Facebook....

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
ToneLoc

Facebook....

Post by ToneLoc »

...banned my mate for posting this......
FB Message.JPG
FB Message.JPG (34.48 KiB) Viewed 4298 times
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Facebook....

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Any banned for Ramadan ?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:27 pm Any banned for Ramadan ?
Of course not.
Just like there won't be bans for proud Americans on 4th of July or proud French on Bastille Day etc etc........

Funny enough, I put up "Happy St George's Day message with a YT link to "Jerusalem" and didn't get a ban.
So i'm not quite sure why FB have such a bee in their bonnet about someone posting a "Proud to be English" banner?
I'm tempted to post a "Proud to be French on Bastille Day" and see if they give me a 30 day ban.

Will be interesting to see.
Yeah....."United"

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Irish jocks and Welsh can be proud then, fuck the English
Funny old world we live in

Kiss my hairy fucking arsehole Facebook.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Festa della Republicca on June 2nd.

I wonder if they'll ban me as my Mum was Italian.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:37 pm
Of course not.
Just like there won't be bans for proud Americans on 4th of July or proud French on Bastille Day etc etc........

Funny enough, I put up "Happy St George's Day message with a YT link to "Jerusalem" and didn't get a ban.
So i'm not quite sure why FB have such a bee in their bonnet about someone posting a "Proud to be English" banner?
I'm tempted to post a "Proud to be French on Bastille Day" and see if they give me a 30 day ban.

They have conflated the image with far-right racist groups,george cross = skinheads,bad teeth,chavs etc...

Might actually have been some AI algorithm that generated the strike.Facebook like to claim that each case is examined on it's merit but with so much traffic passing,I'm pretty sure the entire process/decision is automated using a set of Facebook diktats

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:07 pm
Of course not.

They have conflated the image with far-right racist groups,george cross = skinheads,bad teeth,chavs etc...

Might actually have been some AI algorithm that generated the strike.Facebook like to claim that each case is examined on it's merit but with so much traffic passing,I'm pretty sure the entire process/decision is automated using a set of Facebook diktats
I'd tend to agree with that. The font, the speers, the word 'proud'. I bet that was all no context red flag bait.
Though I doubt an appeal to a real person would help, because most people are pretty fucking clueless these days anyway.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

'Proud to be English' written in a Germanic Gothic font :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Would have banned the cunt myself if i ran FB...!!.... ;) ;) ;) )

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:07 pm
Of course not.

.....that would be one hell of a coincidence if the algorithm only picks up the word "English" in it's sweep?
Let's see what happens on other national days when millions post "Proud to be XXXXXX".
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

Of course not.

It’s a ridiculous ban Tone. I’d love to see what happens if you do try the bastille day one
COYI!!!