Her Majesty

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Her Majesty

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:52 am My daughter lives near Windsor and took a walk to the castle to lay flowers this morning. There were thousands of tributes.

It will be so strange now. The only monarch I, and I would imagine almost all of us, have ever known.
A lovely gesture
Bless her.

Fade-and-Die

Post by Fade-and-Die »

Loved and respected the world over.

I would suggest she's possibly the only monarch across the globe who wouldn't need to be referenced by name. It wasn't necessary to say "Queen Elizabeth II" or "Queen of England", etc, she was simply THE Queen.

RIP Ma'am, your duty is done.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Well it's a strange old day ain't it.
As a kid you grow up the queen's on the box at some place, waving, meeting people etc, you don't take much notice. Adulthood comes she's still on the box, same thing really, you have your own things to do family life etc, but she's still there in the background somewhere. Middle age, old age comes along, things have happened in your life, some good, some bad, but there's Liz, older greyer, but there nonetheless. A person you'll never know, probably never meet, but you've known her, in some small way.
And then, she ain't there anymore, gone.
I'm no royalist, truth be told I wouldn't piss on most of them if they were on fire, but I'm truly saddened today.
I miss old Lizzie.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:01 pm Well it's a strange old day ain't it.
As a kid you grow up the queen's on the box at some place, waving, meeting people etc, you don't take much notice. Adulthood comes she's still on the box, same thing really, you have your own things to do family life etc, but she's still there in the background somewhere. Middle age, old age comes along, things have happened in your life, some good, some bad, but there's Liz, older greyer, but there nonetheless. A person you'll never know, probably never meet, but you've known her, in some small way.
And then, she ain't there anymore, gone.
I'm no royalist, truth be told I wouldn't piss on most of them if they were on fire, but I'm truly saddened today.
I miss old Lizzie.
Fine words my learned friend and shared by millions.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:52 am My daughter lives near Windsor and took a walk to the castle to lay flowers this morning. There were thousands of tributes.

It will be so strange now. The only monarch I, and I would imagine almost all of us, have ever known.
Yep. My mum was born in 52 so quite weird for her and anyone younger
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

I love watching all the pomp and circumstance dating back centuries and will be rooted to the sofa watching the accession today.

The Queen's beekeeper has by law, to tell the bees themselves that they now have a new monarch. Fucking great. The barmier the better imo.

There's also a law in Somerset dating back to 1389 and never repealed that upon the death of a monarch, the high-born of our county are to shoot a Frenchman by longbow. So I'm out after the ceremony to cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war. It's something to do without football I suppose.

Long live the King.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I see Beckham gave up his fast-track offer to visit the coffin and queued up for 13 hours with the rest.

Respect to that.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:34 am I see Beckham gave up his fast-track offer to visit the coffin and queued up for 13 hours with the rest.

Respect to that.
I see some heathen has tried to run up and touch ma'am's coffin.
Definitely an excuse for Chaz to open up the tower and practice some torture me thinks.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:21 am
palerider wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:34 am I see Beckham gave up his fast-track offer to visit the coffin and queued up for 13 hours with the rest.

Respect to that.
Definitely an excuse for Chaz to open up the tower and practice some torture me thinks.
Old bill got him but one of the Chelsea Pensioners or maybe one of the guards should have put the lance or bayonet to his throat. Show that they mean business.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:09 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:21 am

Old bill got him but one of the Chelsea Pensioners or maybe one of the guards should have put the lance or bayonet to his throat. Show that they mean business.
No doubt the old 'mental health problems' will rear it's ugly head again.