Ramping Up Project Fear

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Ramping Up Project Fear

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 am
JayK wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:38 am

Just outta curiosity mate, what is it about Egypt that makes you wanna keep going back? Is it the snorkelling, fishing, food, people, strip clubs, freedom to behead whoever pisses you off?

And with regards your post, yep, government are cunts
Been once.

It was shyte. Wouldn't go back if you paid me.

But I do get the attraction of familiarity if you've had a decent holiday there.

My parents went to the same hotel in Torquay for years although we never saw any beheadings.

Every day we'd go to the tourist place. 'Any beheadings today ?'

'No. Boat trips on the bay. River Dart cruise. Babbacombe Village. No beheadings though'.
:lol:
Was it Fawlty Towers?
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:48 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:05 am

None of the above.

Newmarket runs a pyramid sales scam.
I'll get my coat.
People joke about the Sahara desert but it's just dry humour - and those that pretend not to like it are just living in de-nile
🤦🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:58 am
palerider wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 am

Been once.

It was shyte. Wouldn't go back if you paid me.

But I do get the attraction of familiarity if you've had a decent holiday there.

My parents went to the same hotel in Torquay for years although we never saw any beheadings.

Every day we'd go to the tourist place. 'Any beheadings today ?'

'No. Boat trips on the bay. River Dart cruise. Babbacombe Village. No beheadings though'.
Was it Fawlty Towers?
I can't remember the name of it but I remember it being nice and the food was good. We watched the 1966 final there with a load of Jocks, although they were quite gracious. We had a stroll by the marina that night and we threw an African chap in as a celebration. Harmless fun in those days even though he got mangled a bit by a propeller.

I was upset about the beheadings though as my Dad had promised me. You always remember those little things.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:04 am
JayK wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:58 am

Was it Fawlty Towers?
I can't remember the name of it but I remember it being nice and the food was good. We watched the 1966 final there with a load of Jocks, although they were quite gracious. We had a stroll by the marina that night and we threw an African chap in as a celebration. Harmless fun in those days even though he got mangled a bit by a propeller.

I was upset about the beheadings though as my Dad had promised me. You always remember those little things.
Wish I’d been around for that World Cup but then again I’d be old now. Tough one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: At the rest
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:33 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:14 pm The Flu Viruses that come and go are understood,controllable and contained as much as poss anyway...
Covid is a New Virus,we are still learning,how it mutates and evolves...there's a difference...And
Sorry but Anyone that compares Covid to a cold or being Flu Like,you just dont understand what Covid actually is..
How it works and differs to what we are used to in UK,Europe and most of the world.

There is no project fear...because of the unknown factor of Covid the Government have decided to keep us informed
to every twist and turn...new Variants,areas of concern..Jabs etc...yes been some PC shit,but what can you do...the world we
live in now unfortunately.

The Negative,scaremongering shit...call it what you want, has come from the Press/Media side of things...but as much as
they piss me off at times,haven't been to bad with it....depends how you read and see it...
Bad news is just that,Bad news...doesn't mean they are trying to scare the crap outta people.

There's people that only deal in negativity or anti everything stuff..that stops them seeing the facts and truth....

Some of the Conspiracy Tripe...seriously it's fuckin embarrassing ....
I’m not intentionally taking sides here but there’s not a word of what you just posted that I agree with .

Not a word .

Project fear keeps the majority compliant and self-abasing

I’m surprised your the only one on this board that believes the crap that you just posted tbh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TBH mate do find it interesting I do seem to be pretty much on my jack on here with all this....it's no problem...
Worrying ,Slightly....
We can Argue,disagree,discuss....politics,footie,economies,all sorts of things...that's opinions..But ..
The stuff on this is fact...it's not up for Disagreements...Disagree on the Management of it maybe,or like I said
just a general tendency of The Tory Hating Blame game,ulterior motive thing,that clouds the actual facts of something..

What I posted is not Crap...There IS a difference between Flu And Covid a difference People that know better than me and
you are still studying.
What you conspiracy types call Project Fear.....is as I see it ,Warning people to don't fuck with this thing,don't take it
for granted you'll be safe...this is new we don't know how to handle it yet....is it Project fear to tell our children...
Don't run into the road or you'll be run over and killed,we warn them to protect them.
And Bad news IS bad News.... sugar coating is not the way to go on this.....we're not telling our kid their dead pet
rabbit has gone to a non existent bunny heaven.

By the way I would have 95% of public agreeing and understanding my posts...so whos right and whos wrong.... :D

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:39 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Cases of Covid mean Fuck all...... :lol: you can't make this shit up....
Apparently we now have before us, the new Indian PLus variant. Think of Nurofen and then think of Nurofen Plus. It's clever marketing - but will it fly off the shelves.

I think the Indian variant has had enough news space now and anyway if we call a spade a spade,it's the Hounslow variant or 4B Acacia Drive,Hounslow, but that's a bit of a mouthful plus some people will get all pedantic and say, it's 4C not 4B.

Of course we could just say it's the Middlesx variant but Middlesex no longer exists (it's boundaries have been rubbed out) so geographically using Google maps it's not helpful.

So going further and widening our outlooks, the Police could say there is zero crime in Middlesex and they would be right. Which is probably why Twickenham is such a nice place to live these days...however it's only 3 miles to 4B Acacia Drive...
It's not Marketing BD...it's an identified new Variant...TBH not sure why it has the Plus tag....I spose some variants are
more closely linked....
It's popping up in Europe and other parts of world now...I'd guess the same new Variant can form independently...
You Can make the same cake in France as you can here with the same ingredients....you wouldn't need the same packet
of flour etc if you get my drift.
But however it got here and passed around...it's here and we take the usual precautions...

Middlesex no longer Exists...... :shock: way the cricket team are at moment,you might be right... :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Ironworksfc wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:21 pm
mkhammer wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Cases of Covid mean Fuck all...... :lol: you can't make this shit up....
What you can't make up is how stupidly compliant to the bullshit your beloved non conservative Tories keep pumping out, to keep you good little sheep compliant.

What you can't make up is that I believe you looked at the statistics and the only response you can come back with is cases, what was the percentage of deaths vs cases? Recording that someone had a sniffle means fuck all.

Did you happen to notice the deaths per million figure maybe? Oh to help you out, it's lower than ours

Did you happen to notice the amount of deaths in the last 7 days? I'll help you out again it's zero.

And add in your cases statistic, did you happen to notice how many cases in the last 7 days? Guess what is zero.

Total cases means fuck all, deaths is what matters and Sweden did not pointlessly lockdown and now zero's across the board, this is what herd immunity looks like.

I'm sure you won't be able to wrap your head around that, you only seen to be able to repeat the government rhetoric.
7 Days...... :lol: is that all you got...go back the 7days before that, the 7 days before that and so on,trace it's ups
and downs,the movement....how some counties are ahead or behind infection curves,and why........THINK...Use It....

Each Country has it's own infrastructure... had it's different amount of initial infections...how many traveled between
Sweden and China....Christmas/New year 2019/20 compared to the UK....there's lots of stats, fucking tons you
need to use to get even a basic understanding of it...

You just wanna be able to go to the Boozer...thats your priority and your problem....you just dont give a fuck...
I do........

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:10 am So it’s our government. Cunts.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.arab ... 882646/amp
Just outta curiosity mate, what is it about Egypt that makes you wanna keep going back? Is it the snorkelling, fishing, food, people, strip clubs, freedom to behead whoever pisses you off?

Don’t take any notice of Palerider . He’s a Cunt that sleeps with Asian Quadrupeds ffs …
AND he went to Grammar School so will like a bit of Backdoor action by default.

In answer to your question Jay , all of the above plus the Hotels are like Palaces and I get treated like a King for 3 weeks every year .
For value you can’t beat it .

West Indies next year (apparently) but twice the dosh.

Unless we still have a Tory Government of course.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:12 pm

Don’t take any notice of Palerider . He’s a Cunt that sleeps with Asian Quadrupeds ffs …
AND he went to Grammar School so will like a bit of Backdoor action by default.

In answer to your question Jay , all of the above plus the Hotels are like Palaces and I get treated like a King for 3 weeks every year .
For value you can’t beat it .

West Indies next year (apparently) but twice the dosh.

Unless we still have a Tory Government of course.
:lol: :lol:

Sounds great mate. I will give it a try one year. Personally love the Caribbean. You won’t get treated like a king out there but fuck me you’ll def feel relaxed…..and that’s without the local herbal recreational stuff
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:13 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:39 pm
Apparently we now have before us, the new Indian PLus variant. Think of Nurofen and then think of Nurofen Plus. It's clever marketing - but will it fly off the shelves.

I think the Indian variant has had enough news space now and anyway if we call a spade a spade,it's the Hounslow variant or 4B Acacia Drive,Hounslow, but that's a bit of a mouthful plus some people will get all pedantic and say, it's 4C not 4B.

Of course we could just say it's the Middlesx variant but Middlesex no longer exists (it's boundaries have been rubbed out) so geographically using Google maps it's not helpful.

So going further and widening our outlooks, the Police could say there is zero crime in Middlesex and they would be right. Which is probably why Twickenham is such a nice place to live these days...however it's only 3 miles to 4B Acacia Drive...
It's not Marketing BD...it's an identified new Variant...TBH not sure why it has the Plus tag....I spose some variants are
more closely linked....
It's popping up in Europe and other parts of world now...I'd guess the same new Variant can form independently...
You Can make the same cake in France as you can here with the same ingredients....you wouldn't need the same packet
of flour etc if you get my drift.
But however it got here and passed around...it's here and we take the usual precautions...

Middlesex no longer Exists...... :shock: way the cricket team are at moment,you might be right... :lol:
I was being (unusually for moi) truculently faecetious, basically riffing off the absurdity of rebranding virus location names with greek alphabet names.

So the idea of a Delta Plus variant, means it's the sister/brother of the bog standard Delta variant. Which itself is the sister/brother of the UK Kent variant, strangely named 'Alpha'. And we will come to that.

It's not that confusing if we keep to the location names but does become bollocks when we fuss about worrying, that certain words might be unacceptable or controversial to peculiar types who actively seek to be offended.

So having made the claim it's bollocks,can we back it up. Well just take the 'Alpha' named variant which is the Kent, Uk variant. Alpha is the first letter, so can we assume that was the first. Certainly not, because we have memories and the first reported C19 identification was in the city of Wuhan in China.

Therefore using logic and I think we should here, the UK (Kent) variant being the second identified and named virus variant should be named 'Beta', because the Chinese one (unnamed unless we want to go with SARS-COV-2) should be named 'Alpha'.

Hence we can see that the naming conventions follow a selective process which is more akin to marketing than just calling a spade a spade.

Now I like a laugh as much as the next man and unlike the next man, I would not be adverse to naming viruses after serial killers - the Rose West mutation has quite a ominous take care,watch out,deterrent feel about it - whereas plain old dreary 'Alpha' conjures up a snooze at the back of the maths class.

In the end it's all greek to me...