Phew what a scorcher

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Phew what a scorcher

Post by palerider »

Hot enough out in God's own county but a record-breaking 40 degrees in London next Monday by all accounts.

So some tips to help you deal with it.

Keep your windows open for ventilation and top up water for your pets on a regular basis. Despite reports to the contrary, beer is fine to drink in copious quantities to rehydrate as it's mostly water. Also, remember your 5 a day rule. This will provide the required level of nutrients the body needs to cope in extreme temperatures. To remind you, 5 portions of fruit and veg per day are needed. Potatoes are vegetables, so crisps count but I'd recommend salt and vinegar as one of your 5 bags as salt replenishes what the body emits through sweat.

Finally, if you have elderly neighbours, check on them. Heat will cause confusion so a good tip is to rummage around handbags and bedrooms for money and jewellery to allow them to have all their windows open and not worry as they'll have nothing else to steal. Possibly even relieve them of their car as in hot weather they can be a menace to themselves and other motorists as the silly old duffer in Tesco's Langport proved this morning trying to reverse into a space.

Be safe out there and be prepared.

Dr. Alan Pale MD, BS. University of Jaywick.

JayK

Re: Phew what a scorcher

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:55 pm Hot enough out in God's own county but a record-breaking 40 degrees in London next Monday by all accounts.

Keep your windows open for ventilation and top up water for your pets on a regular basis. Despite reports to the contrary, beer is fine to drink in copious quantities to rehydrate as it's mostly water. Also, remember your 5 a day rule. This will provide the required level of nutrients the body needs to cope in extreme temperatures. To remind you, 5 portions of fruit and veg per day are needed. Potatoes are vegetables, so crisps count but I'd recommend salt and vinegar as one of your 5 bags as salt replenishes what the body emits through sweat.

Finally, if you have elderly neighbours, check on them. Heat will cause confusion so a good tip is to rummage around handbags and bedrooms for money and jewellery to allow them to have all their windows open and not worry as they'll have nothing else to steal. Possibly even relieve them of their car as in hot weather they can be a menace to themselves and other motorists as the silly old duffer in Tesco's Langport proved this morning trying to reverse into a space.

Were you the silly old duffer? :lol:

And to add to your beer point, it’s not just water is it, it’s hops too, which is a plant and therefore one of your five a day. Add a few flavoured ciders and gins and that’s your 5 a day sorted
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:06 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:55 pm Hot enough out in God's own county but a record-breaking 40 degrees in London next Monday by all accounts.

And to add to your beer point, it’s not just water is it, it’s hops too, which is a plant and therefore one of your five a day. Add a few flavoured ciders and gins and that’s your 5 a day sorted
My chauffeur takes me to Tesco's Jay and sits in the Bentley right outside while I shop. But a good point about the fruit-based drinks. I should also add that the cocktail sauce for prawns has tomato in it usually so a couple more bags of prawn cocktail crisps to your 5 a day wouldn't go amiss.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:30 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:06 pm

My chauffeur takes me to Tesco's Jay and sits in the Bentley right outside while I shop. But a good point about the fruit-based drinks. I should also add that the cocktail sauce for prawns has tomato in it usually so a couple more bags of prawn cocktail crisps to your 5 a day wouldn't go amiss.
We got this healthy eating and drink nailed mate
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:11 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:30 pm
Joking aside it's getting a tad warm here now and getting worse.

Thank fuck I can shut myself off in a cool room with an estrella or 3. We're not prepared for these temperatures.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:39 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:11 pm

Thank fuck I can shut myself off in a cool room with an estrella or 3. We're not prepared for these temperatures.
Well I’ve just tested positive for the Rona so I’m looking forward to temperature rises now
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:12 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:39 pm

Well I’ve just tested positive for the Rona so I’m looking forward to temperature rises now
I recommend Inch's cider and fucking plenty of it. Getting hot hot hot here out in the wild west and tempers are rising. People swimming in the river and objecting because I've thrown their towels in with them.

They were Manure towels so I reckon I had every right.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:45 am
JayK wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:12 pm

I recommend Inch's cider and fucking plenty of it. Getting hot hot hot here out in the wild west and tempers are rising. People swimming in the river and objecting because I've thrown their towels in with them.

I’d moan too. The rivers are polluted enough
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:02 am
palerider wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:45 am

Quite right. It's in wildest Somerset so of course there are poxy Manure fans lurking in the undergrowth.

I've never seen anyone in a vermin shirt though so I guess I should be grateful for that.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:10 am
JayK wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:02 am

Quite right. It's in wildest Somerset so of course there are poxy Manure fans lurking in the undergrowth.

I've never seen anyone in a vermin shirt though so I guess I should be grateful for that.
You found a half decent place to live then mate 👍🏽
COYI!!!