witches (I believed she was one when I was a kid), etc etc so I was exposed to all sorts as a nipper.

She didn't learn to read until adulthood and told me believe nothing & read everything.

Probably why I'm so fucked up today :lol:

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Social media is driving me mental. It's overrun with fucking loons.

Today I read this : I said my child KNEW at 2 they were LGBT.

Two, fucking two! How in the name of fuck does anyone know their sexual orientation at two? What this is is coaching. It's fucking parents indoctrinating fucking toddlers into their bullshit, so they can get off on it. It fucking sickens me. No parent should be talking about LGBTQ, or orientation issues in general, with a fucking two year old.

I swear to dog 80% of people belong in the fucking loony bin... And the other 20% are nonces. :?
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Neville Bartos wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:19 pm Social media is driving me mental. It's overrun with fucking loons.

Two, fucking two! How in the name of fuck does anyone know their sexual orientation at two? What this is is coaching. It's fucking parents indoctrinating fucking toddlers into their bullshit, so they can get off on it. It fucking sickens me. No parent should be talking about LGBTQ, or orientation issues in general, with a fucking two year old.

I swear to dog 80% of people belong in the fucking loony bin... And the other 20% are nonces. :?
Disgusting parenting.

And those that dunno whether they’re male or female just got serious, disturbing mental issues. Fuckin loopy frying pans
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:27 am
Neville Bartos wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:19 pm Social media is driving me mental. It's overrun with fucking loons.

Disgusting parenting.

And those that dunno whether they’re male or female just got serious, disturbing mental issues. Fuckin loopy frying pans
Certainly. Love to see the comments below that particular post...by the way , what does LGBTQ stand for ?
I gather it’s some sort of Woofter’s club ?
Bring back Jonathon !

wokinghama

Post by wokinghama »

Newmarket wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:34 am

Disgusting parenting.

Certainly. Love to see the comments below that particular post...by the way , what does LGBTQ stand for ?
The Q might stand for Qunts?
Chim Chimeney

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:34 am

Disgusting parenting.

The current prevalent understanding is lesbian,gay,bisexual,transgender,queer or questioning...which to my mind means undecided, so it should be LGBTU because the Q covers gay and lesbian and therefore is not needed,and doesn't add much,because we have worked that bit out for ourselves,thank you very much.

Although some people, might imagine the U might stand for U-Boat so that's probably why it was not used.You have to be so careful around peoples self perceptions.

So you might be thinking that the more newer + in the LGBTQ+ definition covers straight people. Nope,they are not included.The plus part covers those peeps who think they are animals or babies,extra extraterrestrials or belong to the family of the Walking Dead. It's an appendage that like Grandma's nightie - covers everything.

It used to be easy when it was only normal or bent...but who needs easy eh....

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

The Little kiddie will hopefully grow up to be what HE or SHE wants to be...and with a lot more
understanding and commonsense than it's "Parents"....

C'mon ....who didn't put a dress on when you were two anyway........ :lol: