Wisconsin

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Wisconsin

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:58 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:32 am
Is it the home of the Green Bay Packers ? and did not Rod Steward sing what made Milwaukee famous made a loser out of me...and who was Milwaukee, did she die in vain
I'm guessing that Mr McStewart's song is a reference to the brewing industry in Milwaukee. Aren't the words of the song something like what made Milwaukee famous has made a loser out of me ? Suggesting he is blaming the demon drink for turning him into a mumbling, stumbling alky. ;)
That is probably the essence of that lyric. Stewart did like to sing about booze and birds. He kept the train sets out of his songs being commercially sensible, with the exception of downtown-train

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:28 am
Flairon wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:27 pm

It is indeed the home of the Green Bay Packers. As to?Rod Stewart I do not know.

It is awfully white here. I am staying in a place called Two?Rivers whilst working in Manitowoc on Lake Michigan.

It appears to be very pro Trump with the election was rigged and Twitter is communist signs.

I have not seen any black people and only 8 Asians (4 9f them were in the Chinese take?away. 😝
That is twice you have said 'It is awfully white here'.

Serious questions : Why do you find it so awful that all the people there are white ? Is skin colour the first thing you judge people on ?
Do you really need some other ethic background people to feel comfortable ?
In answer to your question I should perhaps mention that I was born and bred in London. I currently reside in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Both cities are multi-cultural. It is?what I am used to.

It is therefore quite natural to notice when the demographic is markedly different to what you?are familiar with. Note also that my observation was about the place, not the people who live here! So no, I do not judge people by their color.

At?what point did I mention that I was uncomfortable!?! Tbh, I find that question somewhat asinine.
Flairon

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:29 pm
h69 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:28 am

That is twice you have said 'It is awfully white here'.

Serious questions : Why do you find it so awful that all the people there are white ? Is skin colour the first thing you judge people on ?
Do you really need some other ethic background people to feel comfortable ?
In answer to your question I should perhaps mention that I was born and bred in London. I currently reside in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Both cities are multi-cultural. It is?what I am used to.

It is therefore quite natural to notice when the demographic is markedly different to what you?are familiar with. Note also that my observation was about the place, not the people who live here! So no, I do not judge people by their color.

At?what point did I mention that I was uncomfortable!?! Tbh, I find that question somewhat asinine.
It was more the use of the words 'awfully' white. I hope you meant 'very' rather than it being a negative thing.

I can only imagine what would happen if I said 'it is awfully black round here' about London. There would be benefit dodgers and Labour MPs immediately out kneeling, demanding action and acting like cunts before I could take a breath.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

h69 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm

It was more the use of the words 'awfully' white. I hope you meant 'very' rather than it being a negative thing.

I can only imagine what would happen if I said 'it is awfully black round here' about London. There would be benefit dodgers and Labour MPs immediately out kneeling, demanding action and acting like cunts before I could take a breath.
Awfully virtue signaling would be worse
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

You are awful but I like you..... 😋
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I used awfully in place of very or extremely.
Flairon

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Flairon wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:04 pm

I used awfully in place of very or extremely.
Funny word....."She's Awful Beautiful"................"She's fuckin Awful"...... but you could go "She's fuckin awfully Beautiful"..... :lol:

Awful failure to Awfully good attempt...

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Aye lad.
Flairon