America burns

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: America burns

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

In all the past years of industrial action, major strikes and mass layoffs for workers in all industries the theatre,music arts and hospitality sector have gone merrily on their way not giving a fuck and raking in all they can.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

The last job I had was in retail for a company that dealt in “Entertainment” .
Mainly DJ equipment.
Speakers , mixers , mics , staging , all sorts of electronics .

First Lockdown ? The one that put tens of thousands out of work ?
My Guvnor immediately took stock of Television’s, all sorts of cheapo Chinese video and streaming equipment ,
Cheap shit knock off guitars 🎸 for the Hank Marvin wannabes, kids toys ffs , the list goes on .

It all FLEW out of the warehouse like you wouldn’t believe , business improved 20 fold and we couldn’t keep up with demand .

It’s called Free Enterprise, opportunism.

And ANYONE can do it and would given the opportunity.

It’s those making money from others misfortune that’s a bit distasteful and immoral .

But we’d all do it so stop fucking moaning Tel :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

It's a Wealthy/Rich/Successful Businessman/Womans JOB to make Money......They then reinvest in Present and New
Businesses...who employ more people to pay more Taxes.....Simplified version.... :lol:

The money the Seriously wealthy give to Charitable work is Staggering......this is without the Direct And Indirect taxes they pay...

https://www.learningtogive.org/resources/giving-pledge

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

jameskel wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:50 am Thanks Tel

When I google, I also find out, that lots of woman like BBC and that the twin towers was organised by George Bush.

My question to you, was no legitimate business, those listed, were just making the most of a situation. Not sure, what point you are trying to make, money has always gone to money.
I don't disagree with that.

I bet the MPs have made a few quid out of it though. None of them.will be out of pocket..Family and close friends being given Covid contracts.

Whatever happens,it will be the normal working class that will suffer in the long run James.