Our NHS

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

Our NHS

Post by BillyDWhizz »

So, on Thursday the 15th of April at around 5.10pm young Billy, whilst mooching around in the garden laying some nice new decking went and had a fucking heart attack. I can tell you now - It's absolutely no fun whatsoever.

Luckily, Mrs Whizz was a nurse in a past life and immediately went in to full on nursie mode and had me calmed and quiet whilst doing her best to alleviate the feelings of impending doom as I lay sweating, in pain and all pins and needly on the couch.

Around 25 mins or so later the brilliant Paramedics arrived - had me hooked up to an ekg machine and had not only diagnosed my heart attack but had already forwarded all the necessary info to the hospital via satellite or some other such magic. Thirty minutes later I'm being wheeled out of the ambulance in to the cardiac centre of Glan Clwyd hospital and then in to a lab that basically looked like a medical bay from a big budget sci-fi movie.

They squirted some unpleasant feeling goop (dye) in to me and after a couple of minutes had identified the problem and 10 mins later after that had repaired it. Thanks to a combination of an uber skilful cardiologist, his team and some truly mind boggling technology, Billy was sitting up in a hospital bed supping tea and eating a biscuit by about 7.45pm that evening.

Now, the point of this post is not to garner sympathy for myself but to exalt the virtues of our beloved and oft maligned NHS and it's staff. For without them, their dedication and professionalism there's a good chance there would have been no more Billy to keep you bunch of whining tosspots honest! :D

In all seriousness though chaps the NHS for all it's (mostly administrative and budgetary) faults is a gem that needs looking after, so I implore you all, if there's a local fundraising effort, blood drive or any such hospital related event, rather than just walking past or unconsciously ignoring it, take a bit of your time, effort and hard earnt to support it. I like a lot of other people am highly guilty of taking the NHS for granted but boy, a medical emergency really is a big assed wake up call!

And as a footnote - look after yourselves people, I don't smoke nor do I drink very often but my kryptonite was crisps, chocolate and pasties late at night added to a sedentary lifestyle, albeit caused a bit by a year of lockdown but I'm not as fit as I should've been and me old ticker decided it was time to let me know to stop fucking about with my health. If by reading this even one of you decides to walk more often , eat a bit healthier and look after yourselves a tiny bit better, I'll get a warm fuzzy feeling all over!! :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Re: Our NHS

Post by JayK »

Sorry to hear of the heart attack Billy but boy, how amazing are the NHS and their speed of analysing, locating and repairing of the naughty bit.
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Great Post Bill...Really glad your good mate..

Summed it up well as well,l Staff are amazing..Tech is incredible....but "Some" of the admin and data systems cause so many other
problems....It's all backed up by the Staff themselves,you point stuff out to them that could be and should be improved,and it's
a......"Tell me about it" "yeah we know" response.
Bloody Frustrating at times.

You take care mate,rest up,make the most, let Her Indoors spoil you for a bit..... :D

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Glad you're ok fella.
When I had my op, they were marvellous. Sorted me out no problem.
I'm now fully recovered and back on drain fluid and weed killer.

Take care mate.
BB.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.