F!*&$£? Sunblock

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BillyDWhizz

F!*&$£? Sunblock

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Right, so I've just picked up a Ford C-Max for a real bargain, it's in great nick and drives superbly. The only problem is... the bloke I bought it off had young twins and they have left a series of little sunblock laced handprints on the back of the car and believe me, these fuckers just won't shift.

Anyone got a life hack to get shot of these stains without me resorting to a cutting compound? (I've tried the WD40 trick but these stains have been there a while so it didn't work.)
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Re: F!*&$£? Sunblock

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:14 pm Right, so I've just picked up a Ford C-Max for a real bargain, it's in great nick and drives superbly. The only problem is... the bloke I bought it off had young twins and they have left a series of little sunblock laced handprints on the back of the car and believe me, these fuckers just won't shift.

Anyone got a life hack to get shot of these stains without me resorting to a cutting compound? (I've tried the WD40 trick but these stains have been there a while so it didn't work.)
https://thirstyfortan.com/remove-sunscr ... erior/amp/
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:14 pm Right, so I've just picked up a Ford C-Max for a real bargain, it's in great nick and drives superbly. The only problem is... the bloke I bought it off had young twins and they have left a series of little sunblock laced handprints on the back of the car and believe me, these fuckers just won't shift.

I would start with clay baring the affected areas, then properly applying a cutting compound and finally protect the are with a quality wax
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

palerider

Post by palerider »

Simply put a large 'Extinction Rebellion' sticker over the offending area.

You'll save money on expensive stain removal products and let your neighbours know you're a cunt at the same time.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:24 am Simply put a large 'Extinction Rebellion' sticker over the offending area.

You'll save money on expensive stain removal products and let your neighbours know you're a cunt at the same time.
Hmmm... I ain't got any extinction rebellion stickers but I could get me hands on some "Vote Tory" ones. That'll have the same effect I guess...

:twisted:

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:37 pm

I would start with clay baring the affected areas, then properly applying a cutting compound and finally protect the are with a quality wax
Yeah, I was hoping to avoid doing all that but I suspect a clay bar and cutting is the only way to go - even then apparently it's not guaranteed such is the disaster that sunblock is on car paintwork.

Pro tip - after a nice day at the beach with your skid lids, amputate their fucking hands before they get anywhere near the car.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A cut and shut should solve the problem 👍🏼

Noni

Post by Noni »

I'm sure Palerider will donate one of his immigrants to clean this offended area for you! ;)

Maybe he's shy to offer you such services!..... :D