Energy bills.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Energy bills.

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:01 pm

Why is this country about just 2 Parties?

Because the vested interests of the 2 parties will always resist a PR voting system. Which is why even when a government has a huge majority in the house if you add up the total votes cast there are always more people who have voted against them.

And also as Winston Churchill once said the best argument against democracy is a 2 minute conversation with the average voter.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:21 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:02 am On the day our bills went up 54%.

YEP,so WE are all in this together,aren't we?

301 Tory MP's voted to cut bankers tax from 8% to 3% on profits over £25m :evil:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... ut-310513/

They are completely out of touch with reality. Let's hope the electorate will vote all them MP's out of office at the next election.
Be careful what you wish for Terry.

If you think the country's in the shit now, you ain't seen nothing yet if that oily cunt gets his feet under the table.
You are totally kidding right? There is no way on God's green earth that ANYONE could possibly do a worse job than the Tories are right now. The levels of incompetence, corruption, egocentrism and entitlement within the entirety of the Conservative Party just beggars belief.

I get it, you're a Tory voter and nothing short of Boris, dressed in a Nazi gimp suit buggering a ball gagged Jacob Rees-Mogg in front of the Queen live on GBN will change your political view - even then, a few lines of Tory spin alluding to the fact that Boris was only trying to demonstrate his support for the Neo-fascist-kleptocratic-queer community would probably be enough to get you all back onside.

I'm not digging you out here, as obviously it's totally your right to support whichever political entity you wish and I'm all for that - we do live in a 'democracy' after all.

Hell, I've voted Conservative, I've also voted Lib Dem, Welsh Labour and even Plaid Cymru in the past, as I vote for policy rather than political characters but I do wish people would take off their political blinkers sometimes.

Things are a lot more complicated than the right wing media would have you believe. It really isn't a case of Tories good, everyone else bad. I'm pretty damn sure should Labour for example ever get back in to power, that it wouldn't be the end of days scenario rags like the Daily fucking Mail would have you believe.

Just because Boris tells you he's doing a fantastic job, it really doesn't equate in the real world that he is.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:11 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:21 am

Be careful what you wish for Terry.

If you think the country's in the shit now, you ain't seen nothing yet if that oily cunt gets his feet under the table.
You are totally kidding right? There is no way on God's green earth that ANYONE could possibly do a worse job than the Tories are right now. The levels of incompetence, corruption, egocentrism and entitlement within the entirety of the Conservative Party just beggars belief.

I get it, you're a Tory voter and nothing short of Boris, dressed in a Nazi gimp suit buggering a ball gagged Jacob Rees-Mogg in front of the Queen live on GBN will change your political view - even then, a few lines of Tory spin alluding to the fact that Boris was only trying to demonstrate his support for the Neo-fascist-kleptocratic-queer community would probably be enough to get you all back onside.

I'm not digging you out here, as obviously it's totally your right to support whichever political entity you wish and I'm all for that - we do live in a 'democracy' after all.

Hell, I've voted Conservative, I've also voted Lib Dem, Welsh Labour and even Plaid Cymru in the past, as I vote for policy rather than political characters but I do wish people would take off their political blinkers sometimes.

Things are a lot more complicated than the right wing media would have you believe. It really isn't a case of Tories good, everyone else bad. I'm pretty damn sure should Labour for example ever get back in to power, that it wouldn't be the end of days scenario rags like the Daily fucking Mail would have you believe.

Just because Boris tells you he's doing a fantastic job, it really doesn't equate in the real world that he is.
Read about Roubaix near Lille Billy.

THAT's why the oily cunt getting in would be a disaster. There'd be open borders.

With who knows what cunts saying they're refugees from Kabul.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:08 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:01 pm

Why is this country about just 2 Parties?

Because the vested interests of the 2 parties will always resist a PR voting system. Which is why even when a government has a huge majority in the house if you add up the total votes cast there are always more people who have voted against them.

And also as Winston Churchill once said the best argument against democracy is a 2 minute conversation with the average voter.
Vote independent, only scenario that weakens the hold of the two major parties
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Towie

Post by Towie »

I voted Johnson and tories in, not because I thought they would do a great job. (Seen all this sleaze before with the Tory twats).

But voting for alternative Corbyn, I would rather chop my hands off.

Politics is no longer what it was, it just name calling bollocks now, fuck the public and get out of it what you can now.

Fucking scumbags the lot of them.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Towie wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:03 am I voted Johnson and tories in, not because I thought they would do a great job. (Seen all this sleaze before with the Tory twats).

But voting for alternative Corbyn, I would rather chop my hands off.

Politics is no longer what it was, it just name calling bollocks now, fuck the public and get out of it what you can now.

Fucking scumbags the lot of them.
Bojo lost his mojo when he caught the black death. And since then he's been told what to do by his stupid woke tart wife. I have a feeling though that as the price to pay for not toppling him he'll tell her to stick to the ironing and he'll survive a vote of no confidence. And a strong BJ is the Tories only hope of beating the oily cunt in 2024.

He's basically a Lib Dem with a blue tie on atm and that has to change.

h69

Post by h69 »

jameskel wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:15 am While I wou;d agree with them being out of touch, god forbid the Millionaire Labour leader gets in.

The working class man :D :D :D :D :D
But at least he was a good head of the DPP
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-08 at 19.16.53.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-08 at 19.16.53.jpeg (117.43 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:16 pm
jameskel wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:15 am While I wou;d agree with them being out of touch, god forbid the Millionaire Labour leader gets in.

The working class man :D :D :D :D :D
Wasn't the oily cunt also head of DPP during the Asian grooming gang scandals ?

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:38 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:16 pm

Wasn't the oily cunt also head of DPP during the Asian grooming gang scandals ?
Yep but you cant complain about that for fear of being accused of being racist. Naz Shah summed up their attitudes then by trying to silence the girls allegedly

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:08 pm

Vote independent, only scenario that weakens the hold of the two major parties
No it doesn't. A vote for an Independent is a vote wasted because of the two party system we have in place. I have never had any time for UKIP (why do they still exist btw) but there was one election when they polled as many total votes as the SNP. But the SNP sent over 50 MPs to Westmnster and UKIP failed to win a single seat as I recall. Utterly ludicrous and of course totally undemiocratic and not at all representative of the wishes of the electorate as a whole.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?