Ramping Up Project Fear

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Ramping Up Project Fear

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:59 am
palerider wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:12 am

BJ is governed by the science don't ya know.

When Whitty and Vallance, the Chuckle Brothers of the boffin world tell him they don't want to go back into the dreary box of not being in the limelight, he listens. In short they are the Mike Deans of Medicine.

The Delta variant. (We have to call it that as the Indian variant is racist), is a global killer. Look at the chaos it's caused on the sub-continent where thousands of un-vaccinated locals living cheek by jowl have croaked. It would be the same here if left unchecked. At least one person who's had both jabs may get a mild cough. We cannot take that risk.

So I'm all for the delay to Freedom Day and if I had my way I'd lock us down indefinitely, which was BJ's plan all along God bless him.

And in 2024 I know damn well where my vote will go.
It seems the great Professor has now gone on record to say that we may have to vaccinate schoolkids to stop Covid wreaking further havoc. But first we have to ensure everyone over 18 is jabbed.

Now I am no scientist but am I not correct in thinking that schoolkids seem to have been totally immune from this thing ? OK I know they can catch it and therefore pass it on, but they don't seem to suffer any ill effects. Nor, if we are to believe the good Professor's own "statistical models" which he keeps trumpeting about, do healthy people under 50, most if not all of whom have already been offered, and taken up the offer, of their jabs.

The "dreary box", as you put it, seems a very apt description.
A four week postponent. We can thank our chums in Hounslow, who took it on themselves to return to India to splash about and frolic in the Ganges river and wiggle their toes on home soil - freedom of a sort.

Then it was return to Hounslow and visit chums and share stories and experiences while ,laughing and mixing and eating and laughing, All in a happy close-together mask free environment. And no returning quarrantine needed for these peeps.

They very much are on the side of the Angels...except of course, angels are usually dead people, aren't they...

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:42 am

It seems the great Professor has now gone on record to say that we may have to vaccinate schoolkids to stop Covid wreaking further havoc. But first we have to ensure everyone over 18 is jabbed.

Now I am no scientist but am I not correct in thinking that schoolkids seem to have been totally immune from this thing ? OK I know they can catch it and therefore pass it on, but they don't seem to suffer any ill effects. Nor, if we are to believe the good Professor's own "statistical models" which he keeps trumpeting about, do healthy people under 50, most if not all of whom have already been offered, and taken up the offer, of their jabs.

A four week postponent. We can thank our chums in Hounslow, who took it on themselves to return to India to splash about and frolic in the Ganges river and wiggle their toes on home soil - freedom of a sort.

Then it was return to Hounslow and visit chums and share stories and experiences while ,laughing and mixing and eating and laughing, All in a happy close-together mask free environment. And no returning quarrantine needed for these peeps.

They very much are on the side of the Angels...except of course, angels are usually dead people, aren't they...
I saw the map today showing the Indian variant hot spots. The usual suspects were there. The North, Hounslow, West Midlands. But also Bedford.

I did some checking. In the 2001 census, 30% of the population of Bedford were of Italian/British descent. By 2011 it had changed to 15% Asian/British. Italian/British no longer on the list.

Now, far be it from me to make assumptions. And BJ obviously hasn't by letting thousands return from the Raj without quarantine for three crucial weeks, purely coincidental with trade talks with Narendra Modi taking place at the same time. But are we missing something ?

As the late great Bernard Manning once said.

'I've been getting stick for telling Irish gags so I'm knocking that on the head. Put your hand up if there are any Azerbaijanis in the audience'

'Not one. Fookin' great'

'So this Azerbaijani bloke turns to his Azerbaijani mate and says 'Hey Paddy' '

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Bloody cow worshippers. I hope they get sikh. Very sikh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:01 am

I saw the map today showing the Indian variant hot spots. The usual suspects were there. The North, Hounslow, West Midlands. But also Bedford.

I did some checking. In the 2001 census, 30% of the population of Bedford were of Italian/British descent. By 2011 it had changed to 15% Asian/British. Italian/British no longer on the list.

Now, far be it from me to make assumptions. And BJ obviously hasn't by letting thousands return from the Raj without quarantine for three crucial weeks, purely coincidental with trade talks with Narendra Modi taking place at the same time. But are we missing something ?

As the late great Bernard Manning once said.

'I've been getting stick for telling Irish gags so I'm knocking that on the head. Put your hand up if there are any Azerbaijanis in the audience'

'Not one. Fookin' great'

'So this Azerbaijani bloke turns to his Azerbaijani mate and says 'Hey Paddy' '
On a serious note. Surely one is either Italian, if born in Italy, or British, if born in Britain. This obsession with lumping people into little boxes really is very silly is it not ? Asian/British FFS. Is it maybe a case of wanting a kind of selective equality ? From a West Ham perspective I read somewhere the other day that the dwarf is half Jewish. How can someone be half Jewish FFS. Half the skin left perhaps ? Or maybe allowed to eat pork providing he switches the lights out before tucking in.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:10 pm Boris and the Tories have fucked this right up......

They thought by now the country would be be totally on it's knees...Economy well and truly fucked,inflation at 120%,
unemployment at 6 Million,Riots on the streets....No Toilet rolls whatsoever...bread £7 a loaf....Rats eating the dead
in Care Homes..Hospitals Closed....

They gonna keep on having Lockdowns till London and all Major Cities are Burning,so they can introduce a Police State...
So Buckle in.......

There's People that ACTUALLY believe all that...Jesus Christ........ :lol: :lol:

When Whitty and Vallance, the Chuckle Brothers of the boffin world tell him they don't want to go back into the dreary box of not being in the limelight, he listens. In short they are the Mike Deans of Medicine.

The Delta variant. (We have to call it that as the Indian variant is racist), is a global killer. Look at the chaos it's caused on the sub-continent where thousands of un-vaccinated locals living cheek by jowl have croaked. It would be the same here if left unchecked. At least one person who's had both jabs may get a mild cough. We cannot take that risk.

So I'm all for the delay to Freedom Day and if I had my way I'd lock us down indefinitely, which was BJ's plan all along God bless him.

Can't tell if any or what of that was tongue in cheek mate... :D ..But....
Absolutely he should be governed by the science mate, he's a politician not a virologist ...he is making decisions that goes
totally against any Tory Principles,on the say of Experts,I know you don't like or trust them ,but they know more about this
stuff than you, me, and Boris,Every MP,Backers and Moaners,across the house...The General Public..Press/Media...they've
spent their lifetimes studying this shit.We have to trust them.
But to be Honest,now we've all got to understand it more...Pure Logic Is setting in,it's pretty straight forward...
If Not for this new Variant...we were good to go...but it's here, so we keep things tight for a while longer till we get the
youngsters jabbed up...who will in the main will not be to troubled by it...but they could start to pass it on to older
loved ones,especially it cracks on the way it is at moment.....The small,very small minority that are choosing not to
be jabbed are contributing to the problem....if everyone was jabbed up,maybe poss to take a different course of action.

Personally think we have it under.....Concern for me is ,the D Variant spreading across Europe,we seem to have got
ourselves ahead of the Curve.....so we get the D variant under in 4/6 weeks or so,will it start kicking off around Europe,
and we'll have to put extra quarantine measures in or even stop travel,till they get it under as well..
We'll Sort it, but lots of problems still lie ahead nonetheless....
Main thing is as from July we can start to treat it like a Bad Flu...and not let it fuck our lives up,we've done the hard work,
time to crack on with normality.

Side Note...Didn't want Boris as Tory Leader,Don't dislike him..But as Leader Thought no...But has won me over,can't
imagine what a shit time he has been tho...After Churchill,must be the most difficult time to be a PM,he's done OK..
But...Opinions and all that...

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Are people actually clear what a vaccine is and what is supposed to do?

For clarity, her is the definition;

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Now the covid "vaccine" either protects you or it doesn't. What possible reasons could there be to administer it to those who have a greater than 99.9% survival rate if the vulnerable are already protected?

If it doesn't protect from the Indian variant, why do the young need the current "vaccine" as nobody is protected from the variant?
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Post by 9898 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:00 pm Are people actually clear what a vaccine is and what is supposed to do?

For clarity, her is the definition;

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

Now the covid "vaccine" either protects you or it doesn't. What possible reasons could there be to administer it to those who have a greater than 99.9% survival rate if the vulnerable are already protected?

If it doesn't protect from the Indian variant, why do the young need the current "vaccine" as nobody is protected from the variant?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:22 am

But to be Honest,now we've all got to understand it more...Pure Logic Is setting in,it's pretty straight forward...
If Not for this new Variant...we were good to go...but it's here, so we keep things tight for a while longer till we get the
youngsters jabbed up...who will in the main will not be to troubled by it...but they could start to pass it on to older
loved ones,especially it cracks on the way it is at moment.....The small,very small minority that are choosing not to
be jabbed are contributing to the problem....if everyone was jabbed up,maybe poss to take a different course of action.

Personally think we have it under.....Concern for me is ,the D Variant spreading across Europe,we seem to have got
ourselves ahead of the Curve.....so we get the D variant under in 4/6 weeks or so,will it start kicking off around Europe,
and we'll have to put extra quarantine measures in or even stop travel,till they get it under as well..
Main thing is as from July we can start to treat it like a Bad Flu...and not let it fuck our lives up,we've done the hard work,

Side Note...Didn't want Boris as Tory Leader,Don't dislike him..But as Leader Thought no...But has won me over,can't
imagine what a shit time he has been tho...After Churchill,must be the most difficult time to be a PM,he's done OK..
Your take on this has been pretty consistent from day one and I totally agree with you that political issues shouldn't get involved any which way. But to take your points in isolation let's look at the cold logic behind them.

"Keep it tight until we get the youngsters jabbed up". Why ? Youngsters, whilst they can transmit the disease are according to the known data not affected, at least seriously, by it. And the "loved ones" in the so called vulnerable groups to whom they can pass the disease will have received their jabs already. Heartless as it may sound my personal view is that anyone who has declined to be vaccinated and is in the vulnerable category should not expect the rest of us to suffer loss of freedoms or livelihoods because of them.

New variants ? Data seems to suggest the Delta one spreads faster but is no more or less harmful than it's brothers and sisters. So if we are being governed by scientific evidence there is nothing to suggest it is any more dangerous. It seems vaccines work against it just as effectively. I would even hazard a guess and suggest the "speed" of transmission of the "Indian variant" may, in any case, have as much to do with the lifestyle and family group structures of the ethnic groups mostly affected than it has to do with the virus itself. Of course that is just a personal thought which isn't backed up scientifically. However I do suspect that if it could be, in the interests of political correctness such information would probably be withheld from the masses.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:14 pm

Your take on this has been pretty consistent from day one and I totally agree with you that political issues shouldn't get involved any which way. But to take your points in isolation let's look at the cold logic behind them.

"Keep it tight until we get the youngsters jabbed up". Why ? Youngsters, whilst they can transmit the disease are according to the known data not affected, at least seriously, by it. And the "loved ones" in the so called vulnerable groups to whom they can pass the disease will have received their jabs already. Heartless as it may sound my personal view is that anyone who has declined to be vaccinated and is in the vulnerable category should not expect the rest of us to suffer loss of freedoms or livelihoods because of them.

New variants ? Data seems to suggest the Delta one spreads faster but is no more or less harmful than it's brothers and sisters. So if we are being governed by scientific evidence there is nothing to suggest it is any more dangerous. It seems vaccines work against it just as effectively. I would even hazard a guess and suggest the "speed" of transmission of the "Indian variant" may, in any case, have as much to do with the lifestyle and family group structures of the ethnic groups mostly affected than it has to do with the virus itself. Of course that is just a personal thought which isn't backed up scientifically. However I do suspect that if it could be, in the interests of political correctness such information would probably be withheld from the masses.
Which has been the fucking problem all along
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:14 pm

I think it is backed up scientifically, it's certainly not a philosophical question. Science is observing the physical world and a high infection rate in the Asian communities indicates it's the Asians within them. It's not a design function of the communities, which are no better or shit than any other comparable communities.

It's not a blame game, but if we are going to identify an issue, then don't feel ashamed to call a fucking spade a spade....