Thanksgiving

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Flairon

Thanksgiving

Post by Flairon »

Happy Gobble, Gobble Day to our American Cousins and; just darn anyone who is in the spirit and has something to give thanks for.
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Re: Thanksgiving

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 pm Happy Gobble, Gobble Day to our American Cousins and; just darn anyone who is in the spirit and has something to give thanks for.
Has Joe Biden blessed and saved a turkey on the Whitehouse lawn in front of the worlds media yet ? Because that's the best bit...

happy holidays vigilantes...making america grate again

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Flairon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:25 pm Happy Gobble, Gobble Day to our American Cousins and; just darn anyone who is in the spirit and has something to give thanks for.

Happy gobble day.
I think I've just ruined my jodhpurs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:58 pm
Has Joe Biden blessed and saved a turkey on the Whitehouse lawn in front of the worlds media yet ? Because that's the best bit...

happy holidays vigilantes...making america grate again
:lol:
COYI!!!

Noni

Post by Noni »

That's what the girlfriend likes!... :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

What exactly is it that they give thanks for Flair ?

Serious question .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

I can answer that for you Tim.

It dates back to the pilgrim fathers celebrating their thanks for the first harvest in 1621 just prior to being scalped by the Mipicaquikakwee natives whose land they'd pinched.

Everyone was murdered except, funnily enough, an ancestor of mine, Bartholomew Pale who fought off 600 of the cunts shouting 'Does't thou fucking want some then ?', and after they ran off, chased them with taunts of 'Thou will never make the wigwam' armed only with an elk antler.

Bartholomew was later reprieved by King James for his courage. He had a charge hanging over him about an incident with a wild turkey in the great north woods. It was a spurious accusation anyway as he slipped while pissing against a tree and the turkey's arse just happened to be in the way.

He was made the first Mayor of Boston and it's suggested why turkey is the food of choice for Thanksgiving and why it's stuffed.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:44 am I can answer that for you Tim.

It dates back to the pilgrim fathers celebrating their thanks for the first harvest in 1621 just prior to being scalped by the Mipicaquikakwee natives whose land they'd pinched.

Everyone was murdered except, funnily enough, an ancestor of mine, Bartholomew Pale who fought off 600 of the cunts shouting 'Does't thou fucking want some then ?', and after they ran off, chased them with taunts of 'Thou will never make the wigwam' armed only with an elk antler.

Bartholomew was later reprieved by King James for his courage. He had a charge hanging over him about an incident with a wild turkey in the great north woods. It was a spurious accusation anyway as he slipped while pissing against a tree and the turkey's arse just happened to be in the way.

He was made the first Mayor of Boston and it's suggested why turkey is the food of choice for Thanksgiving and why it's stuffed.
:lol:
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Well that’s ok then :lol:

Flair ? :D
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:17 am

Well that’s ok then :lol:

Flair ? :D
After extensive research I can neither confirm or deny the veracity if Palerider's statement. It does however make for a good story and possibly a future Mel Gibson movie.

Personally, I give thanks for the season we are enjoying this far.
Flairon