Stalis, Crete

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
hamstew

Stalis, Crete

Post by hamstew »

Has anyone ever been to Stalis in Crete, we know it's quieter than Malia and Hersonissos and pretty sure the weather is still very nice and warm at this time of year.

Is there plenty of nice restaurants/nightlife around
and what are the beaches like and the scenery? How far is Knossos palace? And is it possible to get a ferry across to Santorini for a day trip and what kind of cost are we looking at? So any information on other things to do or tips you can give us would be very much appreciated, as me and the missus are going tomorrow for 12 days.

Cheers.

Taansend

Re: Stalis, Crete

Post by Taansend »

hamstew wrote:Has anyone ever been to Stalis in Crete, we know it's quieter than Malia and Hersonissos and pretty sure the weather is still very nice and warm at this time of year.

and what are the beaches like and the scenery? How far is Knossos palace? And is it possible to get a ferry across to Santorini for a day trip and what kind of cost are we looking at? So any information on other things to do or tips you can give us would be very much appreciated, as me and the missus are going tomorrow for 12 days.

Cheers.
I dont think think you've asked enough questions, mate.

What's the average height of adults aged between 35-50.

Is their diet Atkins friendly?

What's the most common surname in the neighbourhood?

How many spieces of wildlife reside in the region?

Noni

Post by Noni »

I've been there. It,s a nice place!... Crete is a very small island, so if you hire a car it will take you a day to travel most of it. You won't be disappointed! :)

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hamstew wrote:Has anyone ever been to Stalis in Crete, we know it's quieter than Malia and Hersonissos and pretty sure the weather is still very nice and warm at this time of year.

Cheers.
Look mate, we're at home next week so go down with a touch of ecoli or something of that ilk. Send the Mrs on her way with a mate and wish her God speed and have a nice time.
Priorities mate, priorities, Hammers first.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.