Avacados

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Oziron
Director of Avatars

Re: Avacados

Post by Oziron »

Mikeveep wrote:
Taansend wrote:
The avocado farmers strike in Mexico is causing problems, mate.

They've gone up from 99 cents to $1,49 each in the last few months.

This strike is not a problem,it's a solution to a problem

A quality Avocado is well worth a dollar and a half. Some things are just too cheap in Supermarkets and more money should be going back to the producers. Pineapples are a £ in Tesco's ! I'm not a Marxist but a fair price for a luxury item will lead to a fairer distribution of wealth.
Cheap food is good for the poor comrade.......

Post by 1001 »

Mikeveep wrote:
Taansend wrote:
The avocado farmers strike in Mexico is causing problems, mate.

They've gone up from 99 cents to $1,49 each in the last few months.

A quality Avocado is well worth a dollar and a half. Some things are just too cheap in Supermarkets and more money should be going back to the producers. Pineapples are a £ in Tesco's ! I'm not a Marxist but a fair price for a luxury item will lead to a fairer distribution of wealth.
Couldn't agree more but what I was referring to in the first instance was the effect of avocado cultivation in exacerbating California's drought problems. Its natural growing environment is actually tropical; it takes 72 gallons of water to grow a pound of the buggers. But demand-led production continues to increase dramatically.
The only West Ham fan in the village...

Post by 1001 »

Oziron wrote:
Mikeveep wrote:

Cheap food is good for the poor comrade.......
Must disagree, Comrade Oz. Cheap food means low wages and increased poverty.
Reduce rents and fuel costs though, and I might call off the revolution.
The only West Ham fan in the village...

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

1001 wrote:
Mikeveep wrote:

Couldn't agree more but what I was referring to in the first instance was the effect of avocado cultivation in exacerbating California's drought problems. Its natural growing environment is actually tropical; it takes 72 gallons of water to grow a pound of the buggers. But demand-led production continues to increase dramatically.
If I stay in America I might he moving back to California in two years so I'll fucking well fix that situation then.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Going to eat one right now!!!