Energy bills.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: Energy bills.

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:30 am BB & Pale are just having a joke about the situation Ironworks,they aren't nasty people.If you don't laugh about it,you'll cry.I do see why you are unhappy though.

I think it's bloody disgusting.

This country had Austerity for 10 years before Covid came.The poorest were already suffering because of it and now this.

A government is meant to be in place to HELP it's people.but these c*nts are in it to see what they can make out of it.They continue to do so.The tories have NEVER lived in the real world..They live on a different planet from us.Rishi Sunak,our Chancellor of the Exchequer(and stinking rich with it) tried to pay for a can of coke at a petrol station the other day and had no idea how to do it?What chance have we got?

They could easy tax the oil companies or even put another 1% levy on the big companies paying tax.After all companies in UK enjoy lowest corporation taxes of major global economies,but they didn't bother.They rather have people suffer.

Let's not forget the richest/biggest companies in the world TRIPLED their wealth during the pandemic.They don't give 2 sh*ts about the likes of you and I,just has long has they are ok..
I'll be honest Terry. I don't know the answer.

I don't trust the majority of the government and think Sunak's nothing more than a posh twat. And to think he's being touted as a future PM is worrying. But the two biggest things since the 60's have hit the country one after the other. Both out of their control.

What is a fact is that we handled covid far quicker than anywhere else in the EU which saved us billions. And the response to Putin has been firm but controlled. Yet still all some leftie arsewipes moan about is a few, stupid I'll concede, parties.

How the oily toerag and the Liberal non-entities would have handled things I don't know but there isn't a magic money tree. Although Starmer thinks there is. Books sadly have to be balanced as much as possible. To spend and borrow your way out of this, which is the cunning plan of Labour would lead to a shit-show beyond all recognition a couple of years down the line.

Sure, a windfall tax. But that would solve about 2% of the debt unless you put Shell/BP out of business. And let's not forget that to ease the reliance on Putin's oil, Shell are now going to re-invest heavily in the North Sea.

So for now, much as it grieves me, the Tories are as good as it gets.

As for Ironworks, he wouldn't know a fucking joke if it smacked him in the face.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

I've not had a bath or shower for 6 months and wreak like a New Delhi latrine. But you don't hear me moaning.
I compost my own bowel movements and grow spuds, carrots etc, I've set fire to myself twice and burnt down next doors conservatory in a bid to keep warm.
Ok it's a bit parky outside but it'll pass, before you know it it'll be June and you'll be able to flaunce around in a mankini with the wind giving the veiny hotdog a much needed airing.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I’ve got a smart meter , I’m sure some of you have as well , tells you how much energy you are using etc .

It’s not the easiest for me to understand tbh what with kilajoules per hour and all that shite .

The bit I do understand though is the bit where you top it up , as you go , either online or through a card at a pay point etc and I know how much credit I have left etc .

I get paid on the 25th of each month and as soon as I get paid I put a lump sum on the Electric and also on the Gas as I know what will last until next pay day .

That is until now . I don’t get paid for another week and so far my electricity costs have gone up by about 40%.

My Gas by 80%.
And the only Gas we use is the hot water … not been near the central heating . Imagine next winter …
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

The French only went up 4% apparently. Was it high in the 1st place or are they actually being decent cheese eating surrender monkeys?
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

jameskel wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:25 am Fuck off you stupid cunt
Especially you, you backwards piece of shit
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:33 am The French only went up 4% apparently. Was it high in the 1st place or are they actually being decent cheese eating surrender monkeys?
It's because they get 70% of their energy from their nuclear plants, keeping all the two-headed babies nice and snugly.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:26 am
JayK wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:33 am The French only went up 4% apparently. Was it high in the 1st place or are they actually being decent cheese eating surrender monkeys?
It's because they get 70% of their energy from their nuclear plants, keeping all the two-headed babies nice and snugly.
Well check those froggies out. Not completely useless after all. Thanks for the info 👍🏽
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

As a nation of fucking soap dodgers probably helps them too.

palerider

Post by palerider »

It's certainly a huge problem.

A mate of mine I used to work with at Shell has a big house in South Benfleet. He said his bill had gone up from £180 to £460 a month. I thought he was mistaken but he assured me that was correct.

Fuck my old boots.

We're on decent Shell pensions and he can afford to pay it but there'll be millions who can't. In many cases there'll be punters with nowhere else to turn.

Joking aside, the government have to do something.

That cunt Sunak needs flaying, especially given recent revelations.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

palerider wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:45 pm It's certainly a huge problem.

A mate of mine I used to work with at Shell has a big house in South Benfleet. He said his bill had gone up from £180 to £460 a month. I thought he was mistaken but he assured me that was correct.

Fuck my old boots.

We're on decent Shell pensions and he can afford to pay it but there'll be millions who can't. In many cases there'll be punters with nowhere else to turn.

Joking aside, the government have to do something.

That cunt Sunak needs flaying, especially given recent revelations.
I love a good old joke, but not one that has such drastic impact on so many.

We are on the precipice of a major societal change, one that only the privileged will survive. I hope your mortgage is fully paid up and your pension covers the massive increases in the cost of living, the rest of us are fucked.

Hope you all like your children and grandchildren living at home for the foreseeable, whilst the majority of the nation live in dependence of the state, taking universal credit to survive.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic