The Ashes

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
tassiehammer

Re: The Ashes

Post by tassiehammer »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:02 pm

Don't know about cricket but I promise you there's no shortage of kids playing organised football, although of course the spineless fuckers who organise it shut the bloody league down last year although there was evidence that kids were totally unaffected by this covid crap. The club I coach kids at has age groups from Under 7s right up to Under 18s and there are literally hundreds of other similar clubs across the county who offer opportunities for kids to play the game. And there are even little training sessions (no actual games) for any kids not old enough to play in one of the leagues, where the youngest age group is Under 7. And it's relatively inexpensive. Our club charges just under £200 per child which includes their kit for the season, all pitch and referees fees, and training facilities (once a week). That gets them, assuming all the games are played and not "nannied off" by the covid noshers, a basic 26 league games a season and at least three cup games, one league cup, one divisional cup and one county wide cup. Which I would say is pretty good value.

Cricket's different of course because you can't play in the rain and a lot of kids might get bored with cricket because a significant part of the game is sitting around waiting to bat or poncing around waiting to chase after the ball if he's not actually bowling it.
I think BB might be talking about kids playing football in the street …. Like when we was kids ?

Or at least when I was a kid . In towns & cities .

Real times in a real world .
When not a lot of people owned cars either. We were always playing in the street but scratch someones beemer and you'd probably get stabbed these days. Funny enough we knew of a pitch where the goalposts were permanent and used to arrange matches against the kids from Carpenters rd. Kids can't even play there anymore. They built the iconic London stadium on it. :lol:
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Are you blokes doing the rapid tests over there? The England cricket team are. They lasted 2 and a bit days in Melbourne. :D :D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:13 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 pm

I think BB might be talking about kids playing football in the street …. Like when we was kids ?

Or at least when I was a kid . In towns & cities .

Real times in a real world .
When not a lot of people owned cars either. We were always playing in the street but scratch someones beemer and you'd probably get stabbed these days. Funny enough we knew of a pitch where the goalposts were permanent and used to arrange matches against the kids from Carpenters rd. Kids can't even play there anymore. They built the iconic London stadium on it. :lol:
Yep, but before many people owned cars those fucking penny farthing bikes were a pain in the butt I'd imagine. ;)

Used to play on Wanstead Flats. Occasionally the games got disrupted when a herd of cows would wander across the field. Haven't lived in Forest Gate for years but I think the cattle still roam loose around that neck of the woods.

And I bet cows still leave big piles of fucking evidence they've been there.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:37 am

Yep, but before many people owned cars those fucking penny farthing bikes were a pain in the butt I'd imagine. ;)

Used to play on Wanstead Flats. Occasionally the games got disrupted when a herd of cows would wander across the field. Haven't lived in Forest Gate for years but I think the cattle still roam loose around that neck of the woods.

We were lucky enough to have my old Primary School nearby and for the majority of the year,they kept the goals up.They were a little bit smaller than the adult goals and the pitch was smaller too..We'd climb over the fence and have some great games over there.

We also had a car park around the flats..We painted a goal on the bus Garage wall with painted Stumps for cricket in the summer...My brother painted two Hammers in the middle too..Considering it was North London,the 2 Hammers were painted everywhere round Muswel Hill..We did like a paint brush,me and my brothers. :lol:

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

That brought back some memories :D . Cow shit everywhere :) . My dad was a foreman for Tarmac and they gave him a brand new Ford transit crew cab. He hit a cow near the ponds, killed it, wrote the transit off and never drove again :)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:27 pm

That brought back some memories :D . Cow shit everywhere :) . My dad was a foreman for Tarmac and they gave him a brand new Ford transit crew cab. He hit a cow near the ponds, killed it, wrote the transit off and never drove again :)
Bull .

🤣
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:27 pm

We lived in Capel Road and one of my mates lived the opposite side of the flats. The cows never seemed to get over our side but he said it was quite common for them to look out of a window in the morning nd see one of them grazing in the garden,
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Looks like you lot will get some respite.
Attachments
12C6802F-B0B3-4B64-B74B-D5ED093A8DC6.jpeg
12C6802F-B0B3-4B64-B74B-D5ED093A8DC6.jpeg (592.27 KiB) Viewed 1044 times

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:45 pm Looks like you lot will get some respite.
Oooh a change in conditions :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Bollocks. Stewart Broad is like a caged lion apparantly, we would have won

As long as we get 2 1/2 days play, 4-0 is a given
Covid in the Boardroom