The new dawn in English cricket

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: The new dawn in English cricket

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:45 pm I think New Zealand might declare in October, give us a bit of a chance.
Out if they catch it one handed off the pavilion wall now.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:26 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:45 pm I think New Zealand might declare in October, give us a bit of a chance.
I think we need to join the fray, my learned.
My googlies are legendary and you're a dab hand with the willow.
We'll have it done and dusted by lunch, a quick wash n brush up and a night of devilish debauchery with some wenches I've had locked away for special occasions is on the cards.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:09 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:26 pm

We'll have it done and dusted by lunch, a quick wash n brush up and a night of devilish debauchery with some wenches I've had locked away for special occasions is on the cards.
I believe that you're right my learned friend.

I was legendary in my time, tickling the balls on my leg side.

I think a good session on B&Q's finest the night before and we'd be more than a match for any Kiwi oik. I've emailed the ECC to offer our services and have anticipated our selection at Headingly by booking luxury suites at Leeds Hilton that both have adjoining S&M dungeons so we can entertain the cricketing totty no doubt quite moist having watched our heroics.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:59 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:09 pm

I believe that you're right my learned friend.

I was legendary in my time, tickling the balls on my leg side.

I think a good session on B&Q's finest the night before and we'd be more than a match for any Kiwi oik. I've emailed the ECC to offer our services and have anticipated our selection at Headingly by booking luxury suites at Leeds Hilton that both have adjoining S&M dungeons so we can entertain the cricketing totty no doubt quite moist having watched our heroics.
Splendid show.
I think we'll bat first to let you reach a double ton before lunch, moving swiftly along to declare at 700 by close of play.
I'll bamboozle the savages and have them all out and following on by lunch, leaving them in complete disarray and collapsing again by Tiffin.
Then it's on to a night of back scuttling the local wenches, drinking numerous gallons of fence cleaner and finally some good old fashioned torture.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Bazball ? What a load of old tosh !

Four successive big run chases ? Beating the England record today ?

I used to love an elegant foward defensive. I'd politely clap a decisive leave outside the off stump. I'd cheer some pitch-prodding to waste time in pusuit of a rearguard action draw.

Game's gone to ratshit.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:23 pm Bazball ? What a load of old tosh !

I used to love an elegant foward defensive. I'd politely clap a decisive leave outside the off stump. I'd cheer some pitch-prodding to waste time in pusuit of a rearguard action draw.

Game's gone to ratshit.
What a turn around!

Pure Entertainment.

From being the whipping boys(one win in 17) to the Harlem Globe Trotters(4 in a row,chasing down massive totals) in a couple of months..

Well done Brendon McCullum and Stokes for changing the mentality of the players.

Bairstow and Root have been sensational.

Long may it continue.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:36 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:23 pm Bazball ? What a load of old tosh !

Game's gone to ratshit.
What a turn around!

Pure Entertainment.

From being the whipping boys(one win in 17) to the Harlem Globe Trotters(4 in a row,chasing down massive totals) in a couple of months..

Well done Brendon McCullum and Stokes for changing the mentality of the players.

Long may it continue.
I dunno tbh. Some things....If it ain't broke don't fix it.

As a lad I used to get the 169 to Cranbrook Park Ilford, the spiritual home of cricket.

A tennis ball game on the outfield before battle commenced....Seeing what Mum had put in your packed lunch....Ham sandwiches, crisps, a bit of cake. A bottle of brasso to wash it down with......

Aaah.

Halcyon days.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:34 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:36 pm

What a turn around!

Pure Entertainment.

Long may it continue.

As a lad I used to get the 169 to Cranbrook Park Ilford, the spiritual home of cricket.

A tennis ball game on the outfield before battle commenced....Seeing what Mum had put in your packed lunch....Ham sandwiches, crisps, a bit of cake. A bottle of brasso to wash it down with......

Aaah.

Halcyon days.
Are your memories fading? Surely it was the 179, as the 169 went up Ley Street and it would have been quite a long walk through Valentines Park where the cricket ground was and still is, I think you'll find! My old man always called it Cranbrook Park, no doubt as it was on Cranbrook Road. Being from Ilford Lane, I was a connoisseur of the above routes and the 193 which went to such posh places as Romford and Hornchurch, back in the day.

Going back to the cricket, did any of you ever see Keith Boyce in his prime. Saw him score well over a 100 in one session at Ilford, when apparently I'm told he was as pissed as a fart, but said he kept seeing the ball as if it was as big as a beach ball. What a cricketer he was, pretty fast opening bowler, bloody good lower order batsmen and a stunning fielder. Threw the ball faster and flatter than anyone I've ever seen - went like a proverbial rocket.

By the way some achievement by England in the last four tests, coming from behind in each test and getting 20 wickets in all 8 innings. Looking at the first posts on this thread, we all clearly saw it coming......

palerider

Post by palerider »

dorsetdano wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:25 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:34 pm

Aaah.

Halcyon days.
Are your memories fading? Surely it was the 179, as the 169 went up Ley Street and it would have been quite a long walk through Valentines Park where the cricket ground was and still is, I think you'll find! My old man always called it Cranbrook Park, no doubt as it was on Cranbrook Road. Being from Ilford Lane, I was a connoisseur of the above routes and the 193 which went to such posh places as Romford and Hornchurch, back in the day.

Going back to the cricket, did any of you ever see Keith Boyce in his prime. Saw him score well over a 100 in one session at Ilford, when apparently I'm told he was as pissed as a fart, but said he kept seeing the ball as if it was as big as a beach ball. What a cricketer he was, pretty fast opening bowler, bloody good lower order batsmen and a stunning fielder. Threw the ball faster and flatter than anyone I've ever seen - went like a proverbial rocket.

By the way some achievement by England in the last four tests, coming from behind in each test and getting 20 wickets in all 8 innings. Looking at the first posts on this thread, we all clearly saw it coming......
My memory is fucked Dan. It was Valentines Park but I'm sure it was the 169 but I concede, the years may have taken their toll.. And yes, I saw Keith Boyce in his pomp. Amazing player.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:40 am
dorsetdano wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:25 pm

My memory is fucked Dan. It was Valentines Park but I'm sure it was the 169 but I concede, the years may have taken their toll.. And yes, I saw Keith Boyce in his pomp. Amazing player.
Me too . Not sure Essex ever had a better all rounder .
Yeah it was a 179. Easy mistake to make though .
From the same bus stop as the 169 too . From outside Rodneys…. But that’s a different thread :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !